PDA

View Full Version : Car Items: where to get 'em?

Globby
05-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Holla peeps..i've been thinking of lowering my car and gettin some nice new rims but where do i start?information to things like where do i get the items would be a good kick start (example like a catalog or something)!and not forgetting the prices and etc...any good recommendations?Cheers mates! :thumbsup:

SirG
05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Kmart tyre and Auto would be a good place to START AT! lol as to where NOT TO GO! seriously, check out the threads in the civic section, very helpful, PM message people that are in your area and have put threads up about the topics that interest you , i.e wheels etc. :thumbsup:

Holla peeps..i've been thinking of lowering my car and gettin some nice new rims but where do i start?information to things like where do i get the items would be a good kick start (example like a catalog or something)!and not forgetting the prices and etc...any good recommendations?Cheers mates! :thumbsup:

m0nty ITR
05-08-2007, 09:50 AM
What styles you thinking? Every man and his dog sells cheap chrome and nasty immitation wheels. The top stuff like Work, Rays etc are a little trickier and obviously more expensive. It's the same with suspension.

Ry_
06-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Where I started was www.tempetyres.com.au, then, www.ozzytyres.com.au. Reasonable selection of well-priced wheels and tyres. I wasn't looking for rare or expensive racing spec wheels, so that was enough for me.

www.tirerack.com came in pretty handy as well- in the catalog you can actually view what the wheels/tyres (I used this as a rough guide- they didn't have the Arospeed RSGT rims I was after, so used other 5 spoker black wheels with a polished lip to give me an idea) sort of look like on the car.

After that, it pretty much was ringing Ozzytyres, got a price on the wheels, tyres, new springs, then booked a day to go in and have it done.

I was originally looking at a few of the Kspeed rims cos they were pretty good looking, but after listening to what a few people here said, I realised that the rims, which had a great price on them (i.e. 1200 with rubber, fitted) were pretty heavy. So I started looking for a better quality, lighter wheel within my budget, and for a few hundred more, I got them, and upgraded the tyres too.

Here's what I ended up with:
http://byry.com.au/images/IMG_7497s.jpg
Ozzyracing/Arospeed RS-GT 17/7, Toyo Proxes 4 205/40/17 (mid range, medium/soft rubber- next one up, the Toyo T1R, would have been twice the price and it was a softer tyre, better performance wise, but I was trying to spend a bit smarter)

Whole process could have been two days- phone call, they order the wheels from interstate, I could have it installed the next day- ended up going early on the weekend to do it, and it was around 1 and a half hours (to 2 hours), including fitting springs, alignment etc. Sat around reading lots of magazines lol. :)

Pretty happy with the way things happened, smooth, no hiccups. Only thing is remember to ask them for the tool (usually an adapter for your wrench) which you may need to undo the lug nuts. While the nuts are usually male, the ones on my wheels turned out to be female, and I had to ask them to post out the tool (which they said they forgot to give me on the day). And supercheap didn't have it, neither did some big hardware place near it..

Hope that helps!