PDA

View Full Version : alignment problem

vteccoupe
26-07-2007, 10:11 PM
hey guys..just got some new tyres as my old tyres wear very badly on the inner side..im thinking i need to get it aligned properly ...just wondering i have a set of koni yellow shocks which wld b here in a mth or so..and im currently on eibach springs..just wondering is it neccessary to install my konis with my eibach springs then i get it aligned or i can get it aligned now and install my konis later? after installing konis wld the alignment goes haywire again?

im just trying to get my wheels aligned so that i dnt wan to harm my tyres during this period of wiating for my koni yellows

Spunkymonkey
26-07-2007, 10:22 PM
it sounds like your camber is wearing your tyres. Just get the allignment after your install the konis, and get them to check your toe and camber. You may need to buy a camber kit...

vteccoupe
26-07-2007, 10:25 PM
ic..so inner tyre wear = camber problem? i was told toe also does wears out the tyre as well?

Spunkymonkey
27-07-2007, 10:09 PM
ic..so inner tyre wear = camber problem? i was told toe also does wears out the tyre as well?

yes it does...its recommended to get the toe setting to zero or as close to it as possible. best to get a read out when you take it for allignment

preludacris
28-07-2007, 05:37 AM
definately get alignment after.

yeah , u may need a camber kit.

ekhybrid
28-07-2007, 07:17 PM

since u have a bit of neg camber, its wearing out the insides of the tyres, but a positve toe setting will even the wear out.

SeverAMV
30-07-2007, 10:49 AM
since u have a bit of neg camber, its wearing out the insides of the tyres, but a positve toe setting will even the wear out.

wouldnt it be better to just have zero toe and the negative camber reduced?
the wear might even out with a bit of toe, but you'll lose quite a bit of straight line stability doing that.

ekhybrid
30-07-2007, 02:52 PM
wouldnt it be better to just have zero toe and the negative camber reduced?
the wear might even out with a bit of toe, but you'll lose quite a bit of straight line stability doing that.

well u know what
ek's camber cant be adjusted from stock unless u get a camber kit. so unless he wants to fork outsome $$$....
positive toe'd car will be more stable than a car with 0 toe LOL.

u want 2 elaborate on that? :p

SeverAMV
30-07-2007, 05:15 PM
if you toe the wheels, they dont point straight, and matched to good tyres can make the steering a tad bit touchy (bump steer anyone?)

vteccoupe
30-07-2007, 09:30 PM
if i wan to get a camber kit..i just need to get the front ones? since its the front ones dat wear the inner part of the tyres or do i have to buy for both the front and rear

well u know what
ek's camber cant be adjusted from stock unless u get a camber kit. so unless he wants to fork outsome $$$....
positive toe'd car will be more stable than a car with 0 toe LOL.

u want 2 elaborate on that? :p

SeverAMV
30-07-2007, 11:03 PM
you should only need the front ones. if you still want a car that performs as if it were cambered without the uneven wear caused by camber, get a castor kit. its kinda camber that only kicks in on the corners, so you still have your straight line stability and performance.

oh and its not too bad having 1-2 degree of camber for a relatively stock street driven car. all depends on your cornering.

aaronng
31-07-2007, 12:03 AM
if you toe the wheels, they dont point straight, and matched to good tyres can make the steering a tad bit touchy (bump steer anyone?)

Bump steer is not caused by toe. It is caused by suspension geometry.

Toe in makes your car stable, toe out improves steering response (making it touchy and less stable) but causes your car to pull, following camber.