PDA

View Full Version : Fuel in Spark Plug?

b4dnuf
24-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok so my car died on sat nite. Took it to the mecs and told me i needed a new fuel pump which i told him yeah go ahead..
now he has installed it n rang me to tell me that my car still wont start and that there is fuel in the spark plugs..
What does that mean is this gonna cost me $$$$ im thinkin it is.:(:(

tiksie
24-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Im assuming is running too rich ? Flooding the plugs with fuel ?

Might be injectors ?

b4dnuf
24-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Well prior to the car dying on me it was a bit rich. then all of the sudden it jsut died as i was driving..
I just had recently had the timimg belt n crankshaft seals replaced as well as new water pump.. ?
Well Injectors could be the best case scenario. someone told me i was gonna have to do the whole head gasket.

aaronng
24-07-2007, 02:09 PM
If the car died on you, I'd check the dizzy or ignitor first before looking at the fuel pump. :)

b4dnuf
24-07-2007, 02:42 PM
the engine turns n everything it just wont start. so it could be the dizzy. the racq just tested the spark for the car n it had spark or electricity goin to the spark plugs.

CRXer
24-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Main fuel relay,check it

dzyn3
25-07-2007, 01:42 PM
make sure you dont put in an aftermarket fuel pump too much fuel into the motor compared to your previous pump. insome cases that can also cause the plugs to foul and mis-firing. haha dont know how relevant that is.. but it happened to me -_-

gnx1987
25-07-2007, 04:18 PM
sorry to hijack but how does changing the fuel pump cause more fuel to be injected. doesn't the computer measure the psi and adjust it accordingly?

b4dnuf
25-07-2007, 04:26 PM
sorry to hijack but how does changing the fuel pump cause more fuel to be injected. doesn't the computer measure the psi and adjust it accordingly?

I dunno if it does but my fuel pump died so they changed it. there was no fuel pressure was so ever.. n yeah the ecu usually regulates the amount of fuel being delivered unless it is faulty..

aaronng
25-07-2007, 05:00 PM
make sure you dont put in an aftermarket fuel pump too much fuel into the motor compared to your previous pump. insome cases that can also cause the plugs to foul and mis-firing. haha dont know how relevant that is.. but it happened to me -_-

The injectors regulate the amount of fuel based on the intake manifold pressure and how rich your exhaust is, detected by the O2 sensor.

b4dnuf
26-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Can a misfire or backfire cause the timing belt to jump teeth. and if so what other damages can that cause to the internals. ?
Assuming this happened when the fuel pump died. it backfired. and the car didnt start after that.

b4dnuf
27-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Update.
Dizzy was Fc*kfd. when it fried literally the turny thingy was broken n half metled. it caused a misfire causing the belt to jump teeth.
new dizzy in all sweet now. bank a/c is dry however.