PDA

View Full Version : extractors are on

Rowie
16-10-2003, 12:55 PM
ok, the extractors are now on, after alot of ****ing around. i did it myself in the end :D

the sound has changed, and im not sure if i like the new sound :o

i cant tell any noticable power gains, but i'll see tonight on the OP run. Rolling start between 2 sign posts (that i use for testing) I got from 40km/h in second to 90km/h just hiting 3rd gear in my old setup.

Will be interesting to see if i can squeeze 5 or 10 more km/h . we will soon see :?

see everyone tonight eh :P

Setanta
16-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Good job mate :) If I make it out tonight I'll be interested to see how it goes. But it's looking like rain might be on the agenda and I'm wasted - thinking of doing the tops run on Sat instead.

How hard was it to fit to the exhaust or did you get it all custom welded?

Rowie
16-10-2003, 04:16 PM
the extractors bolted straight on to the exhaust, they were off another civic, no welding was necessary, thats why i did it myself.

was a pain in the ass to fit them in though, had to jack up the motor above the engine bay to squeeze them in. saved paying $90 to get someone else to do it :D

AP1 F20c
16-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Good stuff, Adrian.

Setanta
16-10-2003, 11:37 PM
the extractors bolted straight on to the exhaust, they were off another civic, no welding was necessary, thats why i did it myself.

was a pain in the ass to fit them in though, had to jack up the motor above the engine bay to squeeze them in. saved paying $90 to get someone else to do it :D

Good job then :) Let us know how they go :)

Rowie
02-12-2003, 06:32 PM
thought i would post a quick pick ....... had to do some minor body trimming due to the extractors tapping on the chassis :x

http://www.coresupreme.com/uploaded/1.jpg

Geek
16-01-2004, 11:54 AM
thats a tight fit. I had a problem with my headers being almost as close to the front as yours. In the end the head melted my aircon fan :(

Rowie
16-01-2004, 01:57 PM
yeh, I am trying to get my hands on some sort of heat soaking material to wrap around the extractors.

Anyone have any ideas?

McChook
22-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah, you can buy exhaust heat wrap. We use it on all of our dump pipes. I guess you can get it at a Repco. If not, try calling GCG turbos, they will have some.
www.gcg.com.au