PDA

View Full Version : EK4 air filter from K&N

coolson
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

I have been to the K&N website. But I just got confuse with which model of air filter is for my 1998 vtir EK4. Can some one please give me a hint?

Cheers!

Encor3
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
its a panel filter, you can go to autobarn\supercheap they can order it in for you.
if your afterone i can send you up mine, it jus needs a bit of a clean

Alpine
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM
No idea, but I was in the same boat as you with my Civic. The k&n website has a cross reference tool to show you which one is the correct equivalent for your car.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/cross_reference.aspx

Get the part number of your OEM filter (will be listed either on the filter itself or on the invoice of your car service) and enter this into the cross reference tool on the k&n website. It will then list the correct part number for your car. This is how I found mine. Good luck.

coolson
03-08-2007, 10:34 AM
that's totally confusing me. as the website has only got US model. if anyone could give me a model number that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Alpine
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
that's totally confusing me. as the website has only got US model. if anyone could give me a model number that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean? It's not rocket science. You pick "Honda" from Manufacturers drop down box...then pick the part number of your OEM filter from the drop down list. The site then tells you the correct cross references K&N filter. :rolleyes:

coolson
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
What do you mean? It's not rocket science. You pick "Honda" from Manufacturers drop down box...then pick the part number of your OEM filter from the drop down list. The site then tells you the correct cross references K&N filter. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the confusion. as i don't service my car at HONDA and that' was a 2nd car. and I think the previous own has fitted a after market filter into it. Plus the car doesn't come with a owner manual. that's why i try to find out from here.

Cheers!

Alpine
03-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Well then, RING a Honda dealer and ask them for the part number of the OEM filter for your model of car. Then cross reference it on the website. Simple.

A couple of readers on this forum work at dealerships...perhaps they could also provide you with the part number online.

coolson
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Found the answer!

just for future reference:

Honda OEM air filter:17220P2J003
K&N air filter: 33-2104

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2104