View Full Version : Cabin Noise

Nibbler
25-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Does anybody else notice how much noise is passed into the cabin when driving on loose gravel ?
The rocks and gravel kicked up off the tyres into the wheel wells really makes a racket. I almost get embarrassed when there are passengers in the car with me.
It was one of the first things I noticed within a couple of days of picking the car up. It wasn’t what I expected for what is otherwise a high quality car.
Nibbler

aaronng
25-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Same for any car unless you get the whole underbody covered in insulating tar spray.

Suntzu
25-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know how to fix that squeeling noise when i turn of VSA rev it out and dump the clutch?? :) Oh yeah and it smokes sometime when I do this must be a warranty issue with the engine...

BiLL|z0r
25-07-2007, 07:04 PM
LOL, and that feeling of moving left and right when you turn the wheel.;)

tony1234
25-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Same for any car unless you get the whole underbody covered in insulating tar spray.
Agreed.

^__^ SM ^__^
26-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I think he has a valid point. I do notice that the Euro transmit a lot more gravel noise. I am not sure if getting mudflaps might help or not. Or is it these Dunlop tyres kicking up more gravel than usual. Maybe it's due to the side skirt being plastic and hollow (hence acting like a drum). Other cars don't have the skirt or have these "skirts" as steel, ie. Astra, Camry.

I hear it every time I get too close to the road gutter. Every bit of loose gravel seems to be getting kicked up. My parents' Camry and Merc doesn't do it, nor does my GF's Astra.

aaronng
26-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Astra's side skirts are plastic. On mine, they are black plastic. LOL.

I'd put it more to the tyres kicking up the gravel.

Nibbler
26-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks SM for the support. I wasn’t feeling much love in the room.
Aaronng, where can I get some if that tar spray fitted ?
Can anyone tell me where the black plastic thingy with buttons and metal spike goes ? I think it’s called a key ?
Nibbler

aaronng
26-07-2007, 05:00 PM
You can buy it from supercheap. It's the same stuff that the dealer uses for underbody protection. Since your car has already been on the road, you'll need a good underbody cleaning before applying the tar spray.

tron07
27-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Get those rubber spary (people use to spary them on the floorbed at the back of the utes & 4WDs) and spary them on the tire well and wheel arches.. It will take like 1/2 day to 1 day to dry properly.