PDA

View Full Version : Front Tower Strut Brace

Mike Star
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi there,
Would I obtain any obvious/noticeable benefit from fitting a front tower strut brace (like a Cusco) to a MY06 Euro that has not been lowered?
Thanks for your opinions in advance,
Cheers,
Mike :wave:

lam.666
02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
all it'll do is stiffen up the front, which in theory should help reduce flex

SiReal
02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
i personally think not. because the suspension is stock and soft, most of the cornering - be it hard or soft, will be absorbed by the shocks and springs, hence, less chassis flex.

if say, ur setup is very stiff, then more of the flexing would then be placed on the chassis, as ur sussy wouldnt be as accomodating. hard to explain but.

spoke to a guy who tunes subarus.. he said during normal , day to day driving, doesnt make much of a difference, but if high speed tight cornering, then it will make a difference.

then again, i'm an e-mechanic in this area, as i;ve never fitted one (bought, tried, didnt fit :(). But i do have aftermarket sussy and i can tell the car creaks alot more due to the chassis taking more of the cornering loads

tony1234
02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
i personally think not. because the suspension is stock and soft, most of the cornering - be it hard or soft, will be absorbed by the shocks and springs, hence, less chassis flex.

if say, ur setup is very stiff, then more of the flexing would then be placed on the chassis, as ur sussy wouldnt be as accomodating. hard to explain but.

spoke to a guy who tunes subarus.. he said during normal , day to day driving, doesnt make much of a difference, but if high speed tight cornering, then it will make a difference.

then again, i'm an e-mechanic in this area, as i;ve never fitted one (bought, tried, didnt fit :(). But i do have aftermarket sussy and i can tell the car creaks alot more due to the chassis taking more of the cornering loads
Hi Mike.As above^^^.i've got one(Cusco)but ive got Bilstein/Eibach setup,it does make a difference.If you're stock i wouldn't bother

yfin
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
it does help steering response on even stock euros. Very noticeable with quick changes in direction. But your first mod for suspension should be rear sway bar.

stephen8512
03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
it does help steering response on even stock euros. Very noticeable with quick changes in direction. But your first mod for suspension should be rear sway bar.

:thumbsup:

2nd this. Rear sway bar like a SWIFT sway bar or a whiteline flatout will give you a much more noticeable reduction in body flex. couple that with a cusco front strut, lower arm bar and eventually if u do decide to lower ur car, turning corners should be a breeze

EUR003act
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi there,
Would I obtain any obvious/noticeable benefit from fitting a front tower strut brace (like a Cusco) to a MY06 Euro that has not been lowered?
Thanks for your opinions in advance,
Cheers,
Mike :wave:

to be honest i didnt notice anything... maybe because of two things, stock suspension is soft, and two, the euro already has a front strut brace (that weird bendy black thing). i went for the aftermarket strut brace because of the bling factor :P

Mike Star
03-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks for your opinions guys I appreciate them. I must admit that I was also looking at the Bling Factor too but maybe the rear sway bar might be the better practical starting point and then do the front brace after that. Where are the best places to price and source the rear sway bars?
Cheers:thumbsup:

sodaz
04-08-2007, 09:24 AM
It does make a noticeable difference in steering and response (with or without suspension upgrades), but not as much as the lower tie bar imo.

aaronng
04-08-2007, 12:26 PM
On my car, didn't make much of a difference under normal driving. There is only a difference when you are cornering real hard. The lower arm bar had a bigger improvement. I could feel it the moment I put it on. The steering felt less dead in the middle, improving steering response. IMO, go for a rear sway bar and coils first. Those make the biggest difference.

EUR003act
04-08-2007, 11:32 PM
go for a rear sway bar and coils first. Those make the biggest difference.

i second that opinion :D