PDA

View Full Version : [DIY] Accord Euro Centre Console Lighting Colour Modification

EUR003act
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim:
To change the stock/boring green lighting to something more sporty/racey

Tools Required:
Paint scraper
Small/Medium Flathead screwdriver
Medium Phillips head screwdriver
Jewellers Phillips head screwdriver
Fine tip temperature controlled soldering iron
Fine sandpaper (200-300 grit)
Long nose pliers
Needle point tweezers
Plastic containers so you don't loose screws
Small Torch (optional)
PCB stand (optional, but handy)

Items used:
Surface mount diode (SMD) LEDs white x 7
SMD LED red x 1
3mm LEDs white x 14
3mm LEDs red x 10
Resitors to suit (these will vary for different LEDs see notes for how to calculate correct values)
Fine leaded solder (0.4mm-0.7mm)

Removing the centre Console:
1. To remove the centre console first open the cig lighter compartment and remove the ashtray. under ther you'll find two screws, remove them. You now need to remove the gear boot surround (not sure for autos). this is simple, place your fingers on the inside of the leather, hook them under the edge of the plastic as marked by the red arrows in the picture,
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/geat-bootMedium.jpg
now just pull up, theres four clips, one in each corner holding it in. once thats out you should be able to unclip the entire cigarette/ashtray piece by pulling it up and slightly out in the same manner.

2. Now to remove the cargo compartment, at the bottom of it there are two or three screws, remove these, then open the door and grabe both sides, pulling out directly towards you should unclip it. now you have to close the door and you should be able to wiggle it out. put it some where safe for now (it won't be needed till putting everything back)

3. Underneath the console unit you should now be able to see two silver hex screws, remove these. note the auxilary connection for the headunit :D

4. Next step is to remove the centre console top panel, this is probably the most fidly part, so be cautious! cover the paint scraper with a soft cloth, making a levering tool that wont scratch anything. slip it above your radio between the console top plate and the rest of your dash. being very careful not to damage it. very carefully lever it up, you need to unclip the front three clips, once these are free, slide the panel towards the back of the car, this unclips the other 4 clips, the positions of the clips are marked in the picture below. The two white circles on the outside show where you must lever up to pop the clips out, the third middle one can be unclipped by lifting from the other two. The white arrows show the slots where u must slide the panel forward (towards the boot) to take it off.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/Photo-0089-Medium.jpg

5. Once removed unclip the hazard light switch, sun sensor, and the two clips holding the wiring. Place somewhere safe.

6. At the top of the radio/climate control unit there are three screws, undo these, the unit should now be free and easy to remove, unclip the cable connections on the back (3x) and the cable clips. place the whole unit where you'll be doing the soldering of the new lights.

Removing seat heater switches:
1. Unclip the leather boot from the gear knob by rotating and pulling down gently. Then unsrew the gear knob counter clockwise till removed. slip the boot and surround off the shaft.

2. Turn the unit upside down, remove the top two screws that hold the boot in the holder, then undo the two screws on each side holding the switches in, remove switches from the rear

Removing VSA and sunroof controls:
1. Simply slide a fingernail (or carefully use a small flathead screwdriver) under the plastic surround that hold the VSA, Sunroof and blank plate on the dash. I find it easy to lever it from the bottom, marked in the picture by the red arrows.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/vsa-sunroofSmall.jpg
Lever it out and it should just unclip. Then disconnect wires, now push in clips on top and bottom of the individual switchs and slide switch out.

Removing Driverside door switches:
1. Use either a fingernail or flat head screwdriver to unclip the patterned surround around the switches (woodgrain/marble/silver). I find lifting from the inside of the handle (marked by the red arrow) is the easiest spot. There are two main clips, one at te very front closest to the front of the door, and one at the rear (both marked by white circles), once these are uncliped it should just slide out.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/driver-side-controlsMedium.jpg

2. Unclip the cables and remove the whole unit. place unside down being careful not to break the mirror controls. Undo all six or seven screws on the back and remove the controls from the top panel. then using the flathead screwdriver unclip the plastic backing plate to reveal the circuit board.

3. From the front pull off the window locking button, you should only have to get your fingers under it and lift up, dont force it off. Theres a tiny phillips head screw inside the top black plastic square bit, remover this with the jewellers screwdriver and then you should be able to remove the PCB board easily.

Removing Passenger and Rear window controls:
1. Exactly the same as step 1. for the drivers door

2. Disconnect the cable and flip the unit upside down, using the flathead screwdriver unclip the square backing plate and the blue cable socket. The PCB board should just fall out into your hand.

Changing the radio/climate console:
1. This is the time consuming part, first, unscrew the six big screws holding the CD player on. Once theyre undone, lift the entire player straight up and off the panels. its only connected by two surface mount sockets, so be careful not to bend any pins. undo all screw on the back of the main PCB. taking note of where they go. Unscrew and unclip from the top most plastic panels first, then start removing the underlying PCBs.

2. Once all screws are removed (including the two holding the black plastic CD guide inplace) turn over and pull off front volume, temperature, and passenger knobs. you should be able to slip a fingernail in and just lever them off. if not, check that you have removed all screws (theres two holding in each knob).

3. You should now be able to take out the PCB board, exposing the back of the console. Disconnect the climate control buttons by uncliping the vanilla coloured clip at the end of the ribbon cable. You should now have two seperate boards

4. Begin desoldering the OEM lamps on each PCB. You may use either the long nose pliers or tweezers to help pull off the globes. Be very careful not the ruin the solder tracks. Remember you have to solder the LEDs back on there!

5. Once all globes are removed, grab the centre panel back plate. turning it so the buttons face down, you can see three seperate clear panels. Remove only ONE of these segments at any one time by removing ONLY the two screws belonging to that segment (as shown in the picture below marked by yellow dots).
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/rear-plateMedium.jpg
the reason you do one at a time is if you bump the unit all the bottons, reflectors and so on will fall out and are nearly impossible to work out how to put them back in. much safer doing it this way!

6. Use the sandpaper to grind down each 3mm LED. LEDs are very directional compared to lamps, u need the light output to distribute evenly. so rough up the LED so its no longer clear (looks like a frosted light globe) this will aloow for even lighting of the dash. The picture below shows how they should look (and the position of the red and white LEDs)
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/led-diagramMedium.jpg

7. Using the clear segment you previously removed, place it over the PCB where it would sit when together in the console, check the clearance around each lamp point and work out where your resistor will sit so as not to get in the way. do this for each LED, before and after soldering on. The picture above also shows where i placed my resistors (the little blue things)

8. Begin soldering on each LED and resistor pair. Note: when working out resistor values, your starting voltage is 6v! not 12v! Be sure to observe the correct polarity as shown in the circuit diagram below.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/dash-diagramMedium.jpg
Remeber to keep checking with the clear plate whether its all fitting underneath.

9. Once you've fitted all the LEDs, it might pay to test theyre working before screwing everything back together. for this you'll need the main PCB and the Cd player unit. take them both to your car, plug in the CD units socket (its the one on its own cable), there is no need for the other two to be connected at this point. now line the control PCB up with the plugs onthe front of the CD player, and push together gently. do not force! Now just turn on your parking lights and check all LEDs are working.

10. When doing the LEDs that fit inside the dials (LP18, LP12 and LP19) remember these ones need to stand up straight to fit inside the knob housing. next you have to do the bottom PCB that contains LP203/202/207... these light up the bottom climate control settings. do these in the same manner as the LEDs as the top board, remembering to keep checking clearance with the clear plate.

11. If you with you can test these LEDs by plugging it all in just like in step 9. If not, place all clear segments back, screw them back and and place the PCBs back into their spots.

12. Place the knobs and dials back onto the front panel, making sure u line up the centre piece correctly. When screwing it all back together, the short screws (there should be eight) go into the holes marked on the board by a white circle. all other holes take the longer screws. Replace the two plastic covers, and screw tight. Now place the CD player back ontop, once again lining it up as nt to break the plugs/sockets on the back. Screw it back on. Thats the centre console finished.

Driverside panel and window controls:
1. Very similar to the main PCB so i won't carry on. Desolder the OEM LEDs, you'll definately need the needle nose tweezers to get these off. They may be slightly stuck as they glue them on in the factory to assist in soldering :(

2. Replace with your new white (or what ever colour you choose) LEDs, no need for resistors here (nominal voltage on the OEM LEDs varies from 1.8-2.5volts). Pay attention to polarity, as shown in diagram below.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/window-controlsMedium.jpg

3. To make the LED that replaces the right angle 3mm which lights up the mirror controls, just sand down a normal 3mm LED and then bend the legs to make it fit, check with the mirror control housing whether itll fit before reassembling.

4. To test LEDs, plug in PCB board and switch car to ignition. If youre testing passenger or rear door controls, the main driver unit must be pluged in and the window lock swtich OFF. You'll also notice that central locking wont work without the driver unit connected. The brains behind the central locking, and the RF antennae (that little black thing that required the jewellers screwdriver to remove) for it is actually in the driver control panel.

Seat heaters, Hazard Light, VSA, and Sunroof buttons:
1. These ones are pretty simple, just use the flathead screwdriver to undo the globe holder by twisting it anti clockwise.

2. Remove the globe by undoing the wire around the holder, then pull the globe straight out.

3. Sand down an LED so its nice and frosted, once again, you need it to be an even light source.

4. Now replace with LED and resistor (remember the starting voltage is now 12v). push the LED and resistor legs through the holes inside the holder, and wrap them around the base, just like the original globe was. to get them to fit you might find it easier to unclip the front button (two clips either end of each switch) and use the pliers to position the LED inside the housing.

Now put everything back together, and youre all done. This may also be a good to change the globes in the cigarette ring and ashtray. Theyre just T5 mini wedge globes, available from Autobarn.

The completed product :D (excuse the poor quality pic, taken on mobile phone)
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSCF1300Medium.jpg

Notes and Erata:
Calculating resistor values required
Use this simple formula: R=(V-Ve) x (1000/vf)
Where R is the resistor required, V is the base voltage (6v for the audio/climate console and 12v for the rest of the switches), Ve is the voltage drop of the LED (usually 2-3v) and vf is the current draw of the LED in milliamps (varies between 20-50ma).
Example:
133 = (6-2) x (1000/30)
I used 1% 0.5W resistors, however, depending on the LED, 5% 0.25W resistors should be fine

Other Comments:
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need further advise or help in the matter. This guide covers the entire process, including centre console, vsa and sunroof controls, window buttons, door lock, seat heaters, and mirror controls. Obviously not all tools and equipment will be needed if your not doing all the changes i did, likewise, you may choose to use different colour LEDs. I had to cut the guide short as i exceeded the 15000 characters, but putting it back together should be easy, just follow the intructions backwards :D

PLEASE NOTE: Some users have mentioned polarity may be incorrect on one of my diagrams, please confirm correct polarity yourself prior to attempting any changes...

snYpz
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
wow that looks awesome!! good job...if only i could do that too!!

r-r-redEuro
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
hey you live in canberra right ? LOL wanna travel up to sydney and make mine go red galore? LOL

EUR003act
01-08-2007, 10:52 PM
lol im glad you guys like it :D makes it worth while lol

and yes i live in canberra... id also be happy to show you (or anyone else for that matter) how to do it some time... if i have to! :P

EuroAccord13
01-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Holy! I've been talking about doing that for a long time, but I don't know which bulbs it uses...

More info PLEEEEAAASSEEEEE!!!!!!
What bulbs etc... How many required etc...

+Rep for your effort!

SiReal
01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
nice one. i wanna make all my lights red as well., like a BMW.

as001
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Seriously man you need to please post a diy

panda[cRx]
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
niiice

tony1234
02-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Yeah looks good.You need to post a DIY with pics so we can all have a go at it.:thumbsup:

Dru42
02-08-2007, 09:16 AM
thats awsome!!! gotta post a DIY!!!!!

Pumped
02-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Nice work :)

sendok
02-08-2007, 10:15 AM
nice indeed.. DIY would be awesome!!

EuroDude
02-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Seriously man you need to please post a diy

true that :thumbsup:

Must have been a biatch getting into the console :p

tron07
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Can you show some photos of how you change it.... I did changes on my Civic Coupe dash before I sold it... click on the link on my signature to see....

adammet04
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
yes please post DIY...i NEED to do this !! :)

Atjo
02-08-2007, 02:18 PM
yes please post DIY...i NEED to do this !! :)
And do mine as well adam when you know how to do it :p

Eurtopia
02-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Good job mate, can't wait for the DIY..gonna do it myself...but gotta figure out how to remove the centre console :eek:

r-r-redEuro
02-08-2007, 06:44 PM
welll i think i speak for everyone here lol, i think you HAVE to show us NOW. so post a DIY k thanks bye! lol.

EUR003act
02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
:

Must have been a biatch getting into the console :p

YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!! lol

and yes i will get a DIY up, i took some pics during the construction to help you guys out... just gotta finish all the modding. today i finished the seat heater, VSA, and sunroof lights :D

Jegi#5
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Looks great!!!

However did you forget to wire up the Hazard Switch backlight? The Hazard triangle isn't lit up??? :confused:

EUR003act
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Good job mate, can't wait for the DIY..gonna do it myself...but gotta figure out how to remove the centre console :eek:

lol once you know how to do it, its easy as piss... ill post a pic on our to remove all covers and stuff.

also in regards to the "bulbs" used. its not that simple, it requires you to desolder the original surface mount lamps, and replace with a LED and resistor in its place. you have to pay attention to the polarity of the globes and there voltage. hopefully have full instructions up here soon.

and thanks to everyone for the rep points :D much appreciated

EUR003act
02-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Looks great!!!

However did you forget to wire up the Hazard Switch backlight? The Hazard triangle isn't lit up??? :confused:

lol yes... good spotting

EUR003act
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
im just using this post to attach all the pics required in my DIY...

Rein
02-08-2007, 07:46 PM
man i hate soldering.. never good at it since high school...

LXRY
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

NICE.......well done, great work :thumbsup:

EuroDude
Did you add those resistors yourself? Were they really necessary?

Someone should put bright Blue LED's in there, would look good in the 06/07 Models since the cluster has a lot of blue and white around the dials, opposed to the orange in the 03-05.

@Rein soldering is easy with a decent (expensive) soldering iron such as the professional Hako ones. Ive found that the cheap $15 soldering irons from DickSmith are 10x harder to use.

Rein
02-08-2007, 07:47 PM
hey EUROO3act, you know how to change the lights on the dashboard??

EuroDude
02-08-2007, 07:55 PM
hey EUROO3act, you know how to change the lights on the dashboard??

Thats easier than the console, just remove a few screws underneath the top of the dash, slide the cluster out to reveal the PCB and tacho's, a few more screws and then you have access to the lights.

EUR003act
02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Did you add those resistors yourself? Were they really necessary?

Someone should put bright Blue LED's in there, would look good in the 06/07 Models since the cluster has a lot of blue and white around the dials, opposed to the orange in the 03-05.

@Rein soldering is easy with a decent (expensive) soldering iron such as the professional Hako ones. Ive found that the cheap $15 soldering irons from DickSmith are 10x harder to use.

i wish i had the 06 dash :( i wanted blue and white!
possibly what the 06 with blue LEDs wold look like --->
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6264&d=1186049028
yeah i did the resistors, for some reason the oem lamps are 6v??? lol so i worked out (ohms law) using the LEDs i used which resistors i needed. they are essential both in dropping the voltage, and limiting the current running through the LEDs.

and your spot on there, cheap soldering irons are extremly hard to use! there heat fluctuates dramatically, and there tips are generally too big for SMD soldering. i used a goot 13w temperature controlled iron, only $40 from Jaycar Electronics. very fine tip, and perfect temperature for this kinda work :D

Rein
02-08-2007, 08:19 PM
is it easy to change the lights on dashboard??? because i really like the blue lighting on the 06 model

r-r-redEuro
02-08-2007, 08:23 PM
lol. EUR003act i think you need to drive up to sydney for one day and do it for me AHHA it looks to difficult and confusing. i can take you places and might make you not want to leave sydney again. =P

euro77
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
looks great! well done! basically you can put any colour you like, which is nice

EuroDude
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Blue looks freakin sweet, nice photochop :)

Imagine ultraviolet LED's :p they are expensive though..

LXRY
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Blue looks freakin sweet, nice photochop :)

Imagine ultraviolet LED's :p they are expensive though..

Ultraviolet, sounds nice love to see that colour....do you know how much they are and where you can get them?

EuroDude
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
^ yeah u can get UV LED's from here:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm

Not sure what size u need tho

LXRY
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM
^ yeah u can get UV LED's from here:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm

Not sure what size u need tho

Damn the UV pricey...ouch :eek:

EUR003act
03-08-2007, 03:42 AM
you can get adequate UV LEDs from Jaycar Electronics for arount $1 each... only problem being is they 5mm and to re-fit i used 3mm LEDs... i trialed the dash with ultra violet LEDs but it looked way to spaced out! it could be done, but would need abit of extra modding...

tron07
03-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Post the steps to remove the console.

I am interested to do some lighting at the footwell area for both the passenger and driver and at the coin tray area. Did that for my previous car.

tony1234
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I am interested to do some lighting at the footwell area for both the passenger and driver and at the coin tray area. Did that for my previous car.
I'm interested in this as well but not sure how to go about it.

Pumped
03-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Some sweet neons

tron07
03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Some sweet neons

Neons are way too bright... I use LEDs. Usually tap the power from the bulb area at the Ciggy tray. Need to measure and check the bulb voltage there first.

I put neons under the seat for my previous car, only switch on it if needed... its way too ricey if its on all the time.... :p

as001
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
man i hate soldering.. never good at it since high school...

did someone say soldering...thats gonna be a mad pain in the ass...

EuroDude
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
did someone say soldering...thats gonna be a mad pain in the ass...

Its easier than you think.

Just apply the soldering iron tip to the LED mount connection point on the PCB, heat the solder to liquid, and attach the new LED contact pin (make sure its the correct polarity + or -), add more solder if needed (just poke the soldering iron tip with the solder wire), let the solder cool to a solid.

http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/solder.htm
http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm

directedfx
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Oooh that does look good, im not a big fan of the dull green lights so i'll be sure to try that out. But im currently trying to figure out how to do the main drivers side door unit first. I've done the electric window switches on the other 3 doors with white leds and it looks very classy, but the problem with the drivers side module is that the output voltage for the leds are 1.9v (as opposed to 2.9v on the other switches). Problem is, the threshold voltage of all white leds are usually 3volts min. Has anyone been able to get around this problem?

Does anyone have a diagram with the pinouts for the plugs going into the main drivers side unit? I can do a DIY when i'm finished.

EUR003act
03-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Oooh that does look good, im not a big fan of the dull green lights so i'll be sure to try that out. But im currently trying to figure out how to do the main drivers side door unit first. I've done the electric window switches on the other 3 doors with white leds and it looks very classy, but the problem with the drivers side module is that the output voltage for the leds are 1.9v (as opposed to 2.9v on the other switches). Problem is, the threshold voltage of all white leds are usually 3volts min. Has anyone been able to get around this problem?

Does anyone have a diagram with the pinouts for the plugs going into the main drivers side unit? I can do a DIY when i'm finished.

i like your work... the last step in my lighting mod will be the window switches. you can get some LEDs that will run as low as 1.5v, ill get back to you on where to source them. im drawing up a diagram for the polarity and globe position in the main console, vsa, sunroof, seat heaters, window switches, door locking... hopefully have it complete by sunday night

***UPDATE*** DIY GUIDE HERE - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71765

EUR003act
06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
nice one. i wanna make all my lights red as well., like a BMW.

don't BMW have that gay orange colour?

Pumped
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Awesome write up :)

aaronng
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
EUR003act, add the formatting stuff from the thread below into your DIY and I'll move this into the DIY section. Nice work! :thumbsup:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5584

EUR003act
06-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Awesome write up :)

thanks, im nearly finished it! lol i think the diy is taking longer than the actual project :D

E-Gene
06-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Awesome dude. You deserve a rep point for all your hard work.

directedfx
06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh dude, you did it, you put white leds on the drivers side panel. From what i can see on the pic anyways. Did you just use normal led's? Maybe i was wrong when measuring the voltage. I measured it with the other 3 leds still on the pcb, must have added some load. But were the leds in yours surface mounted(like the other switches) or these bigger ones with a white surround that i've never ever seen before.

EUR003act
06-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah they were surface mount LEDs, and yes they were bigger than the other doors. about 2.5mm x 2mm from memory. i measured the voltage with all four LEDs still on the board (so the load was correct) i thin it was 2v... anyway, i just used white SMD LEDs, exact same ones i used on all the other doors, they work perfectly, even light dispersion, and same colour/brightness of all the other panels :D

goodluck doing yours!

terryansimon
07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
why oh why must I be an idiot when it comes to taking things apart and putting it back together. if not, I would have gone through the entire DIY and my car would be as sweeeeeet as yours!

good job!

directedfx
07-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah they were surface mount LEDs, and yes they were bigger than the other doors. about 2.5mm x 2mm from memory. i measured the voltage with all four LEDs still on the board (so the load was correct) i thin it was 2v... anyway, i just used white SMD LEDs, exact same ones i used on all the other doors, they work perfectly, even light dispersion, and same colour/brightness of all the other panels :D

goodluck doing yours!

Ahhh your using SMD's, i used 3mm white leds in the other 3 switches. I cant source any white SMD's otherwise i would have used them cos they shud operate on a lower voltage. Where did you get yours from, Jaycar no longer stocks them, they seem to be hard to find. And the ones from old nokia phones are way too small. Thanks for your help. :cool:

EUR003act
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Where did you get yours from

Jaycar :D i purchased a LED replacement light which uses white SMD leds (ZD0485)... 12 of them infact, so enough for stuff ups lol. cost $29.95... pretty good for 12 high brightness LEDs.

heres a link for you http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZD0485&CATID=&keywords=ZD0485&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

hope that helps buddy

EUR003act
07-08-2007, 10:18 PM
why oh why must I be an idiot when it comes to taking things apart and putting it back together. if not, I would have gone through the entire DIY and my car would be as sweeeeeet as yours!

good job!

thanks man. what did you break? im sure you can get replacements from honda, they'll just charge you a s*%# load!

directedfx
08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Your a lifesaver mate, its a bit of a waste that i only need 4 or 5 of them but i'm sure i can find some other uses for them around the car. When i've finished the interior lighting i'll take some photos and post them up. Might be a while cos i'm working on a few projects at the same time.

Whats your next project now?

EUR003act
09-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Your a lifesaver mate, its a bit of a waste that i only need 4 or 5 of them but i'm sure i can find some other uses for them around the car. When i've finished the interior lighting i'll take some photos and post them up. Might be a while cos i'm working on a few projects at the same time.

Whats your next project now?

sounds good to me, glad i could help! its good to see someone else taking the time to sexify their car custom style! lol

um im working on LED tail lights at the moment, just trying out a few different designs, i have a spare left side boot tail light, so im mucking around with that for now... how about yourself?

directedfx
14-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Hot dang' that wuld be awesome if you could whip up led tail lights.

Myself, just working on finishing the system running 2 amps, front/rear door speakers/splits with a 12" in the boot Its actually done, but i've gotta go back and add some new equipment to eliminate noise/engine whine and looking to build a custom flush wall boot enclosure/display.

Once thats finally done i'll be finishing off the interior led's, as per ur suggestions and then integrating a gps/bluetooth/mp3 player to run through the stock unit.

Finally, i'll be working on adding auto window roll up, and sunroof close, automatic headlight when driving(ie light sensor), perimeter lighting when locking/unlocking car and possibly a few other security add ons.

There is like 10 billion other things i wanna do, but i think i need to take it a step at a time. Waiting for some warmer weather though, hence the delays. Too damn cold to work on th car in this weather.

Keep us updated on the rear tail lights ;)

EUR003act
16-08-2007, 08:24 PM
will do... i nearly finished my boot install, just somthing simple, flush mounted amps in the boot, wanted to keep as much space as possible! i will get pics up as soon as ive finished.

and i like your ideas, very nice. damn the cold whether, exact same thing delaying my projects!

fraqqie
06-09-2007, 06:33 PM
that's so friggen awesome! for this you'll probably be immortalised in Ozhonda's Hall of Fame (if we have one which we should =p)

out of curiousity, do you think this would be a potential fix for the notorious centre console light out?

EUR003act
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
that's so friggen awesome! for this you'll probably be immortalised in Ozhonda's Hall of Fame (if we have one which we should =p)

out of curiousity, do you think this would be a potential fix for the notorious centre console light out?

thanks buddy,

and yeah it would be the fix, usual when a console light goes out its just a blown globe, in the case of the euro, its extremely difficult to change! so having LEDs (which have a life span of 100,000hours) should mean you never have dead console lighting again :D

b_hendarto
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi...

I am a newbie here and I like this post so much.
Thanks for the info EUROO3act. I have just saw your post last week and I have changed almost all my interior light to white and red quite similar to yours since then. It seems to be a little bit tricky when I started but actually is not that hard to do.

The only part that is not done yet is the audio/climate console which I will do on the Melbourne Cup day. I think this will be the hardest part to do.

The only thing that I found not correct is only the polarity of the light on the driver side window/door-lock control. I think the positive should be all on the left side of the SMD-Led.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

EUR003act
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
i'll check up on the positive thing today... i may have marked the diagrams backwards :S

biee2
27-04-2009, 11:15 PM
are the oem lamps realli 6v? can any one confirm this?

[QUOTE=EUR003act;1279816]i wish i had the 06 dash :( i wanted blue and white!
possibly what the 06 with blue LEDs wold look like --->
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6264&d=1186049028
yeah i did the resistors, for some reason the oem lamps are 6v???

Accord Basic
07-06-2009, 11:04 AM
HI I just don't understand how did you remove the seat heater button light. I need to replace it.
I took off the switch from the plastic trim. but when I look at the switch itself, I don't know how to get the bulb out.
Please advise Thanks

aaronng
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
The bulb unscrews out from the side. Look for a hole on the side of the switch unit.

Accord Basic
10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I look at the switch and it has 1 blue screw and 2 brown screw, I try to unscrew the blue, and only able to turn anti-clockwise 50 deg. is it just pull it out? it looks a bit tight to pull out. Arrong would you give me more instruction and details? I am worry break the switch cos I know it is expensive to replace a switch. Thanks

Accord Basic
12-06-2009, 01:12 AM
finally, i can take the bulb out, where can I get the bulb? repco or supercheap? or somewhere else?

Ken-f
15-06-2009, 10:24 PM
It was really hard to find the bulb. Honda wanted 10 bucks. I said no. ahaha.

I went to Jaycar got and LED and a resistor. costed like 3 bucks instead.

-[NoS]-
23-10-2011, 09:28 AM
im so gonna do this... summer project after exams... hahah... all blue for me!!!