PDA

View Full Version : fitting braided line to AN fitting

BlitZ
29-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Damn .. cant do it..

did all the usual..

wrap in tape, cut it and then use motor oil to assist..

tried it for hours.. cant so it..

Is there another way?

bennjamin
29-07-2007, 09:49 PM
use 2 adaptors ? One for the AN and one for the braided line...then join them 2gether ? Im sure they can make something up @ ENZED or earls etc

SuperDave
30-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Pirtek is just up the road from Moss st, I have never asked, but I assume they could also do the work for you.

fatboyz39
30-07-2007, 09:30 PM
there a **** to fit up. I tried and just gave up, hence no oil cooler on my car LOL. Just get the experts to do it. Saves all the headache.

BlitZ
31-07-2007, 04:41 PM
there a **** to fit up. I tried and just gave up, hence no oil cooler on my car LOL. Just get the experts to do it. Saves all the headache.

its freakin hard man... cant do it

BlitZ
31-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Pirtek is just up the road from Moss st, I have never asked, but I assume they could also do the work for you.

sure will call these guys.. but labour is quiet expensive

Terrible One
31-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Braided line can be a bitch!

I did my fuel pump under the back of my shitter with braided line and Speedflow fittings and it took a long time...with alot of little holes in my fingers from getting stabbed from frayed bits!

I used vasoline for lube, seemed to work alright. Good luck!

DynoDave
01-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Clown's you have seen me do it its easy just dont rush it ;)
Regards Dyno Dave

DLO01
01-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Whos got little pin hole bleeds? :p

Yeh, just take your time. Turning the line/fitting helps as you push.

If it does fray beyond being able to fit it. Use and angle grinder to cut off the end and start a fresh. The grinder cuts it nice and clean. :thumbsup:

mr_vtec
01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
dave you make everything seem so easy but good luck to most us do your work lol...