PDA

View Full Version : Pistons for B18c/B16a

spada1
17-07-2004, 10:46 PM
What pistons would be best suited to the above hybrid engine, after a bit of research on the b16a head b18c block combo, it seems that compression is decreased.

Just gathering info. for future plans thankyou.
ie a project EG or DC2R

thanks

hondar
18-07-2004, 06:22 AM
What pistons would be best suited to the above hybrid engine, after a bit of research on the b16a head b18c block combo, it seems that compression is decreased.

Just gathering info. for future plans thankyou.
ie a project EG or DC2R

thanks

they are like type r engine. (ie b18c block and b16a head). you say compression is decreased? what is your orginal engine? b16, b18, b17? u need to tell us :lol:

btw, buy pistons that support your choice of cams. you want a pistons that yield a compression that is suitable for a particular choice of cams.

too many choices on the market for cams and pistons....

:wink:

spada1
18-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Im sorry i wasnt too clear was i... :roll:

i actually dont own a car... im planning on either getting an EG and working on it as a project car... with this b18c/b16a engine... and through some rough research found that just doing this and whacking in the standard b18c slugs would result in the loss of compression... im talking the vtir b18c block..

the codes are b18c2 = vtir and b18c7 type r?? yes all AUSDM?

project seems like a bit more fun to me and would be a better learning experience i guess...

on the other hand if things dont pan out as i wish... and turn out to be too much of a hassle.... i will look for a nice dc2r...

so on what you've told me hondar... a combination of pistons and cams...!??1

type one
18-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Hondar is right... i guess the answer is pretty simple - is this a big projekt?? or just a hybrid... so to clarify are you going to put a b16a into a ed and leave it at that with mild mods or are you going to PUT a b16a into an EG hehehe...

safets bet would be to get yourself forged pistons and work around that.... no need to worry about cam choice etc after that cos you will have the pistons to match. Until we have more info on your choices no one can have it a guess what you want to do.. forged more exxy but you might not need em in the end for your chosen path.

hondar
18-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Im sorry i wasnt too clear was i... :roll:

i actually dont own a car... im planning on either getting an EG and working on it as a project car... with this b18c/b16a engine... and through some rough research found that just doing this and whacking in the standard b18c slugs would result in the loss of compression... im talking the vtir b18c block..

the codes are b18c2 = vtir and b18c7 type r?? yes all AUSDM?

project seems like a bit more fun to me and would be a better learning experience i guess...

on the other hand if things dont pan out as i wish... and turn out to be too much of a hassle.... i will look for a nice dc2r...

so on what you've told me hondar... a combination of pistons and cams...!??1

if i were you, i will put the b18 block rather than b16. remember this rule.

there is no replacement for displacement. the bigger the cc, the better it is. thats why some people go for b20 block and b16 head or something like that.

list out what you want, whats the budget and be realistic as well. 4000.00 wont get you a type r engine and gearbox. unless you are a trader, dont expect that unless of course you found someone who is desperate to sell his type r engine and gearbox quickly.

and SAVE money. no one has all the money in the world. and even myself, i am selling all the honda parts and yet i need to save up. it is even more tempting for me cos i see this delicious parts every day and yet i cant use them yet.

i do have a budget. so buy bit by bit. make sure you know what to do so that you wont waste money buying the wrong parts. all the best