PDA

View Full Version : Half Cut Preperation?

DA9B18C
24-07-2007, 04:36 PM
hey guys+girls

i have a 98 wreck vtir and i want to chop it to make a bit of space in the garage!

as title reads: what preperations do i have to take in order to get a straight firewall onwards halfcut? i have already de-gassed the air con, what else.

dont say, "do the conversion" or "sell it" it aint happening, i have to wait a month longer for my project to really take off.

help would be really appreciated! :D

cheers :thumbsup:

bennjamin
25-07-2007, 08:46 AM
cut at the a pillar make sure there isnt a windshield there too. And cut straight down at the fender corner etc. Mind you its not a easy job for someone DIY in a garage

SPEEDCORE
25-07-2007, 09:21 AM
So your planning a cut and shut?

destrukshn
25-07-2007, 09:48 AM
no, he don't need the other half of the car, when doing the converion.
so it wants to cut it, like how you would get a front cut from wreckers.
and thorw the other shit away

DA9B18C
25-07-2007, 04:40 PM
no, he don't need the other half of the car, when doing the converion.
so it wants to cut it, like how you would get a front cut from wreckers.
and thorw the other shit away

yeh exacly. but wont it just be angle grinder all the way?
do i smash out the windscreen?
are there any wires that i should look out for?
water pipes,brake lines, petrol lines?

destrukshn
25-07-2007, 05:17 PM
you cut the seal around it, and then you go in the cabin use your feet to push it out.
lol

SPEEDCORE
25-07-2007, 06:14 PM
no, he don't need the other half of the car, when doing the converion

Well duh ..... just scratching my head as to why he was adament about having a straight firewall :confused:

EDIT: LoL don't worry...... I read it wrong.

onlykillzz
25-07-2007, 06:36 PM
umm if your cutting wires or lines best take out the battery and also try and find where things can be unscrewed that way u can use it if you need to dont just grand away at anything in your way if you see a cable try work out where it goes and if you can remove it in one pice if it looks like it goes forever then just cut it, thinks i can think of when i was working on my car are as follows:

inside car:
shift link

wiring ( there will not be much it will be speaker cable, ant cable and about 15 -16 cables that go to the lights at the back also most of the cables go down the side of the car in the cavity's in both driver and passenger.

roof liner, carpet

under car:
rear brake lines
b section of the exhaust
abs sencer cables for rear
fuel lines (best empty the tank before you work with this or it could get very messy )

outside car:
your best to remove the doors you can do this by removing the side scerts witch will give you access to the fenders ( there are 2 bolts under the side scerts) when you remove the fenders you can easy remove the door with 2 bolts, then just unplug the molex plug from the door and the hydrolic for the door ( small metal thing that opens and closes) and your sweet

everything else should need cutting i think..... if somethings wrong plz tell me. this is only from what iv seen in my car

DA9B18C
26-07-2007, 08:02 AM
onlykillzz - thats the sort of answer i wanted! thanks for the help.
credit points to you!!!!!!!!!