PDA

View Full Version : Euro does wakefield

ginganggooly
30-07-2007, 08:28 AM
1:18.40

It's a really good platform :D
I was really impressed, considering the car is completely stock. I think a 1:16 is on the cards, i would have done it on the day, but i ran out of talent.

dupac->
30-07-2007, 08:36 AM
lol @ ran out of talent

good shit man :thumbsup:

MKI4EVA
30-07-2007, 08:50 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/NewWheels022.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/NewWheels007.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/MKI4EVA/NewWheels003.jpg

This was with a proper track side timer/beacon btw. We had the read out in the car so knew what times we were pulling each time we passed the infra-red beam.

|N|
30-07-2007, 08:53 AM
welldone... thats a pretty time

evolution42
30-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Nice times. Interested to know whether you experienced bad brake fade during/after the day with a stock euro? I remember my brakes being very sensitive prior to the first track day I did, but after that, they became very weak and spongy

faijai
30-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey thats a real nice time!

gReY-oNe
30-07-2007, 09:33 AM
LOL congrats on the time

sure u shoudlnt be aiming for 1:25 like me??
LMAO

ginganggooly
30-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Nice times. Interested to know whether you experienced bad brake fade during/after the day with a stock euro? I remember my brakes being very sensitive prior to the first track day I did, but after that, they became very weak and spongy

There was a little inconsistancy... the fade was there, but not too bad.
I did get caught out once though, hard on the brakes into turn one, and the pedal went to the floor. :eek:
I need to wash my car as a result of that little off tarmac expedition

I need to push the pedal down much further now, so there is a marked difference before and after racing. Nothing a pad and fluid change won't fix though. The hard bit is finding the right pads.

I really want to go back there with better tyres, pads, fluid and maybe some braided lines. That should be enough to knock a few seconds off the time.

MKI4EVA
30-07-2007, 09:37 AM

A brake fluid change would get rid of the spongy pedal dude.

Yeh not a bad time for his first time on the track in the euro and 2nd time at the track in over 4 years. Made my full suspension worked Z looked PISS SLOW with a 1:18:36.....hehehhehe.

ginganggooly
30-07-2007, 09:40 AM
A brake fluid change would get rid of the spongy pedal dude.

Yeh not a bad time for his first time on the track in the euro and 2nd time at the track in over 4 years. Made my full suspension worked Z looked PISS SLOW with a 1:18:36.....hehehhehe.

Don't go beating yourself up lol

The Z is hugely harder to drive, it looks hugely sexier, and sounds hugely sexier. I'm sure it's hugely more fun to throw around too.

Suntzu
30-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Id love to hit wakefield. Its only 60km from my place. I was worried about some dick rear ending me and losing my insurance but.

How do you rate it risk wise?

Bear in mind I have been around it a fair bit, but in their lanos's not my car. cheers

MKI4EVA
30-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Id love to hit wakefield. Its only 60km from my place. I was worried about some dick rear ending me and losing my insurance but.

How do you rate it risk wise?

Bear in mind I have been around it a fair bit, but in their lanos's not my car. cheers

fark i'd be there every open wkend day........

no one will hit you unless you do something wrong and not let ppl pass or something like that............keep your space if you feel you need it.

:thumbsup: