PDA

View Full Version : Ignition difficulties

Vinnie
03-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Went to start my car today only to have it die on me almost instantly. After I couldnt get it goin called out the RACQ who found that the car does run but only if u hold the key in position as letting go of it immediately kills the engine. None of the warning lights come on either and i was told this is all an ignition related fault (possibly also to do with the ecu?).

Anyway my question is, now that its jus sitting at the garage (and wont be worked on till next week :(), what exactly is the faulty component and how much does it cost to get it repaired? Just wanna arm my self with a bit of background knowledge so i dont go to pick up my car only to get surprised with a huge bill or sumthin. thanx :)

ECU-MAN
03-08-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32333

Vinnie
03-08-2007, 11:03 PM
thanks mate at least i know what im dealing with now :) doesent look too complicated but i have a very poor record with all things electrical and the fact that its at the garage atm prob means theyre gonna do it. cant see it costing more than $200 tho which is good i guess...

ECU-MAN
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
yeah, time wise should only take 30 min to change. but I think the switch is about $120

Vinnie
06-08-2007, 05:12 PM
well about $170 later ($90 switch, $80 workmanship) ive got my car back :) my advice: if u have this happen to u and know wat ur doin, follow ecu-man's diy ;)