PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

NightKids
05-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey guys, tried to search but of no success for my particular application.

Basically I'm getting my own headers, hi-flow cat & i got a twin loop muffler. Just wanna put everything together now.

Just wondering what exhaust I get because I can't get a cat back as that's missing the pipe from the header to the cat. And if I wanna go 2.25inch all the way does that mean everything such as my header collector, cat, etc. all have to be 2.25inch? Thanks!

blk_shadow
05-08-2007, 01:35 AM
its better to do 2.25 inch all the way.
just depends for the cat, whether you wanna get the hi-flow or not.

NightKids
05-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah i am getting a high flow one. Prob a magnaflow, but the question is I don't know what other exhaust bits to get because I am supplying my own header, cat & muffler. Like what piping do I need & where do i get it from?

blk_shadow
05-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah i am getting a high flow one. Prob a magnaflow, but the question is I don't know what other exhaust bits to get because I am supplying my own header, cat & muffler. Like what piping do I need & where do i get it from?

you will need a b-pipe gasket (pipe before the cat), gasket for the headers (if it doesn't come with it), and if your headers you got now is a branded one, then you might ask whether they have the b-pipe and the tail pipe to go along with the headers, cat and the muffler.

but if its a custom, its easier to get it custom made as well. :thumbsup:

NightKids
05-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Ahh finally a good answer! +1 rep point

So it'll be like impossible to buy this off eBay then? I'll have to go to a exhaust place & fabricate it yeah?

Any ideas how much this would cost to get done at an exhaust place?

blk_shadow
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
yeah its better not to buy from ebay. ;)

not too sure how much,
depending on the workshop and the craftmanship, but they usually not too expensive if only for the piping, depends on the material and the welding as well. sometimes buying it out there off the shelf can be more pricey.

NightKids
05-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah cause I think maybe from buying on eBay not sure if it fits well anyway.

Got any recommendations of a good exhaust place that can get this done for a good price?

blk_shadow
05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
are you in Melbourne?

NightKids
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah i'm in Melb!

blk_shadow
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I'll ask my mates, I'll let u know:)

NightKids
05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
OK no probs, I've heard of a place in Ringwood but dunno if they're any good. Some people on ozhonda have recommended them

m3ntAL_l2
06-08-2007, 12:24 AM
daalder exhausts in box hill 98904444 is pretty good.
or if u want cheap ones just goto mr.muffler ~$300 for custom made cat back

NightKids
06-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah i heard about daalders, some people say they're good, some say they're not. I'll give them a ring & get a quote anyway. I'm not really after a cheap & crappy exhaust, something a bit of quality since i'm spending a bit on the hi flow cat & header anyway...