PDA

View Full Version : My car shakes!!?

05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
When i start my car up this morning felt the car start to shakes.
exhaust tone changes like a WRX sound. so i let it warm up first but it doesnt change any thing.

it rumbles on the low rpm bellow 3000 rpm and start to loosen up and sound normal 3000 rpm up.

the shakes are not so bad as loosing a spark on a cylinder.

i tried to change to new spark plugs, it doesnt help
check all the ignition system. all wired up and connected properly.
Coolant level are fine
oil are fine no sign of any coolant leaking.
no white smokes when the engine warm
Engine mounts are fine

It did have some back fires when driving but, its normal according to me as my car is turboed and running rich. and the car only ran 0.7 bar of boost.

and 1 thing that i notice was. when the engine was cold an i start the car. seems the oil filler hole and the dipstick blowing white smoke quiet violently :( ( oh thats when i took off the oil cap and the dipstick)

any idea? what happen to the engine?
the 1 im thinking is its loosing a compression on 1 of the cylinder or the valves are screwed on the head.

thanks in advance :)

Edgeauto
05-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Bets bet would be to do a compression and leak down test to see whats going on.

SHIFTY
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
is this sound coming from ur exhaust ?

mine does it sometimes, check ur exhaust mounts...

also double check ur engine mounts :P if it is shaking the car!

jdm_kid
05-08-2007, 09:13 PM
yes u r correct. 1 of the cylinders isn't functionally properly. ppl take out one of the spark leads so that 3 cylinders are working which would create that WRX sound. u said u tried to change the spark plugs ... did u change that leads as well ?

b18c_crx
05-08-2007, 09:20 PM
yeah that happen to me in my civic after i change the plugs, i couldnt find out what the prob was then just decided to change leads and the prob was solved. maybe give that a try

06-08-2007, 12:41 AM
thnks guys, yeah im going to change the spark leads to the OEM tomorrow morning see how it goes,

coz i have my nology pro wire at the moment. and my car always have a ignition problem since the car was turboed.

tiksie
06-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Trial and error.

Check the leads, plugs and injectors.

Your problem would be one of them.