PDA

View Full Version : 07 Civic Prices Auto VTi Drive-Away

drunkntigr
04-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Buying a car today or next Saturday:

Offers:
26K and lower drive away including stamp duty.

Tints
Mats
Paint Protection
Rear sensor
Full tank of fuel
Exhaust Pipe Finisher

Melbourne Dealers

Anybody got a better offer?

Borg
04-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I know the auto VTi-L can be knocked down to around $28.5K to $29K with all of those goodies, but not sure about the lower spec'd Vti.

Where did you go? Do they have any in stock or would you have to wait - if so how long did they tell you?

drunkntigr
05-08-2007, 01:27 AM
I got it down to AUTO VTi 25.2K with:

Mats
Tints
AccessoryChrome exhaust
Rear sensor
Paint protection
Full tank of fuel
Accessory LED lights

Drive away ordered and done.

Things I forgot to ask:
Alarm

and alloys, but not such a biggie as for the price I'm assuming they would charge I could just buy aftermarket.

Do you reckon I should go enquire about the alarm system, is it even needed?

2 month wait for Sparkling Grey, 3 month wait for Black (ouch, but I found the black to be too plain black)

drunkntigr
05-08-2007, 01:35 AM
I'd also like to add that whilst visiting the Honda dealers in Melbourne, I found Ferntree Gully Honda to be the only rude dealer, practically hanging up on the phone and the man was very inpatient absolute rubbish and I'll be forwarding a complaint to Honda.
I might also like to add that the dealer that was the most courteous on the phone and also one of the largest dealers has received my deposit.

SirG
05-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm from Melbourne,

Don't have the auto though, got the black manual vti, normally auto is 2k more.

I paid 25.5K driveaway, however i got the modulo full bodykit (front/rear/side/wing) plus foglights.

Brighton is where i got it, they seemed okay, it will depend on the sales person too. But what i did was i showed interest in Essendon and Brighton and played them against each other. probably helped a little.

My mate went to the one on corner or dandenong rd and ferntree gully road, they didn't budge much at all. So it depends, best thing to do is to drive around and talk to each of them ;).

I'd also like to add that whilst visiting the Honda dealers in Melbourne, I found Ferntree Gully Honda to be the only rude dealer, practically hanging up on the phone and the man was very inpatient absolute rubbish and I'll be forwarding a complaint to Honda.
I might also like to add that the dealer that was the most courteous on the phone and also one of the largest dealers has received my deposit.

EZZY
05-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Mats
Tints
AccessoryChrome exhaust
Rear sensor
Paint protection
Full tank of fuel
Accessory LED lights

Things I forgot to ask:
Alarm

and alloys, but not such a biggie as for the price I'm assuming they would charge I could just buy aftermarket.

2 month wait for Sparkling Grey, 3 month wait for Black (ouch, but I found the black to be too plain black)

thats a pretty good price i think.
got my auto VTi 15 months ago for 25k drive away with

Mats
Tints
Full tank of fuel &
alarm

the blue-sliver was a 6 weeks wait.

drunkntigr
05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Has anyone actually ever gotten the paint protection? I've seen it in the works on my friends cars and it really does live up to what they say, lovely carcinogenic teflon lol.

Does anybody know how much the Honda dealers should charge for the alarm? I forgot to add that in.

And I've also forgot about the alloy wheels (doh), anybody know what's the cheapest price I can get these in for?

EZZY
05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Does anybody know how much the Honda dealers should charge for the alarm? I forgot to add that in.
from memory, it was about $695 supplied and installed and that was after the "discount" they had at the time. it is only a mid-range genuine honda alarm.

kobyyu
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM

Mats
Tints
AccessoryChrome exhaust
Rear sensor
Paint protection
Full tank of fuel
Accessory LED lights

Things I forgot to ask:
Alarm

Which dealer did you go for?

markCivicVti
16-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey , I'd like to get y'all's opinion on this.

Is this a good deal:

-Rear parking sensors
-Chrome exhaust pipe finisher
-Interior Trim Set
-Accent Lighting
-Bass works system
-Metallic paint

Honda civic Vti auto driveaway at 26.9k?

Thoughts? Is it good/bad?

Thanks

drunkntigr
16-08-2007, 10:07 PM
-Rear parking sensors
-Chrome exhaust pipe finisher
-Interior Trim Set
-Accent Lighting
-Bass works system
-Metallic paint

Well if you see my above post, I got everything you have, but no interior trim and the bass works.

I would think you could get it down to the same price as mine, as I got paint protection, which I assume would be equivalent in price to the interior trim and the bass works?

Work it down to 25K?

It can be done no doubt, just depends on timing.

markCivicVti
16-08-2007, 10:34 PM
The interior trim set is just over 400 and the bass works is just under 800.

I think if I could have been bothered I could have gotten a better deal. But considering the RRP driveaway of the car is 26.7k (with metallic paint), I think atleast I got some valuable things chucked in for free. Then again statistics are apparently only %7 of people pay RRP for cars.

Out of interest, is there a cooling off period for signing a new car contract?

UNLS1
18-08-2007, 09:11 AM
No! only for used cars.

markCivicVti
18-08-2007, 09:15 AM
^^^ Thats a pitty. Oh well.

I think they should have a 3 bus. day cooling off period.

LXRY
18-08-2007, 08:29 PM
If your thinking of buying civic DON"T go to New World Honda in Berwick try Frankston dealership.

Butso
25-09-2007, 03:11 PM
07 Silver Auto VTI

Tints, Mats, Chrome Exhaust, Slimline Weather Shields, Full tank of petrol, Premium Plates

clearwater
27-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Yes what is the usual waiting timne to get the Civic i was told 2-3 months and next shipment in Nov then Some more in Dec.
With them selling 1600+ civics a month you would think they would bring more in.

markCivicVti
27-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Depends on what color you want... I ordered my black civic over a month ago.. and it isn't coming in till Nov. If your not fussed about colour there prolly are a couple in the dealership.

akina
28-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Not sure about other places but in Sydney, 2 days ago went into a dealership with gf to pick up her civic sport there were a few civics in stock. Including black.
I guess u have to be lucky :confused:

markCivicVti
28-09-2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah.. the dealership where I'm buying mine has a black one 'in' stock... but more of a demo model. I was sort of hoping for a Nov delivery anyway... as motivation for me to save more so the laon is smaller. But in hindsight 3 months is a freakin long time to wait for a car that you're so excited about.

akina
28-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Well when the Golf GTI came out, when they had the special promotion (ages ago) it was around 6 month wait.

Consider your civic lucky :p

O yea my gf civic sport was in white and had to only wait about 2.5 weeks only.

Joele
02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't think I got as good a deal, not good at buying cars I guess..

- Auto VTi Sedan Metalic Paint
- Carpets
- 16" VTi-L Alloy Wheels and Tyres
- Pollen Filter
- Full tank

$26,500 drive away

I rang aftermarket to order the rear spoiler was quoted $699, told them I didn't want it. I then rang the parts department in the same dealership and got the spoiler for $575 installed..

I purchased mid August. They told me delivery by mid November when I called 2 weeks ago, I said I would cancel and they called me back and said they could give me one just about to leave on the Oct shipment. So my car arrives 15 Oct, just add a week for dealer delivery (fitting spoiler etc).

I have also ordered the original Honda leather steering wheel wrap from America.. US$57

akina
02-10-2007, 07:11 PM
lol
Don't look back on it. Its a great car and I'm sure u will enjoy it ;)
Look on the bright side of things. 26.5k isn't too bad.

JaCe
03-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I have also ordered the original Honda leather steering wheel wrap from America.. US$57

Interesting... Show us when you got it. I admit I'm quite happy with the stock steering wheel. It's perfect size/shape/texture for me.

dmx
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Interesting... Show us when you got it. I admit I'm quite happy with the stock steering wheel. It's perfect size/shape/texture for me.

he said wrap, so i dont' think will change the size/shape. texture might be.

Joele
03-10-2007, 04:18 PM
he said wrap, so i dont' think will change the size/shape. texture might be.

This is the part. I guess it will increase the grip size slightly but not a great deal.. Mainly feel/texture and look.

http://honda.autowebaccessories.com/store/honda-civic-steering-wheel-cover-prod24_14596.php

I believe the US coupe one is the one that fits the Australian Sedan.

Borg
03-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Hmmm interesting. When I ordered my VTi-L I asked about getting a leather steering wheel but was told it wasn't an option. In hindsight I don't mind the urethane steering wheel, as it is not the hard, rough urethane that is found on some cheaper cars.

As usually it looks like like American cousins have options available that we can only dream about (or order from the US).

Borg
03-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't think I got as good a deal, not good at buying cars I guess..

- Auto VTi Sedan Metalic Paint
- Carpets
- 16" VTi-L Alloy Wheels and Tyres
- Pollen Filter
- Full tank

$26,500 drive away

I rang aftermarket to order the rear spoiler was quoted $699, told them I didn't want it. I then rang the parts department in the same dealership and got the spoiler for $575 installed..

I purchased mid August. They told me delivery by mid November when I called 2 weeks ago, I said I would cancel and they called me back and said they could give me one just about to leave on the Oct shipment. So my car arrives 15 Oct, just add a week for dealer delivery (fitting spoiler etc).

When you ordered the car in August did the dealer give you an exact delivery date, or just an estimate?

When I bought mine the salesman told me I should have it within a month but wrote a delivery date on the contract 2 months from the sale. When I queried the date he said it was standard because they were so popular that they couldn't guarantee an earlier delivery, but not to worry as that was a "worst case scenario".

However when I finally received my car it just happened to be on the date written on the contract. In fact telling me I may get it earlier was just a sales ploy. :thumbdwn:

PS: I liked receiving the Honda survey - I got to tell them all about the poor service at one of their dealers.

Joele
03-10-2007, 05:35 PM
When you ordered the car in August did the dealer give you an exact delivery date, or just an estimate?

When I bought mine the salesman told me I should have it within a month but wrote a delivery date on the contract 2 months from the sale. When I queried the date he said it was standard because they were so popular that they couldn't guarantee an earlier delivery, but not to worry as that was a "worst case scenario".

They didn't write a date on the contract at all, stupid me didn't check that. He did say two months, and when I confirmed the date and was told 3 months I held them to 2 or I would cancel, hence it became 2 again.. He also said could be earlier than 2, but I didn't believe him :thumbdwn:

Apparently VTI-L and Sport are 2 months standard
And the VTI is 3 months..
(if ordered and not local available stock)

PS: I liked receiving the Honda survey - I got to tell them all about the poor service at one of their dealers.

I will too, as they were suddenly quite rude IMO once they got me signed on the dotted line.

Joele
03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Hmmm interesting. When I ordered my VTi-L I asked about getting a leather steering wheel but was told it wasn't an option. In hindsight I don't mind the urethane steering wheel, as it is not the hard, rough urethane that is found on some cheaper cars.

As usually it looks like like American cousins have options available that we can only dream about (or order from the US).

Yes I referred the Parts guy to the actual Honda part in the US and he said I would have to get someone in the US to send it over, as it isn't available in Australia. So I got a friend to order it for me as none of the places I could find agreed to ship to Australia..

denot
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
They didn't write a date on the contract at all, stupid me didn't check that. He did say two months, and when I confirmed the date and was told 3 months I held them to 2 or I would cancel, hence it became 2 again.. He also said could be earlier than 2, but I didn't believe him :thumbdwn:

Apparently VTI-L and Sport are 2 months standard
And the VTI is 3 months..
(if ordered and not local available stock)

I will too, as they were suddenly quite rude IMO once they got me signed on the dotted line.

Well I've got different story here I believe... the dealer said it will take about 1-2 months for my car to arrive, and it actually come after 3 days!!! :eek: even before I agree with the car loan, the dealer rang me and say "congratulations, your car is here" but I havent even sign anything :confused::confused:

Joele
04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Well I've got different story here I believe... the dealer said it will take about 1-2 months for my car to arrive, and it actually come after 3 days!!! :eek: even before I agree with the car loan, the dealer rang me and say "congratulations, your car is here" but I havent even sign anything :confused::confused:

Maybe they had a cancellation or something like that in the same specs and colour?? very lucky :thumbsup:

denot
04-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Maybe they had a cancellation or something like that in the same specs and colour?? very lucky :thumbsup:

yeah I think that is the reason they gave me as well... someone else's car loan being rejected or sumthin... anyway... its mine for a year now! :p (and still stock as rock!!!! :( )