PDA

View Full Version : audioooo soo confused.

CRXUAL
02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
hey guys..i jus bought a 94 crx..and need sum help with the audio..wht kind of set up would be gud in the car as it alredy has a sub...and speakers in the front but no speakers in the rear compartments...but i want more treble so yeh.....

the thing i dont get is the terms, coaxial speakers?? splits? help me out

where should coaxial speakers go and wher should the splits? thanks

m3ntAL_l2
02-08-2007, 10:00 PM
mmm maybe upgrade to splits at the front, and move the front speakers to the back??? or get 2/3 way speakers??? amp em up.
or just change the equalizer on ur head unit for more treble?

CRXUAL
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
i us bought the car and i want to get a new head deck with the ipod function cos the one i hav now is pretty oldddddd..and i think the guy who had it before left the stock speakers in there so yeh...wht u rekon about tweeters?

kid_dynamite
02-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Basically, most coaxials have tweeters built into the speaker assembly, where as in splits, you have one speaker to provide midbass, and the smaller tweeter separate (hence why it's called split).

Splits are generally more expensive as it allows you more flexibility, being able to mount the tweeter where it can best provide higher frequency sounds.

I'm not familiar with the exact speaker layout in your car, but you should be able to get by with the sub in the back, and a decent set of splits up front. Can probably avoid the need for rear speakers.

CRXUAL
02-08-2007, 10:19 PM
yeh sounds like a gud idea...i rather spend more on the front speakers and than split the cost and buy 2 pairs....thanks

IZY-10
03-08-2007, 12:06 AM
ok the cheapest quality setup you will be able to acheive would be to have 6 1/4 or 6 1/2 splits in the front, 6" components at the rear. Get a amplifier just for your speakers and only run treble and a little bit of mid range through your speakers. There should be very minimal movement on your speaker cones.

leemo
13-08-2007, 01:01 AM
ok the cheapest quality setup you will be able to acheive would be to have 6 1/4 or 6 1/2 splits in the front, 6" components at the rear. Get a amplifier just for your speakers and only run treble and a little bit of mid range through your speakers. There should be very minimal movement on your speaker cones.

yeah i would go with that setup

since you are going for more treble go with the 6 1/4 and the 6 inch coax at the rears

more bass then 6.5 and 6.5 rears or 6.5 and 6x9 rears

if you are on a budget then go pioneer

dont run anything of your deck as most deck have enouhg power to run speaker properly as they are only around

at most 50wrms max while most splits are around 60wrms continous mean u need atleast 60wrms running the apeaker at all times

most 4 or 2 channel amps under 2-300 dollars can do this also minimise the bass boost on the amp if it has one and turn the gain down

it also comes down to the music you listen too

Vinnie
13-08-2007, 01:18 AM
dont run anything of your deck as most deck have enouhg power to run speaker properly as they are only around

at most 50wrms max while most splits are around 60wrms continous mean u need atleast 60wrms running the apeaker at all times

what??? 60wrms is the rated continuous output of the speaker, not the amount of power u need to feed it to work...

yes, most head units only put out around 50wx4 max (around 18wrms) but that certainly doesent mean u cant use it to run speakers with higher rms ratings. it just means that u will not be giving them enough power to run them to full capacity...

as for the crx, ide recommend gettin sum decent splits up front and gettin a 2 channel amp to feed them sum good clean power. for the rear i would just move the front speakers there and run them off the h/u. u sit in the front so it makes the most sense to spent the money on better sound there :)

NightKids
13-08-2007, 03:25 AM
Vinnie is totally right. Rear coaxials run off the HU at the rear then the splits needs to be amped by 2 channel.

Then later on you get a monoblock amp to run the sub.

Limbo
13-08-2007, 03:08 PM
You can run splits for back and front if you like, Just tell the store what you are trying to do and they will get you speakers to match. You don't necessary need an amp if your only after more treble. I ran Rear 6x9 splits & 6' splits are front without an amp and it was fine in a hatch. I only ran an amp for my sub. So long as you don't run really high powered speakers you don't need to amp them, the deck will be enough.

If your in Syd try Desire for SOund in mt Pritchard. They will be able to work something for you.

xenonkuraz
13-08-2007, 05:56 PM
If you've got a sub already, just go 2-way speakers otherwise your sound won't be as crisp if you get 3-way to 5-way...but that's just imho.

HACRcivic
13-08-2007, 06:17 PM
i got a civic and your really dont need speakers in the back...too small, my setup soon will be 6''s in the front with tweeters and 2 12'' subs in the back.

CRXUAL
13-08-2007, 09:45 PM
thanks for the help guys.

i am upgrading my hu to a pioneer, and bought sum new splits..which i am goin to run off my amp..and den i am goin to move the speakers i have now to the rear compartments which will run off the hu..

i hav a 4 channel amp..and the guy who is installing it says that it will do the job so yeh :)