PDA

View Full Version : Prelude wont start? urgent help please

fliptd42
24-07-2007, 07:10 PM
i have a 93 prelude and have just removed my dashboard and i have unplugged 4 plugs to completely remove the dash board is this going to have any effect on starting the car because i have removed the dash and now the car wont start:( i need urgent help please

shadou
24-07-2007, 07:18 PM
sure it's not a flat battery and just a simple jump start won't fix? Think there's a lot more than 4 plugs that needs to be removed to completely remove the whole dash board, could be wrong never removed a whole dash as of yet

HondaTechy
24-07-2007, 07:23 PM
post a pic of the connector you unplugged.

fliptd42
24-07-2007, 07:36 PM
i'll post up pics 2moro when there's light kinda hard 2 take pics in the dark, and it's not a flat battery coz the starter seems 2 be working fine and is there a factory imobiliser on these vehicles?

HondaTechy
24-07-2007, 07:40 PM
dose the key light flash when you try to start it?

fliptd42
24-07-2007, 07:43 PM
dose the key light flash when you try to start it?

umm key light? im not 2 sure i bought this car second hand and now ive stripped for the interior 2 get done n when i removed the dash there was all these cables all over the place it looked like an alarm of sum sort but no black box, it was already unplugged so i thought i'd remove them, could this be the problem? i'll post the pics of the wires i removed when i get the chance to 2moro

HondaTechy
24-07-2007, 07:54 PM
must be dude the wires have probley been bridged at the old alarm unit that has been removed you wil need to trace the wires back

fliptd42
24-07-2007, 09:19 PM
must be dude the wires have probley been bridged at the old alarm unit that has been removed you wil need to trace the wires back

well i traced all the alarm wires bak again and found the problem and got the car working again it was sum sort of wire with a fuse connected 2 a ground of sum sort and the car started again...is this some kind of immobiliser kinda thing? but i'll have the pic up 2nyt and post the cable i was talking about