PDA

View Full Version : one side of car lower than the other

Encor3
07-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Last night i noticed that the driver side of the car sat lower about 1-2 cm's lower than the passenger side of the car
so the first thing i did today was check the tyre pressure.

Pressure on all tyres were all a bit low, so pumped them all up. to 240 at the front tyres and 230 at the back tyres.

But the car is still slanted downwards towards the driverside

Is there anything i can check, i've cleared out the car so its nothing inside that would make it sit 1-2cms lower.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I can only really tell the difference when looking from behind

Sydsyd
07-08-2007, 02:27 PM
u have height adjustable coilovers? if u do, check that...

if u have stock sussy, might want to get ur shocks n springs checked out...

Encor3
07-08-2007, 02:28 PM
yea i have stock sussy.
thanks for the quick reply rep point for you =).

Since i have stock sussy
anyone know anywhere i can get it checked, a reputable place for suspension?

Sydsyd
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
maybe try suspension city? Provost Street North Melb, tel (03) 9329 5133...

i had mine checked @ trutrack in north melb...they do sussies for race cars...i think i paid $66 to check all the sussy and chassis...www.trutrack.com.au or call 9326 5392 or 9326 5475 and ask for Ralph;)

hope that helps!:D

aaronng
07-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Go and check another stock car to see if it is also 1cm lower on the driver's side. For all stock Accord Euros, it's 1cm lower on the front right corner to compensate for the driver's weight (corner balanced). So it might be similar for your car.

Encor3
07-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Go and check another stock car to see if it is also 1cm lower on the driver's side. For all stock Accord Euros, it's 1cm lower on the front right corner to compensate for the driver's weight (corner balanced). So it might be similar for your car.

thats the thing, i have picture from a couple months back and it was square , now car on the same piece of driveway its slanted :(

aaronng
07-08-2007, 03:18 PM
thats the thing, i have picture from a couple months back and it was square , now car on the same piece of driveway its slanted :(

Is your driveway slanted?

Encor3
07-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Is your driveway slanted?
my driveway is slanted but i was parked in garage which is flat. But i just drove out to flat car park (camberwell safeway) and checked there. and it was still slanting to driver side.

measuring up it varies from 1.5 - 2.5 cm's differnce from one side to the other

aaronng
07-08-2007, 03:26 PM
my driveway is slanted but i was parked in garage which is flat. But i just drove out to flat car park (camberwell safeway) and checked there. and it was still slanting to driver side.

measuring up it varies from 1.5 - 2.5 cm's differnce from one side to the other

Ok, then check another stock car of the same model to confirm if it is normal, and then pay to get it checked if it isn't. :)

destrukshn
07-08-2007, 03:28 PM
your springs could be saggin, or your shocks could also be blown, which cause a slight problem aye
lol.

aaronng
07-08-2007, 03:34 PM
When the car is stopped stopped, blown shocks don't contribute to different corner heights though...

Encor3
07-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Ok, then check another stock car of the same model to confirm if it is normal, and then pay to get it checked if it isn't. :)

yep thats my plan now
thanks heaps aaronng:D