PDA

View Full Version : clutch noise

Ek_Civic
19-07-2004, 02:53 PM
hey i was just wondering... i had a eg hatch and sold it and now have a ek hatch... both cars had noises somewhere in the clutch... when i release the clutch i get a squiky noise... and also a grinding sensastion felt on the pedal...what is this?? anyone have the same probs... i think its a common prob seem both cars had it....

[[d a n n y]]
19-07-2004, 04:28 PM
oh...all u need to do is lubricate the springs..

that's probly what's causing the problem

luzinit
19-07-2004, 05:04 PM
i had same problem, when i took it down to hannys, peter [the mechanic there] put some lubricant somewhere in the engine bay.. (im assuming where the clutch is) and the noise was gone.

TOYOL
19-07-2004, 06:14 PM
its the clutch fork.... just spray some lube... its located in the front portion of your engine bay. Just remove the rubber hood.

Ek_Civic
20-07-2004, 11:32 AM
ohh ok thats what the mechanic said and he tryed doin the lube thing but it didnt stop it.... well it wasnt as loud but still there maybe i have to load it up with lube to make it shut up

ECU-MAN
20-07-2004, 07:40 PM
some thimes the only way is to remove the gearbox, clean the thrust bearing and fork, relube and off you go. BUT I have also seen squeeky pressure plates. most of the time a quick lube from the shift fork cover will fix it for a while..

Tonkotsu Flavour
25-07-2004, 06:29 PM
you can get a temp fix, but spraying on moving pivots but other than when you change your clutch , lube the clutch fork at the same time.