PDA

View Full Version : New Model The Tourer

SpeedBird
02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Have a look at this beauty.

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/Showroom/Accord+Euro/Limited+Edition+Tourer/

Another special model arrives on the market to enhance sales.

Cheers!

as001
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Euro sport model was better this model...
No way does the Sat Nav trumps:
Euro R body kit (foggies included)
Euro R 17 inch rims
Euro R seats and dash lights

NeoNode
02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Euro sport model was better this model...
No way does the Sat Nav trumps:
Euro R body kit (foggies included)
Euro R 17 inch rims
Euro R seats and dash lights
JDM Euro R has Recaros for seats...

EuroDude
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
repost ftw,

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70903

r-r-redEuro
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
hmm $1000 more for satnav, reverse sensors and foglights. good price i reckon but the sport edition i think has more value in money then the tourer.

tanalasta
02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Hmm... bastardise the luxury model again but take out the stuff people really want!

Add expensive accessories like Fogs / Rear parking sensors that really only cost several hundred dollars and then try to sell it as a 'tourer' with Sat-Nav.

I suppose would be cheaper to buy a TomTom on eBay, a mount, aftermarket rear parking sensors and a drive-away standard Euro for 33.5k.

I agree the sports model would be better. The touring doesn't even have the curtain airbags for safety that made the sport attractive. Nor those gorgeous half-leather seats.

What they should have done was have the bi-xenons +/- sunroof in the middle model.

as001
02-08-2007, 04:42 PM
JDM Euro R has Recaros for seats...

my bad i meant the jdm swade leather trim seats the sport got,
also the sport got gun metal grey chrome handles and black trim finish around the windows nice little touchs :)

tanalasta
02-08-2007, 04:43 PM
And is it just me or the flyer brochure looks like the Luxury model with the 17" wheels whereas the half-mix ... I meant the tourer only has the 16" on the spec sheet?

tony1234
02-08-2007, 05:30 PM
And is it just me or the flyer brochure looks like the Luxury model with the 17" wheels whereas the half-mix ... I meant the tourer only has the 16" on the spec sheet?
I'm sure you'll find it only has 16s.

panda[cRx]
02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
it's a standard with foggies, satnav and reversing sensors. for $1000 extra it's alot more than you would get paying for those items individually.

i'm pretty sure honda has a fair few standard euro's they want to get rid of, hence the 'tourer's arrival

blk05gli
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
quick question - (i have searched already :-)) - how hard/expensive is it to retro/future fit the sat nav system on a non sat nav car?

yfin
02-08-2007, 09:25 PM
quick question - (i have searched already :-)) - how hard/expensive is it to retro/future fit the sat nav system on a non sat nav car?

The factory sat nav? Would be a bitch to retro fit - just pulling out the entire dash is a big enough job.

as001
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Aftermarket sat nav would be the way to go plus u can take it with you when you eventually get rid of your car. Map updates are a sinch to do on aftermaket units plus a lot of pda mobiles are coming out with gps modules inbuilt into the phone so its all in one all u need it a phone holder in your car and your done,as for map updates for the Honda OEM one wouldnt have a clue what the process would be, I assume you would have to pay service dept to do it at a cost.

^__^ SM ^__^
03-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Aftermarket sat nav would be the way to go plus u can take it with you when you eventually get rid of your car. Map updates are a sinch to do on aftermaket units plus a lot of pda mobiles are coming out with gps modules inbuilt into the phone so its all in one all u need it a phone holder in your car and your done,as for map updates for the Honda OEM one wouldnt have a clue what the process would be, I assume you would have to pay service dept to do it at a cost.

Not sure what Honda's SatNav is like but the Mercedes one is on DVD (abeit old version of SatNav) so I imagine it would be as easy as changing the DVD.

Jaso
03-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Many people have said its not as good as the Limited/Sport...well its probably not, but then again, it isn't as expensive either.

albii
03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
i wouldn't want the ugly rear parking sensors...i can park thanks.

aaronng
03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Hmm... bastardise the luxury model again but take out the stuff people really want!

Add expensive accessories like Fogs / Rear parking sensors that really only cost several hundred dollars and then try to sell it as a 'tourer' with Sat-Nav.

I suppose would be cheaper to buy a TomTom on eBay, a mount, aftermarket rear parking sensors and a drive-away standard Euro for 33.5k.

I agree the sports model would be better. The touring doesn't even have the curtain airbags for safety that made the sport attractive. Nor those gorgeous half-leather seats.

What they should have done was have the bi-xenons +/- sunroof in the middle model.

It's not a bastardised Luxury model. It's a souped up base model. And the built in sat nav is still better than a Tomtom. It's only 1k over the base model. If you think it is poor value, then the base Euro must be very terrible value for money. :p

Guy in the US did it. Cost was about US$3000 if I remembered correctly. Labour would cost a lot (he did it himself)

No, the Euro's sat nav is run off the DVD. So you just need a new DVD map disc and put it into the DVD reader that is located inside the centre compartment.

The maps for the mobile and PDA sat nav software cost a lot ($400 or so for Destinator)

Mike Star
04-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi all,
I have an 06 Euro Luxury with Sat Nav and its a lot more responsive when recalculating etc than the aftermarket units like Tom Tom or NavMan etc. The upgrade is just based on a new DVD BUT the cost of a DVD upgrade until just recently was $680 to $700. I had complained to Honda a number of times about the ridiculous cost and obviously so had others because I got a letter from Honda about a month ago saying that they had agreed to subsidise the cost and that dealers now had stock and would provide the DVDs for about $450. That's still a pretty expensive DVD IMO!
Re the rear parking sensors I can park too but if they are correctly painted and fitted like mine were they aren't ugly as you can barely see them at all.
Cheers

bigdongers
04-08-2007, 07:20 PM
$1k more for sat nav, reverse sensors, and fogs is great value. Those individual items would cost (estimated)

sat nav - $3k
reverse sensors - $400
fog lights - $600
total - approx $4k

I would go this instead of the Sport because you can always add a body kit to this Tourer but you cant add Sat Nav to the Sport. For under 40k (less than the luxury) you can get Sat Nav + body kit + new rims. Awesome value.

r-r-redEuro
05-08-2007, 09:03 AM
lol, then you gotta think about the rims, black moulding, half leather seats and the other extras that the sport edition has.
i bought the sport so im going to be bias on this =) and btw its only $2G less than the sports edition so what would you think came in more value ?

lkt
05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Guys,
There are many highly positive opinions about the Sport model... for the life of me I cannot understand why in the world would anyone buy a Sport rather than adding a few 3 to 4 thousand extra (still under 10% value of the car) to get a Luxury model with a whole host of actually USEFUL and worhtwhile features like -
- FULL leather rather than half-leather seats
- ELECTRIC seats (both), plus HEATED
- Sunroof
- Automatic wipers
- XENON headlights (ok, maybe more due to the cool-ness factor than use) with washers
The cost of just a sunroof and leather on most other decent cars is around 3 grand!
So these people actually want to spend the 3-4 grand premium on the base model to get a oh-so-good:
- body kit
- 'darker' chrome
- HALF leather on seats
- 17" alloys
- side airbags (ok gotta agree with this one)
but all the others are 100% COSMETIC only things!!!????
Somone please enlighten me cos obviously I cant see the world thru these peoples' eyes!

aaronng
05-08-2007, 07:21 PM
lol, then you gotta think about the rims, black moulding, half leather seats and the other extras that the sport edition has.
i bought the sport so im going to be bias on this =) and btw its only $2G less than the sports edition so what would you think came in more value ?

If you spec a Sports with Sat nav (if it was possible), then the Sports would be $5k more than the tourer. Are the bodykit, rims, metal pedals, knob and half leather (well, only the front sides are leather. The rest are PVC) worth $5k?

r-r-redEuro
05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
the honda genuine rims are $3000+ alone =) i think thats enough said.
because i was going to get lux with the sports kit on it for $44G, but the rims i asked they said a good $3+.

350G
05-08-2007, 08:05 PM
because i was going to get lux with the sports kit on it for $44G, but the rims i asked they said a good $3+.

who care about the stock rims... if you really after a set, you can always check ebay for a nice set for $1k.

for me either base or luxury is the way to go until this Tourer. A build in gps is so much better as i start to get sick of putting my tomtom in/out whenever i get in/out the car. (My car was broken in with gos stolen before)

aaronng
05-08-2007, 08:16 PM

LOL, the rims are RRP $3000. But they are not worth $3000. You can get nice lightweight Volk Racing cast rims and tyres in 17" for that price. :)

Just like the s2k gearknob, Honda Australia wants RRP$179 for them. Buy it from Acura USA, and it's only an RRP of AU$55. Exact same thing.

r-r-redEuro
05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
yeah i know they arent worth $3000 but its the whole " honda geniune " thing that gives it the expense.

r-r-redEuro
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
ive beeen reading articles about heaps of cars and one of the cons about the euro was said that the satnav isnt worth its price and because its probably " honda geniune " its probably not even worth $5000.

jnancarrow
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Obviously, they came with the car, but I love the rims on my 07 Lux (9 spokes) but I sure wouldn't pay $3k for them!

aaronng
05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
ive beeen reading articles about heaps of cars and one of the cons about the euro was said that the satnav isnt worth its price and because its probably " honda geniune " its probably not even worth $5000.
Honda sat nav has an RRP of $3k. Not $5k :)

One good thing is that the Honda sat nav continues to track the road even when you lose all reception in a tunnel.

r-r-redEuro
05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
oh so its $3000 RRP, so it wouldnt even be worth $3000 if it could become an aftermarket item would it ?
anyways we were discussing about the difference in prices and values that each different car gives. IMHO opinion i do think the sports gives out more for its price.

terryansimon
05-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda sat nav has an RRP of $3k. Not $5k :)

One good thing is that the Honda sat nav continues to track the road even when you lose all reception in a tunnel.

my TomTom does that too! :p

terryansimon
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Guys,
There are many highly positive opinions about the Sport model... for the life of me I cannot understand why in the world would anyone buy a Sport rather than adding a few 3 to 4 thousand extra (still under 10% value of the car) to get a Luxury model with a whole host of actually USEFUL and worhtwhile features like -
- FULL leather rather than half-leather seats
- ELECTRIC seats (both), plus HEATED
- Sunroof
- Automatic wipers
- XENON headlights (ok, maybe more due to the cool-ness factor than use) with washers
The cost of just a sunroof and leather on most other decent cars is around 3 grand!
So these people actually want to spend the 3-4 grand premium on the base model to get a oh-so-good:
- body kit
- 'darker' chrome
- HALF leather on seats
- 17" alloys
- side airbags (ok gotta agree with this one)
but all the others are 100% COSMETIC only things!!!????
Somone please enlighten me cos obviously I cant see the world thru these peoples' eyes!

I actually got the Sport over the Luxury due to a few things.

a) I didn't see the point in paying for full leathers with heaters. sure, the heater thing comes in handy during winter, but that's one season out of four!
b) I didn't see the point with having automatic window wipers. more things attached to the windscreen = more expensive to replace in the event that something catastrophic occurred, me reckons. even if it doesn't, it's just a gimmick to me. I rather *and did so in the Megane with the same automatic wiper thingy* control the wiper via the stalk. I'm that pedantic, I know. :(
c) I didn't see the point in a sunroof. I always thought that while it made the car look sporty, I would much rather drive a REAL convertible than have a sunroof and "try to be one".
d) I kinda liked the electric seat options. until I was reminded of how fun a time I had adjusting my friend's BMW seats. I spent more time doing that, that by the time I did so, the engine had reached optimum running temperature. another gimmick to me.
e) most MOST importantly. I didn't have the few grand extra. if I did, my opinion may be different! hahaha :P

I got the Sport over the Base because it had two more air bags than the others. I know the cost/fit/instalment of air bags do not come cheap *about 1k if I'm not wrong. maybe I was being ripped when I had to repair the Civic*. it was only 3k more than the base, and I figured that for 1k an airbag, plus an extra 1k for the whole body moulding/kit.... yeah, why not? and besides, like a good friend of mine puts it, the sport looks different from the side and the front due to the different door trim/grill. that being said, I'm sure somebody can change the grill on his/her own... but it's harder to tell apart the difference between a Base and a Luxury at normal eye/street level. but that was his opinion, and mine was based on cost. no offence to people who didn't think like me, but it's my opinion. (=

aaronng
05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
my TomTom does that too! :p

What if there is a traffic jam in the tunnel (like in NSW's M5)? Does the TomTom know that you are stopped? ;)

EUR003act
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM

my $600 tom tom 710 does that... and the tom tom has bluetooth for handsfree phone calls, plus it has tom tom traffic (gives you traffic condition updates) tom tom buddy (allows you to track your friends) and the 910 model has 20GB hard drive for mp3s/picturs/movies... honda's GPS seems like a rip off. only benefit i see is being inbuilt in the dash, but this means u cant take it out when u wanna use yours mates car for the weekend :P

aaronng
05-08-2007, 09:47 PM
my $600 tom tom 710 does that... and the tom tom has bluetooth for handsfree phone calls, plus it has tom tom traffic (gives you traffic condition updates) tom tom buddy (allows you to track your friends) and the 910 model has 20GB hard drive for mp3s/picturs/movies... honda's GPS seems like a rip off. only benefit i see is being inbuilt in the dash, but this means u cant take it out when u wanna use yours mates car for the weekend :P

So how does it know that you are stopped if there is no satellite reception?

EUR003act
05-08-2007, 09:59 PM
it uses an average between the speed you were travelling and the speed limit of the road to judge where u are... unfortunately, if you stop it wouldnt know that :( i didnt think about that bit, im guessing hondas is linked to the speedo to know that ur stoped... clever :D

350G
05-08-2007, 10:26 PM

yeah and the theft may as well want to use it in their car too. I just feel so annoying as I need to mount it to the dash and turn it on or even charge it everytime u drive your car.

Pumped
06-08-2007, 10:06 AM
The commercial for this car makes me rofl

terryansimon
06-08-2007, 11:55 AM
What if there is a traffic jam in the tunnel (like in NSW's M5)? Does the TomTom know that you are stopped? ;)

never been unfortunate enough to be using the GPS whilst being stuck in a jam under a tunnel. so I don't know. :P

tanalasta
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
It's not a bastardised Luxury model. It's a souped up base model. And the built in sat nav is still better than a Tomtom. It's only 1k over the base model. If you think it is poor value, then the base Euro must be very terrible value for money. :p

Souped up base model is a different and also correct way of looking at it. i didn't think the sport model was poor value for money. You have to remember I actually drive one! Curtain airbags over the base model and the 17" alloys were what sold me.

I negotiated the parking sensors into the price for $300 - expensive but i find I miss them when i'm driving my friend's Euro. It's quite hard to judge the distance without them.

I prefer the half-leather seats to the full leather or full cloth. i get horrible static shocks from the full-cloth seats and there's something about the way the Sport cloth feels that's different. Perhaps it's just that I'm biased but i even prefer them over the slippery full-leather luxury trim.

I 'do' miss the Xenon's and sunroof. They would be the main reason I would consider the luxury model.

As for GPS - I use TomTom 6 (purchased from eBay) installed on a Dell Axim x51 and a GlobalSat BT-359 bluetooth GPS unit. Works an absolute charm... just deciding whether I can be bothered investing in a car mount for my PDA on eBay now... suggestions welcome :)

If I had to choose between the Euro again, i'd still consider the Sport model and luxury (probably buy the Sport again as it's cheaper). However, if i had to choose between the base/luxury/tourer, the tourer wouldn't be the top 2. Sat Nav / Parking sensors IMHO don't justify the increased cost as they're both significantly cheaper aftermarket.

aaronng
07-08-2007, 03:11 PM
^^ For some people, they think it is poor value to spend extra just for cosmetic parts, while the comfort and mechanical aspects are the same (except for the nice curtain airbags, of course).

Back in 2004 when I bought my Euro, it was either $34,000 for the base model or $42,000 for the Lux. Mechanically they were the same and I didn't care for the leather, sunroof and fake woodgrain, so I went for the base. (I use BT-338 with an x50v and Destinator). If I were buying my Euro now in 2007, I'd go for the tourer. Easy decision.

In 2006, when the Sport was released, everyone was happy because their Euro now looked like the EuroR. The choice was easier, with base, sporty or luxury. You just had to pick one based on what you wanted. But then when the sat nav option came out, people were complaining that such an important accessory (something that could make or break a potential sale) was only on the Lux. It was something that base owners wanted but didn't want to pay an extra $7000 for the Lux just to have the option of sat nav. That's why in my opinion, this tourer model is a good business idea for Honda Australia. When you look at the base model pricing, it is competing with other Jap-made entry sedans like the Camry, Mazda6 and 2.5L Liberty. For people who are not technically inclined, who couldn't care less what was i-VTEC, options like the sat nav option would be the what determined if they buy a Honda, Toyota, Mazda or to a lesser extent Subaru. So now there is a model that is a base Euro, but with the sat nav option for only $1000 extra. So for people who were shopping for a base Euro, the tourer is a good addition to Honda's lineup in order to attract them.

J-TODA
07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
^^ For some people, they think it is poor value to spend extra just for cosmetic parts, while the comfort and mechanical aspects are the same (except for the nice curtain airbags, of course).

Back in 2004 when I bought my Euro, it was either $34,000 for the base model or $42,000 for the Lux. Mechanically they were the same and I didn't care for the leather, sunroof and fake woodgrain, so I went for the base. (I use BT-338 with an x50v and Destinator). If I were buying my Euro now in 2007, I'd go for the tourer. Easy decision.

In 2006, when the Sport was released, everyone was happy because their Euro now looked like the EuroR. The choice was easier, with base, sporty or luxury. You just had to pick one based on what you wanted. But then when the sat nav option came out, people were complaining that such an important accessory (something that could make or break a potential sale) was only on the Lux. It was something that base owners wanted but didn't want to pay an extra $7000 for the Lux just to have the option of sat nav. That's why in my opinion, this tourer model is a good business idea for Honda Australia. When you look at the base model pricing, it is competing with other Jap-made entry sedans like the Camry, Mazda6 and 2.5L Liberty. For people who are not technically inclined, who couldn't care less what was i-VTEC, options like the sat nav option would be the what determined if they buy a Honda, Toyota, Mazda or to a lesser extent Subaru. So now there is a model that is a base Euro, but with the sat nav option for only $1000 extra. So for people who were shopping for a base Euro, the tourer is a good addition to Honda's lineup in order to attract them.

yes id also go for the tourer , however onli wished it came with a lip kit....i reckon that would seal my decision

EuroAccord13
07-08-2007, 06:29 PM
If they had the tourer in 2004, I'd be putting up the extra $1000 for it over the base model anytime!

yfin
07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
for only $1000 more I cant see how they will sell another standard. That is a bargain. Wonder whether it will leave more room for haggling on the base model.

aaronng
08-08-2007, 09:31 AM
for only $1000 more I cant see how they will sell another standard. That is a bargain. Wonder whether it will leave more room for haggling on the base model.

I am guessing the Tourer model won't get free onroads and the free 1 year comprehensive insurance.

blk05gli
14-08-2007, 09:42 PM
If they had the tourer in 2004, I'd be putting up the extra $1000 for it over the base model anytime!

here here