PDA

View Full Version : high flow cat

VEI FREAK
24-07-2007, 08:45 PM
so im getting a cat back system off my dad and i also want his high flow cat for my civic vei, my dad reckons that the high flow cat will do more damage than good when bolted on my civic. has anyone replaced that cat and had any problems related from the cat.

Kiz_EG6
25-07-2007, 10:17 AM
so im getting a cat back system off my dad and i also want his high flow cat for my civic vei, my dad reckons that the high flow cat will do more damage than good when bolted on my civic. has anyone replaced that cat and had any problems related from the cat.

I would be asking ur dad where he is coming from 1st.
The environment maybe, but i can't see it hurting ur car?!

What are his reasons for saying that?

dzyn3
25-07-2007, 01:46 PM
maybe he doesnt want to give it to you and wants to ebay it LOL

though i dont see why it can be harmful for your car unless its really really low and the piping is huge as.

VEI FREAK
25-07-2007, 02:10 PM
its 2.5'' inlet and outlet, it was off his v8

VEI FREAK
25-07-2007, 02:14 PM
oh yeah he was talking about damaging the car in some way not the environment and hes not looking to sell it on ebay.. lol he simply thinks that the cat has too much flow and that the civic cant handle it?? i reckon the car will go awesome with it but my dad is feeling bit doubtful about putting it on for me

Kiz_EG6
25-07-2007, 03:05 PM
oh yeah he was talking about damaging the car in some way not the environment and hes not looking to sell it on ebay.. lol he simply thinks that the cat has too much flow and that the civic cant handle it?? i reckon the car will go awesome with it but my dad is feeling bit doubtful about putting it on for me

Ur dad would be worried about it loosing compression with that cat on it, i would assume that this would not be an issue, so long as the whole exhaust was not that big!

I had a 2.5" on my B16A civic, i had it flanged down to 2.25" going out and the straight 2.5" coming off the header, worked a treat.

Kiz_EG6
25-07-2007, 03:06 PM
ur dad is just scared that a little 4cyl could be a match 4 his V8! :)

kazam
25-07-2007, 11:27 PM
ur dad is just scared that a little 4cyl could be a match 4 his V8! :)

if thats his dads concern, then his dads n idiot.

26-07-2007, 04:18 AM
ahahaha... he think his little boy still dont know what he is talking about? :p lol !! .. dats the worst think i will ever think ..

Kiz_EG6
26-07-2007, 08:12 AM
if thats his dads concern, then his dads n idiot.

Depends what his V8 is!
Say he has a two-fluffy-three in an old VH SLE or something, my 88 integra used to blow them off!

Not to mention the handling in a little go kart like an EG compared with a one and a half tonne tank!