PDA

View Full Version : Buddyclub race header

george07
02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey guys does anyone here know how much the bcrh for the dc5 weighs?

m0nty ITR
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Just tried looking on the AU Buddy Club site. It just harps on about the #91 car and gives no specs on the headers. Be warned, Buddy Club are now manufactured in China and word round the traps is that TODA and Mugen make far superior headers.

Most people here will say the same.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/exhaust_manifold/exhaust_manifold.html <<< Here's the AU site. I'll investigate further for you.

DynoDave
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Just tried looking on the AU Buddy Club site. It just harps on about the #91 car and gives no specs on the headers. Be warned, Buddy Club are now manufactured in China and word round the traps is that TODA and Mugen make far superior headers.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/2007/exhaust_manifold/exhaust_manifold.html <<< Here's the AU site. I'll investigate further for you.
I would be very careful where you CLAIM anything is made these days,if you need info on any products ring the head office in Sydney and ask them,remember you are dealing directly with the factory and not just a importer/reseller with Buddyclub parts in Australia.
Regards Dyno Dave

EG5
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM

Get the fact right before you claim / say something.

bennjamin
03-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Exactly right.

Its poison to preach something that is entirely wrong or simplly your own opinion with no backup.

BTW does anyone have this info ?

m0nty ITR
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Sorry guys. Just the information that was passed onto me. The information was that Buddy Club had been sold and manufacturing was taken out of Japan for these headers. This info was passed onto me by a reseller who recommended TODA or Mugen then. So are you saying that the BC headers are sourced from Japan? I'd like to know for my own knowledge.

I take any info with a grain of salt, but does every opinion need to be fact? These are opinion boards after all. Not fact boards.

bennjamin
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry guys. Just the information that was passed onto me. The information was that Buddy Club had been sold and manufacturing was taken out of Japan for these headers. This info was passed onto me by a reseller who recommended TODA or Mugen then. He had nothing to gain from telling me this info.

I take any info with a grain of salt, but does every opinion need to be fact? These are opinion boards after all. Not fact boards.

Depends on exactly how you word it.
Others can read your "opinion" and take it for the truth or stretch the truth etc. That is why , if unsure - its best to keep your mouth shut up.

jooboo
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
My brother had buddy club cams on his DC2r and I can’t say anything good about them,
and after 3 months the buddy club headers cracked! buyer beware ! do your home work first.

ginganggooly
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
My brother had buddy club cams on his DC2r and I can’t say anything good about them,
and after 3 months the buddy club headers cracked! buyer beware ! do your home work first.

Who tuned the car, and what cams did they have?
Who installed the header?

Having seen the quality of the bc b-series headers in the flesh, i find it hard to believe they'd have cracked, unless an incorrect install or other similar issue caused the fracture.

Kawasaki
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Installed with a flexi pipe?

Buddy club headers are the shit! quality of the product is amazing esp for the price :thumbsup:

EG5
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Did you use any flexi pipe at all ? or donut gasket + flange set up to allow them to flex abit ? I had them on my b16a EG , no problem at all.
Header can cracked due to installation problems

barefootbonzai
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Buddy club headers are one of the best headers avaliable on the market. And this has been proven on dyno and on the track. Best part is, it's cheaper than some of the other big name brands.

bennjamin
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Guys , enough dissing or backing up Buddyclub. We all have our own experiences.

Anyone have info on

?????

XP02ED
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
hey the wieght on mine was 10kgs well 9. something to be exact.

and for as for BC headers i would recommend them i got mine of yonas and im happy with it! esp for the price i paid :D