PDA

View Full Version : speaker set up?

smodave23
06-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi there i have a 95 EG sedan, i currently have two 6"splits in the front doors and 6x9's in the rear doors, i have made a fibreglass parcel shelf with spots for 4 6" speakers.

I am not too sure how to set up the back 4?
Should i use 4 Mid range ?
Should i use 2 mid range and 2 6" splits?
Should i ust 4 6" splits?

I really want a bit of bass up there, should i just leave out the splits and go for 4 mid range?

any help on this small thing would be appreciated:)

mugeneration
06-08-2007, 11:44 PM
use option B, 2 mid range and 2 6" splits. if you want bass, get a sub. No regular speaker can properly substitute the bass of a sub.

ICACHA
07-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi there i have a 95 EG sedan, i currently have two 6"splits in the front doors and 6x9's in the rear doors, i have made a fibreglass parcel shelf with spots for 4 6" speakers.

I am not too sure how to set up the back 4?
Should i use 4 Mid range ?
Should i use 2 mid range and 2 6" splits?
Should i ust 4 6" splits?

I really want a bit of bass up there, should i just leave out the splits and go for 4 mid range?

any help on this small thing would be appreciated:)

you sound like a car manufacturer... 14 speaker system :confused:

we listen in stereo, stereo means left and right and we tend to add a sub for lows as smaller speakers cant play low very well. the more speakers you put in the more people see how many times you have stuffed up trying to get it right, hense the car manufacturer comment :p

arverson
07-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Should i use 4 Mid range ? but then youd have no mid-bass or treble, up back.

Should i use 2 mid range and 2 6" splits? best option here. IMO 2 splits is enuff, unless u want this to be a showcar or somethin

Should i ust 4 6" splits? one word: OVERKILL. especially for rears

smodave23
08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
thanks guys for your help i appreciate it alot.

Is there any brand name out there that would best suit this setup?
I need an amp aswell.

thanks dave

honda_zivic
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
look at mb quart, morel, or kicker, what brand are the speakers u got??

arverson
09-08-2007, 01:53 PM
theres no 'best' brand.. just wateva fits, avaliable to u, sounds best to u & fits the budget.

dunno what your budget is for rears alone but IMO id (even tho we're just talkin bout rear speakers) rather have 1 pair of awesome splits than 4 cheapass ones - or in your case 2 cheap splits + 2 cheap mid-ranges.

unless your budget for rears is over a couple thousand id stick to 1 pair of splits for your rears, unless your wanting alotta of drivers upback purely for 'wank factor'.

kraiye
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
just put 2 splits and a small sub. why do you near 4?