PDA

View Full Version : Pod ?

cda96
20-07-2004, 07:00 PM
hey all (did search no help), so...
chucked on a pod the other day to c how it would run to c if
i should buy one, was a pretty good K&N pod, neways installed it no probs with
all usual piping, took it 4 a spin didnt notice a single thing, i didnt expect ne
power gains but didnt make ne noise at all like it does on other cars (eg CRX)
I have had other pple with accords say the same thing and some say they do get
alot of noise, so whats the deal are pods ne good 4 accords or wat??
thanxx..

Calvo
20-07-2004, 07:28 PM
wat model accord do u have? it could be a non-vtec model, hence no crazy induction noise.

cda96
20-07-2004, 07:37 PM
lol definately [acronym:281f2e7ac5="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:281f2e7ac5] 96 accord VTI :lol:

Calvo
20-07-2004, 08:20 PM
meh i dunno then.
i even noticed a difference when i chucked a K&N Panel into my stocko airbox. but its much louder with CAI and pod.

Dominik
20-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Yeah, ditto... once the pod was on it started getting an awesome snarling noise at full throttle (esp when [acronym:4357ec5086="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:4357ec5086] kicks in). Its actually almost high pitched. Did you put one of the Chrome cold air intakes in? Maybe thats killing the noise? I used stock piping, just removed the airbox and put the pod on.

poid
20-07-2004, 08:48 PM
the chrome intake shouldnt kill the noise at all, it should be pretty loud

cda96
20-07-2004, 08:59 PM
nar no chromy
just removed airbox and basic piping, one earthed and one connecting the
actual pod to the stock system.
hmm ill giv it another shot one day try a diff pod see wat happens
thanx guys

h22a accord
21-07-2004, 07:38 AM
the stock accord induction system is a shit fight. you have only whacked a pod onto the stock piping where the air box normally joins you still have 2 air intake resonators, one of the resonators is fairly large which also connects to an air bypass valve the other is large too lol. This would be keeping the noise down.

If u want the noise, remove everything, may as well, take out the massive air box in the front bar under where the stock air box fits aswell. then fit a proper short ram or CAI kit.

Dont forget to reset your ecu after doing any mods to your car. the easiest way to do this is by pulling the radio back up fuse for 30 secs. This fuse is located in the main fuse box in the engine bay. After you have reset it, start the car and take it for a drive.

My stock vti accord had very loud intake noise with a CAI, then when i swapped to h22a the noise wasnt half as much. maybe cos i was using accord intake on prelude motor, i dunno, i do know that when i took off the accord CAI and put the stock prelude intake on the motor has more torque and is punchier etc etc.

I have heard that AEM will be manufacturing a CAI for accord hybrid h22a's if they get enuff demand. My names on the list. 8)

i have a complete simota cold air induction kit to suit 5th gen accord lying around doing nothing. Who wants it? make me an offer. its polished aluminium with yellow fittings, all clamps and pod filter.

vtecinaccord
21-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi I personally don’t recommend any cheap intake kits as I have just removed my simota Sort ram intake and installed a AEM V2....;) .. This intake does a great job it actually creates power as AEM claim, the simota lost me power it was just crap... save up and spend the money on something good... but if you just want noise then the simota will certainly make a hell of a racket. Guarantied, my accord has the loudest induction in my town..........lol. If you wanna here cheap intakes in action go to my website below and download the vid on the main page........

cda96
21-07-2004, 01:54 PM
yer prob be best to get proper CAI, only prob is insurance is a bitch on mods
are CAI easily interchangable with stock set up???

vtecinaccord
21-07-2004, 02:16 PM
yeah they are easy as to swap over only thing which is a prob is the big ass resonator in the front bar but if you only swap over the top half no one would know if you had the resonator in or not.....

cda96
19-08-2004, 08:20 PM
ne1 know where i can get a short ram kit for my K&N pod in MELBOURNE
5th gen cord.

dundas
19-08-2004, 08:38 PM
go to umm cyber century in springvale---2B WIndsor Ave.i think their number is (03) 95475111 or their other shop (much smaller) 65 Irving Street Footscray.
i got my intake from them which was pretty cheap. I have been told that it has made a difference not only in noise but in some more power too.

nice stainless steel intake piping made just for the accord --- should be around 120 or so. just make sure you buy a good air filter...

or you can just go with the easy way yet very affective but doenst look as sexi.. the k&n panel filter.

Dundas