PDA

View Full Version : Help with wheel selection

johnboy2c
01-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi,

I have a blue Gen5 prelude and am over my chrome rims (color and shape)

I have been looking around for rims that I like and have come across DC5 Integra Type-R rims and think they could be OK.

Some pics of the rims and a lude(Not my car!) with them on are attached.

I know that the specs are:

Front: 17 x 7 offset +60mm 5 x 114.3
Rear: 17 x 7 offset +60mm 5 x 114.3

In one of the pics I have noticed that the rims don’t “fill” the guards properly which makes me think it’s not going to be the correct offset.
So I guess my questions are:
What is the best (original) offset for a prelude VTi-R?
Has anyone seen a prelude with these rims on it?
How did it look?
Do you think I can use spacers on the rims to bring the wheels out and where can i buy them from?

Any help would be appreciated.
If anyone thinks these rims don’t look good or know rims that would look better, please let me know last thing I want to do is make my car look ugly.

Thanks heaps

Mrkrooz
01-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Got this from Prelude Australia.....

7" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen

Less than +38mm ::: Not Recommended
+38mm to +41mm ::: Not Recommended if you are, or plan to be, lowered. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+42mm to +44mm ::: This is a grey area if you are lowered, results vary depending on tire and/or drop. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+45mm to +50mm ::: You shouldn't have any problems. Recommended Offsets for 7" Wide Wheels.
Larger than +51mm ::: Not Recommend. You take the chance of rubbing the inside lining of the wheel well.

^^ those are the recommended offsets.....
i dnt think you'll have a problem with them..but putting spacers might make it look better...... it does look a bit werid at the back.....
Judging from those pics i think it looks pretty hot....

Honesttly its up to you....you'll be rockin them so other peoples opinions should'nt matter......!!

nator
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Those rims should fit fine.

I see what you mean about them not filling the gueards properly.

But i think that is just the angle. Ive seen these exact rims on other Preludes and they seemed to fit perfect.

Go for it man.

T-onedc2
01-08-2007, 05:22 PM
paint them gunmetal also

vtc
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
they look nice. only thing is these OEM rims normally cost about as much as aftermarket brand ones. might as well get something else.

but they do look nice and in silver they are very hard to find.

m3ntAL_l2
01-08-2007, 10:45 PM
jdm dc5r rims r ill. buy it :thumbsup:

SiReal
02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
they may also not fill the guards because of the lowering - negative camber.

it appeared that way on my car in the rear until i got my anti camber kit, and pushed the rear wheels back out. now its all flush and looks nice.