PDA

View Full Version : S2K Cruise Control

ludecrs
02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know if the OEM USDM Cruise Control will work with our cars?

Just a useless feature I'd to add. Don't want to waste $300 for nothing :p

Seller told me to pop off the airbag cover and see if there are any clips for where the airbag would ordinarily clip in.

Anyone have a picture of an AUDM steering wheel with the airbag cover off?

chicken8
05-08-2007, 02:17 PM
i've test driven a 2001 rio s2k a year ago that had the cruise control installed

so i would ASSUME that it could

sorry if this doesnt help

ludecrs
05-08-2007, 08:26 PM
hmmm, better still disconnect the battery, and rip off my airbag cover to make sure.... damn.

AusS2000
15-08-2007, 03:49 PM
The question is does the Aus S2000 have the same wire reel in the steering wheel as the US S. The wire reel is a curled up ribbon of wires that connect the steering wheel functions (horn, airbag and cruise) to the car and allow for the turning of the wheel.

Alternatively you can use an aftermarket unit that has an RF link for the steering wheel controls. That's what I have and it looks very factory.

ludecrs
15-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Seller said he would provide 6" worth of SRS reel wires, but also needed to know about these clips behind the airbag cover.

Haven't got around to taking it off yet.

drewgarth
24-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Seller said he would provide 6" worth of SRS reel wires, but also needed to know about these clips behind the airbag cover.

Haven't got around to taking it off yet.

Hi,
im just wondering if you ever managed to get that US cruise control to work?

If not, what cruise control unit did you settle on, are you happy with it, and where did you get it?
thanks in advance

cheers
Andrew

aznsiko
26-05-2008, 08:09 AM
seen it installed before but not sure how it works or ifit works..

ludecrs
26-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I didn't proceed with the purchase, so it was never installed.