PDA

View Full Version : spring rates

datzlr
08-08-2007, 11:18 PM
hey guys im wanting to get coilovers for my car but unsure what spring rates should i get anyone got experience ?

ludecrs
08-08-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61545

justinfox
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM
I had so many different types of coilovers and I did have TODA FIGHTEX on my DC2R. Damn seriously the best coilovers I've had on any car to date, firm but they're amazingly great at soaking up bumps in day to day street driving too. The only downfall is the price (an arm and a leg, contact Adrian for pricing and get ready to hold onto something).

I've just put in some Buddy club N+ on my S2K. Spring rates are softer than the Racing Spec Damper (8kg instead of 10kg) but my car is primarily a daily driver this time around, and not a track weapon. Having said that I always take my cars to the track :)

The Buddy clubs have adjustable shock bodies and you can also adjust preload which you can't do with Tein RA for example (a lot more expensiove too), with the Teain RA you can just adjust height, but at the cost of travel.

Buddy club also offer a 2 year replacement warranty, you break it they replace it (instead of you waiting for them to fix it).

I took the car out to Eastern Creek last week (Circuit Club day) and spun out straight away, 2nd lap 1st session. Previous owner had Falken Ziex tyres on the car, worse tyres ever. I came into the pits and softened the rear - max soft and didn't spin out again all day. It's taken me a few days but I've finally found a damper setting I am very happy with on the N+. I have it almost full stiff on the front and a little softer on the rear. It soaks up bumps just fine but it's still very aggressive, slightly more so than the stock set-up which wasn't too bad at all, (stiff but it did have body roll perhaps more due to height).

Initially I had the car slammed, it's been raised up now so that there's about a 1.5 finger gap between the tyre and arch (was a no finger gap before lol). Good to know that I can choose to slamm it super low, or have it as high as stock, stiff as a rock or softer than stock. I'm happy, but at the same time I am also curious as to how much better the Racing Spec Damper would have been for the xtra few hundred dollars.

datzlr
16-08-2007, 10:21 PM
why buddy club tho ?

EG5
16-08-2007, 11:06 PM
why buddy club tho ?

As Justinfox said , bang for bucks for what u get :thumbsup:

We are running buddyclub racing spec damper on our EGK20A now.

[ricer]
17-08-2007, 12:12 AM
if i was to choose a set of coilovers now it would have to be buddy clubs

a friend of mine has the n+ on his wrx... got it installed at some random place and it was making a wierd noise...
spoke to buddy club and they fixed it all up just to prove that their products are fault free..
the issue was with incorrect installation

my friend went on for hours about how good the buddyclub service was

sugz
24-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Justin, your link to Buddy Club under your signature is wrong, it leads me to JDMST lol

datzlr
21-02-2008, 11:20 PM
can buddy club coilovers be lowered lower the tein ones ?

WhiteAP1
22-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Tiens can go pretty damn low, any lower and you wont be able to turn even on standard 16's

vyets
22-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Spring rates matter, but also the dampers matter as well.
I had D2 suspension on my old car and they were really rough and spring rates were 8kF 5kR.
Now on the s2000 I got Tein RS and the springrates are 12kF 12kR and they are alot more comftable then my old car, could be because s2000 is slightly heavier too. But the coils are extremely comfortable, when I put the Tanks and the shock on softest setting the car is more soft then stock suspension, Of corse I stiffened them up abit. It's a slightly rough ride but absorbs bumps nicley. Amazing quality I'm not normally a fan of Tein suspension but.

BC N+ I agree has to be bang for buck, only heard good reviews about them, but I have never experienced them I don't know anyone personally with BC N+. I have been in a car with BC RSD however, and they are fantastic as well!

aznsiko
22-02-2008, 10:35 AM
hmmm interesting.. from what ive read our cars standard spring rate are 6 and 7.. can anybody clarify this?? and what doyou guys think of TEIN MONOFLEXs? i know FLY running them but he said they are quite aggressive im after a smooth ride maybe a bit more rough from standard when i lower it.. what do you guys recommend??

teamkillerpe
10-03-2008, 08:33 PM
my 2c worth...
i think u have to match ur springs with the absorbers...
for instance.. the aragosta's spring rates are like... 20k...
but apparently they are very comfortable on road (according to the ppl at s2ki) and good on track... but... i haven't tried it myself... wish i can afford it...
I tried the spoon F8k R10k abit bouncy on road, but nice on track.
Now on JIC F8 R10 also abit bouncy on road... to be taken down to wakefield in early april.

So... the people at buddyclub is nice?? I've a friend working @ the sydney AAI motors... I may just tease him abit!

-parkes-
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I thought the JIC FLT-FAS were F12 and R10 spring rates?

teamkillerpe
13-03-2008, 09:45 PM
eerr... I m pretty sure its printed on the box that I received.... F8 R10....

vyets
14-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Most companies will allow you to pick your own spring rates.

teamkillerpe
17-03-2008, 12:36 AM
The TAR comes with F12 R10.