PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed!! Austral Honda (QLD) Parts Dept - the EK bodykit saga inches along

Ry_
07-08-2007, 03:20 PM
In a related earlier thread here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71780

I was making the decision to purchase a front and rear lip for my EK hatch. Finally decided to go the easy way and pay a bit extra for OEM.

Quoted me around 600+ and I thought well two pieces of plastic, despite including shipping, that's really pricy- , but at least I know it'll fit.

Bit the bullet and gave my card number, and it arrived today, so I went to collect it. Got there, waited for a while, finally warehouse guy brings front and rear lip, front in plastic wrapping, rear in box, wrapped in foam with hardware. Front lip had no bolts, nuts, anything. Warehouse guy says I've got to go out back, get you your other item. I figured it was nuts and bolts.. he came back with a large box.. wtf.

Turns out it was sideskirts! I told him I didn't place an order for sideskirts, he said speak to Phil, who placed the order. Phil came out, and I told him I didn't order sideskirts, he said 'what we agreed to on the phone, very *explicitly* (he said this word a lot of times. Must have only recently discovered how to use it and was overrevving), was that you wanted the front lip, rear lip, and sideskirts.'

Now, really, why would I order stock sideskirts from Honda when my car already has stock sideskirts on it? He kept on going on about how he couldn't send it back because it was a 'special order item' and I was trying to explain I didn't agree to buy it! He was saying I ordered it on the phone and I was telling him I most certainly didn't.

Anyway, I also mentioned the lack of hardware for the front lip, which should have come in a box with all the parts (like the rear lip, like the sideskirts even). Not loose and on its own. I asked if he could go check, he stepped out of the door, glared at me like I'd insulted his mother and muttered "this is ridiculous. People ordering things and saying they never ordered them".

So he came back, said there was nothing else that came with it, maybe I have to go to some hardware store or something (now I have no choice do I?).

Now, that's not even the end of it. Asked to open the sideskirt box to see what was inside. I expected primed, unpainted sideskirts, like the invoice said. I figured worst case scenario, I flog it off at a loss here or on ebay. The sideskirts that came out were *metallic blue*. I drive a black EK. And didn't even order this d*mn sh*t in the first place! He said, well, maybe that's all they've got, so they shipped it. And I thought, well, if I *had* ordered it and did want to use them, I'd have to sandblast off the metallic blue, prime it, and paint it too?

And you should have seen the look on this *ssh*le's face as he was trying to get rid of me.

Asked for the manager, he wasn't there, but jeez he would have got an earful if he was. It wasn't a lack of customer service, more like the most outwardly rude, self-righteous and condescending service anyone could get.

Eventually, I managed to get the money credited back, the front and rear lip came up to around $400 (more realistic than the $600 I thought I was in for thanks to his nonsense), albeit at a loss with the hardware. Anyone with tips on what hardware I need to install the front lip, please let me know, thanks.

On the bright side, karma worked in my favour. I work in a TAFE, and just so happens a colleague knew who to contact in spraypainting. Spoke to him about painting the lips, and he said no worries, bring them down tomorrow, and he'll fix me up within the week. No charge too. I reckon I'll send some beer down his way for the effort.

So yeah. Sorry about the rant! Just needed to vent.

ekhybrid
07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
should of thrown the side skirts at his doodle

destrukshn
07-08-2007, 03:26 PM
lol
lol.
it happens.
our workplace.
if the customer said, he didn't order it, he didn't order it.
lol.
we'll just return it.
i can't be bothered arguing with customers so i just agree
unless i know they are absolutly out of they're mind.
lol.

kn1ghtm4r3
07-08-2007, 04:23 PM
should of thrown the side skirts at his doodle

ahahah yeah yeah :thumbsup:

xenonkuraz
07-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Double whammy.

aimre
07-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Dude, all u need is some nuts and bolts and some washers. Grand total of about $6

misteR_bilzz
07-08-2007, 06:06 PM
i dont think hes worried bout 6bucks i think hes more worried he paid $600 for a good and service got unwanted goods and shit service.. lol

Ry_
07-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Still, the nuts bolts and washers advice is pretty reassuring, thanks! Went to Bunnings and even got myself an electric drill and bits too. This Saturday's going to be heaps fun.

But yeah. Unwanted goods and sh*t service pretty much sums it up. Managed to get my refund for the unwanted goods, albeit with much resistance.

Spent $50 at Bunnings on misc stuff too, but I guess that's the cost of an easy weekend anyway :)

And as for that sh*thead at Austral Parts.. Hopefully he keeps it up cos then maybe his boss will flush him.

Alpine
07-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Typical Austral for you.

When I ordered my genuine front lip from jdmconcept, all the nuts & bolts, etc, even the installation booklet, was included.

Ry_
07-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah rub it in lol :p

Hey was your lip for an EK too? It'll probably be pretty straight forward but I was wondering about the placement of the 11 bolts..

Alpine
07-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah rub it in lol :p

Hey was your lip for an EK too? It'll probably be pretty straight forward but I was wondering about the placement of the 11 bolts..

Well yeah, a Coupe actually, but same difference. I had to get mine painted too - the panel shop fitted it for me as part of the job for no extra cost.

Is this what your front lip looks like?

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/331/civic382mediumxz5.jpg

Ry_
07-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow.. I'm not really into coupes, but I'm liking yours heaps. The wheels look perfect for it too. Nice work.

Yeah, the lip I bought is identical to that one.

Alpine
08-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks dude, I really like these lips too. It is subtle yet remains stunning. Not overly done like some other styles of lips you see around.

And yes the front lip looks relatively straightforward to fit on from what I could see. The bloke at the panel shop had it on within 5 mins. He made it look so easy...just put it in place (the lip fits on tight and snug enough without any nuts in place) and he simply put all the bolts and nuts on. It's like he's done a million of them before, hahaha.