PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Electromagentic or Conventional Parking Sensors

Eurtopia
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi All, I'm quite new with this forum. Just bought myself a Euro Lux last week.

I'm currently in looking for a reverse parking sensor for my Euro, as you all know it has one of the worst rear view. Anyways I would like some advise and would also like to know if anyone has used the Electromagnetic reverse sensors before?

I've seen this on ebay for $70.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REVERSE-PARKING-SENSORS-NO-DRILING-NO-POSTAGE_W0QQitemZ250149403034QQihZ015QQcategoryZ31 250QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.chainstar.biz/images/product/Elect.jpg

http://www.chainstar.biz/images/product/EPS.jpg

But there are some pro's and con's for them that I could think of.

PROs
No drilling holes
No need to repaint sensor
No ugly looking LCD display

CONs
No distance display

Well what do you guys/gals recommend? The conventional ones or this one?

I don't really want to start drilling holes in my car or have an ugly looking LCD display.

Could someone also post some photos of what their LCD display looks like and where they place it in their EURO?

I only want to spend under $100 for reverse sensors. Advices plss. Cheers

Kiz_EG6
03-08-2007, 01:13 PM
hey man, i know you say you don't wanna spend the money, but if you want my opinion, if the rear vision is that bad out of ur car, i would go a full reverse camera setup.

As you say, you don't want an ugly LCD screen, so you would be best off with one of the ones which replaces ur rear view miorror!

You can get kits which are wireless, meaning again, you won't have to go drilling in, just find a nice hiding spot for the camera! :)

BiLL|z0r
03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
I've got no experience with this product but it sounds awesome. Never knew such a device existed.

NeoNode
03-08-2007, 05:11 PM
As you say, you don't want an ugly LCD screen, so you would be best off with one of the ones which replaces ur rear view miorror!
The Euro Lux does have an Auto-Dimming rear view mirror though, i'm not sure people are willing to give up that feature.

Eclipsor
03-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I was going to say. What if you're backing into a brick wall. Look at the attention section. It's not going to work very well unless there is some metal in whatever you're backing up to. Which I guess is a lot of things. Still. Something else to consider.

aaronng
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Says in that ebay page that it doesn't work well when you are backing up against stone or dry wood..... That rules it out for me.

Eurtopia
03-08-2007, 06:33 PM
I was going to say. What if you're backing into a brick wall. Look at the attention section. It's not going to work very well unless there is some metal in whatever you're backing up to. Which I guess is a lot of things. Still. Something else to consider.

Says in that ebay page that it doesn't work well when you are backing up against stone or dry wood..... That rules it out for me.

Yeah..you guys are right..it's not too good when reversing into a tree :o

Oh well..guess i have to get the conventional one and drill those holes. Not too sure if I should then get the 4 or 6 sensor ones.

Could someone post some pics of their LCD display, cost of unit and how much?