PDA

View Full Version : Prepping EG for respray, need some advice

defect
29-07-2007, 02:02 PM
------

Zilli
29-07-2007, 02:29 PM
one of the guys here did the engine bay job on his teg, just pulled out as much as he could, then masked the rest and sprayed... if your choosing to go black then masking wont be AS crucial because most of the stuff in the by is black anyway, you just focus more on the areas you can see i suppose

Rivic
29-07-2007, 09:53 PM
hey man any other questions u got pm me, im currently doing my EH at the momment and am a painter ma self =]

-Jase

defect
30-07-2007, 04:41 PM
so can anyone help me with removing the door strip holes!

[[d a n n y]]
30-07-2007, 05:00 PM
well..
u need ti either weld em or put putty behind them..

zco
30-07-2007, 05:09 PM
you weld a piece of metal behind it and then bog it up from the front so the hole is smooth. search for it. theres a thread not too long ago in the integra section about removing side mouldings.

Rivic
30-07-2007, 06:51 PM
well can't really tell but looks like u have the clips still in there if u just ripped em off from the outside? pull your door trims of grab a pare of long nosedpliers and go to work, as for fillin em up, one way would be to long piece of metal behind there then as said; weld that on and bog over the holes on the outside, except it may cause a prob with ur door skins warping etc from the heat,
i filled in the holes in my boot with just bog and there roughly the same size.. best way, talk it over with ur pannel shop ur gettin it done at.
any reason y u taken em off? if ya wanna save money get the strips clour codded loks 100% better :)

fatboyz39
30-07-2007, 09:35 PM
leave it to teh experts. I've done many DIY and not worth it. Time consuming and results are ok.

As for engine bay, rip everything out and mask it off.

Rivic
31-07-2007, 09:57 PM
yeah but get em colour codded same as your car and put em back on.. just personall opinion wot looks good :)