PDA

View Full Version : your opinion

omgitsmatt
30-07-2007, 06:52 PM
guys looking to buy " angel eyes " headlights and altezza style tail lights just wanted your thoughts on a couple of things what colour angel eyes and tail lights? clear housing or black housing? i drive a metallic silver 94 civic sedan gli im thinking the black housing? and also looking to buy 17inch rims what colour? i know some people will say its upto me and the style i like but just wanted to get an overall verdict
thanks guys

Rivic
30-07-2007, 07:11 PM
imo i hate the angel eye ones for (EH sedan i take it?) rice lights, well if ur a ricer thats just not me, wot about stock headlights n eyebrows? theres a coupla diff rear lights u can get, wotever takes ur fancy,..

omgitsmatt
30-07-2007, 07:24 PM
nah its an eg and with reference to the eye brows do they actually do anything or are they just a add on like a body kit?

Joeyboy
31-07-2007, 01:22 PM
eyebrows are just add-ons for looks.

angel eyes are good - go for the black housing for both. bare in mind that the halos will not last very long....mine were gone after 10mths.

as for rims, have a look at tempetyres.com.au and go into the wheel wizard page and put in your car and it will bring up a list of rims that will fit into your car. i would probably go powder for rims or black rims with chrome around it.

have u had a look at US ebay? Just to give u an idea:

heads:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__94-civic-headlights_W0QQ_nkwZ94Q20civicQ20headlightsQQ_fxdZ 1

tails:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__94-civic-taillights_W0QQ_nkwZ94Q20civicQ20taillightsQQ_fxdZ 1

rims:
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/wheel_wizard.asp

omgitsmatt
31-07-2007, 02:49 PM
ahh k thanks for help, once the halos are gone do i need to replace the whole thing or just a certain part?

Joeyboy
31-07-2007, 04:12 PM
ahh k thanks for help, once the halos are gone do i need to replace the whole thing or just a certain part?

u'll probably get ppl telling u to use the oven to open up the heads and replace the leds....m sure there's a DIY somewhere! hahaha! i cant be bothered to be honest. i'd just but new ones. but im staying away from halos (coz they're starting to get old-fashioned coz every tom, dick, and harry has those - just like altezza tails, haha! sorry to burst your bubble but i have altezzas as well and now i dont know y i bought it...so i sprayed tint on em and looks HEAPS better).

get a jdm black housing if u can get ur hands on them...much better! looks great too!

beeza
31-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Dont do it.Angel eyes only suit BMW's.
Stock tails > Altezza's.Altezza's look nasty,no,no.

Chuckz
31-07-2007, 05:42 PM
i would have same comments as beeza, wouldnt change it. however, alternative for headlights, hid's.
imo 17" rims is a little too big for EG civic, go for 16". as for colour, gunmetal or something matt looking seems alright

imo to do up ur car, a nice bodykit, 16" rims and slightly lowered looks neat

55EXX
31-07-2007, 09:57 PM
go crystal tails that are the top white bttom red or vice versa. the look a tone better than altezzas. i am another altezza buyer that regrets it. tho i have the black chrome finish i still would rather white and red crystal style

55EXX
31-07-2007, 09:59 PM
oh yeah gunmetal or black lightweight rims 16's no kit only lips maybe even paint you bonnet black and dump the car on its guts = sexy

omgitsmatt
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
well i just purchase a GT bomber bodykit so the lips are out of the question, and with the bonnet im looking to get something with vents and maybe a scoop depending on the looks and spraying that black

omgitsmatt
01-08-2007, 03:21 PM
and you reckon 16s? i was thinking 17s because there are alot more styles as opposed to 16s. from what i saw on websites, tempetyres, ozzytyres, im only looking to spend 1000 max on wheels

beeza
01-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I have 17" Rims on my Sedan.I Love em'.I think they suit great.If I were to buy another set I would probably buy 16" just to try something different.But it will be a tough choice cause I think 17" really suit sedans...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/DSCF1409-1.jpg

My Tails.I've had them for 2 years and I still Love em'.They suit me,Funky/retro dude.Ha Ha...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/TheBatmobile051-1.jpg

omgitsmatt
01-08-2007, 05:24 PM
thanks for your advice the only problem is i saw 17s on a lancer and they just looked to big for the car looked like the suspension had been raised instead of lowered if that makes sense then if i get 16s i dont want the rims to look small, if anyone has side on pics of their rims on their civics that havent been lowered and with a bodykit or just stock can you please post them and tell me what size your rims are. thank guys

beeza
01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
17" Rims on a Lancer definately looks too big but not on a Civic.

omgitsmatt
01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
yeah i saw that on sunday and realised that it could look the same on my car. now my next problem is finding a place to purchase preferably in melbourne looking to spend no more then $1000 with fitting and other things. dont have to buy full chromes just something to suite a metallic silver. any ideas? ( if anyone works or is selling im looking to buy in late september early october )

beeza
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Nah 17" definately suit Civic sedans but 16's are sweet too.Even 15's with the right Rim look sick too.
I bought my wheels at Bob Jane.$1150 Rims and Tryes on a 12 months interest free deal.It's awesome.I didn't pay a cent for 40 weeks then the last 12 weeks paid $100/week.Easy.
I did the same for my $1800 computor too.

Joeyboy
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
i've even seen 18s on a civic with low profile tyres and it looked HOT! it all depends on the style of the rims though....some look stupiid.

ur not in sydney are u? tempe would be the way to go for rims

omgitsmatt
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
nah im in melbourne which kinda sucks cause i look through hot 4s and autosalon mags and everything is pretty much based in sydney :(. im looking towards somewhere where they do 12 months interest free