PDA

View Full Version : clutch buzz

beesting
30-07-2007, 01:38 PM
does anyone know if there is an australian service bulletin for the infamous "clutch buzz" on the early model s2000's? the american service bulletin is number 00-054 dated November 27,2001 and titled "buzzing from the engine or transmission while decelerating".

as described in the american bulletin, i want to see if i can get my s2000 fixed as a good will guesture as it is out of waranty. the honda dealer seems very gaurded when i ask them about this...

chicken8
30-07-2007, 02:53 PM
no there isnt

australia dun do this TSB stuff

u go to the dealer and tell them the problem. if they think its a warranty repair then they'll fix it

Vuey
30-07-2007, 04:21 PM
does anyone know if there is an australian service bulletin for the infamous "clutch buzz" on the early model s2000's? the american service bulletin is number 00-054 dated November 27,2001 and titled "buzzing from the engine or transmission while decelerating".

as described in the american bulletin, i want to see if i can get my s2000 fixed as a good will guesture as it is out of waranty. the honda dealer seems very gaurded when i ask them about this...

mate , i tried a few yrs back trying to get it fixed under warranty and they just laughed it off . I even tried Honda Australia head office to no avail . Best to live with it and replace your clutch with the 01+ OEM clutch when its time . After a while you wont even notice it anymore . We have an 03 S2000 now and i actually miss the buzzing :p

beesting
30-07-2007, 08:48 PM
i went to a honda service centre today. they charged me $130 for a quote to say that i need a new clutch setup if i want to fix the buzzing ($2500). i was pissed...

since when do you charge people for a quote...

will never go to them again.

IRI
30-07-2007, 09:52 PM
i went to a honda service centre today. they charged me $130 for a quote to say that i need a new clutch setup if i want to fix the buzzing ($2500). i was pissed...

since when do you charge people for a quote...

will never go to them again.

Where the hell do you go for that? General price from Honda is about $1700... and $130 for a quote, did they service it the same time???

beesting
31-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Where the hell do you go for that? General price from Honda is about $1700... and $130 for a quote, did they service it the same time???

no service was carried out.

i only asked for a quote to fix:

1. condensation in passenger headlight
2. convertible latch
3. piece of carpet falling away from trim
4. clutch buzz
5. install mat posts
6. stearing wheel shroud

the only piece of work actually carried out was disconnecting the headlight washers. surely that only takes 5 minutes at most???

the items above would have taken 30 minutes max to look at and they refuced to quote on items 3 and 5.

i might write a letter of complaint... the service manager was a complete **** head to me. i just wanted my car back before they wrecked it...

the scary thing is, i seemed to know alot more about s2000's than they did :o

Perry
31-07-2007, 02:26 PM
no service was carried out.

i only asked for a quote to fix:

1. condensation in passenger headlight
2. convertible latch
3. piece of carpet falling away from trim
4. clutch buzz
5. install mat posts
6. stearing wheel shroud

the only piece of work actually carried out was disconnecting the headlight washers. surely that only takes 5 minutes at most???

the items above would have taken 30 minutes max to look at and they refuced to quote on items 3 and 5.

i might write a letter of complaint... the service manager was a complete **** head to me. i just wanted my car back before they wrecked it...

the scary thing is, i seemed to know alot more about s2000's than they did :o

which place is this?

beesting
31-07-2007, 08:00 PM
which place is this?

without naming them, it's a honda service centre in SA.

Bayani
03-08-2007, 03:06 AM
PM them if you want a name.

Pumped
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
What exactly does the clutch buzz sound like? and what causes it?

i think my euro may have a similar problem

chicken8
03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
sounds like a mobile phone vibrating on a table

but its also a vibration that can be felt throughout the car