PDA

View Full Version : help needed

SoundStreamer
19-07-2004, 02:33 AM
seem to have a problem with my car, any help, opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

car is eg civic with b16a conversion.

problem is, it started off with the car jolting a little while driving. Its hard to explain but like when your accelerating in a gear back off accelerator then start accelerating again. sort of feels like something has skipped a tooth or something.

problem seems to have escalated, when i was driving in 5th the car suddenly wouldnt accelerate, it would hold the revs. Say for example its sitting on 4000rpm the accelerator would have no response whatsoever, then dropped to 4th same thing, i then dropped to 3rd and the car would accelerate again. The car even died on me once on the way home.

its also idling high compared to usual idle around 650-700, but it was idling around the 1300 region tonight.

have no idea whats wrong, but was thinking along the lines of not enough fuel?, dirty throttle body causing it to not open properly?, some sort of sensor error?. The car has no engine error light so i dont know if its throwing up something i cant see.

any help would be greatly appreciated, if someone has had the same problem or knows what it might be?

sorry for the long post, just worried that's all.

TIA,
Ron

SiR JDM
19-07-2004, 02:56 AM
hey.. your problem is very very very similar to mine (http://ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=8467) ... im having pretty much the same problem ... and i too agree it seems to be a fuel problem...

i have a fuel pump from an ek4, i was thinking perhaps that was the problem because the [acronym:d385bf99af="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:d385bf99af] is from an eg9 in my case, but i heard eg6 and eg9 are the same [acronym:d385bf99af="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:d385bf99af] anyway.

Could it be that the pump hasn't been configured to the [acronym:d385bf99af="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:d385bf99af] or somethin of the such?

I also drove the car without an o2 sensor and was told by someone that in doing that, it may have changed the settings on the [acronym:d385bf99af="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:d385bf99af] to default or something... im not exactly sure ill leave that one to be handled by people who know..

I was also told there could be a build up of carbon on the throttle body... then again i was told it could be an electrical problem ([acronym:d385bf99af="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:d385bf99af]) or a combination of both and a number of things..

mr crex
19-07-2004, 10:43 PM
I had a slightly similar problem with my idle and an odd feeling in the higher gears with initialising acceleration...

I found that my problem lied in the throttle body ... my accelerator cable was too tight and the throtle idle screw needed to be adjusted