PDA

View Full Version : Sub-categories

Steer^Gimic
09-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Just an idea, what if O/H follow a similar layout to Honda-Tech in regards to the model section with sub categories?

Lately, when i jump into the Civic/CRX section, there is alot of topics of FN2, New CTR etc..then stuck in amongst all those threads is something like 'Problem with EK startup (example only)

Under the Civic/CRX Section, what if we had sub-categories for;
EF/ED/CRX
EG/EK
EP/FN/New Civics

By now, surely there are enough users with models to fill all these sub categories.

Sure as hell would make it alot more easier to browse, reducing stupid comments such as 'do a search' & 'this has been posted before'. It does make it hard to sift through when there such a diversity in topic discussion. Also will have the benefit of people paying more attention to specific topics when its dedicated to one specific model.

just an idea...

bennjamin
09-08-2007, 09:58 AM
In the past we have expanded upon on such level for the Accord section ( Euro vs the rest) because these models are vastly different , and that there is a larger following etc. Problem is this issue dosent exist for other models ( civic vs crx etc)

There is the same problems over and over again for sure , but now most is just pushed into the noob section if its covered.

Any other thoughts peoples out there?

Steer^Gimic
09-08-2007, 10:45 AM
yeh your right, but now, there is a larger span of models from 1988-2007.

surely there are vast differences and COMPLETELY different followings in a 19year gap of the same model car!

so really, its the same as your Accord vs Euro argument.

Take this current moment into consideration. At the moment, here are a good mix of topics in the Civic/CRX Category, on page 1!

"is 60000 import the mugen civic RR too expensive? "

"EK mugen front grille! "

" Cloudy Head Lights"

"CRX JR Supercharger ED9 "

Surely thats enough vastness for you, and thats only the topic titles!

bennjamin
09-08-2007, 10:47 AM
True true. There is a larger influx of CTR only threads popping up.

Lets wait for a few more opinions and see where this takes us.

bennjamin
09-08-2007, 11:13 AM
If there is to be a new thread , it will be 06+ civics (IE the new civic + CTR)

Q_ball
09-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to implement this change,
Makes browsing through it all, esp for new users, a lot easier now that there are so many different model Civics.

Also for the Events section, im also gettin a lot of ppl PM'n about wanting the events section categorised into individual state forums.
I dont mind going through it all so long as admin doesnt mind creating it.

Steer^Gimic
09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
good to see you guys taking it on board.

bennjamin, if you where to do anything, id have three categories.
-EF/ED/CRX
-EG/EK/EM/Delsol
-EP/FN/06+ (incl. CTR)

Three categories would suffice without causing too much confusion or un-necessary sub-cat's.

OR you could have the above, with the exemption to Type R's. that way, you could have ONE category for all things type R (Creating a cleaner forum for Integra owners too!)

We all know that all Type R's are substantially different to normal models. Giving them one section to discuss specific R topics would also be something to consider.

bennjamin
09-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Just a reminder , this thread will only be relevant to a new section in the CIVIC forum , for new model civics (FN1/FN2 / CTR).

Majority of civic threads are relevant to ODB1/OBD2 engines (92-00) , which are mostly the same issues though out.

Dxs
09-08-2007, 11:46 AM
well shouldnt all the talk about ECU's and Engine related queries go into the 'Technical' forum?

Technical (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17) (6 Viewing)
Engines, brakes, ECUs, tuning.

And stuff like, "do ED axles work with EF's" etc go into a generation specific subsection?

but anyway, i dont really care :p

bennjamin
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
its all thoughts so dont " not care" :)

AT the moment , anything relative to a specific model goes in the specific forum. Any ECU talk that is about a specific model goes into that model forum too.

But for any techincal question that isnt about a particular model (IE only about a type or ECU , or injector type etc) goes in the technical thread.

Anything else that has been covered much before or is plain common sense gets moved to the noob forum.

Zdster
09-08-2007, 11:51 AM
-EF/ED/CRX
-EG/EK/EM/Delsol
-EP/FN/06+ (incl. CTR)

I agree with this model :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. There shouldnt be to much extra work for the mods, plus it will stop people asking the same questions over and over due to lack of searching.

Q_ball
09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
^ I agree with that as well!

+1 over here.

Steer^Gimic
13-08-2007, 11:28 AM
well, whats the verdict?

panda[cRx]
13-08-2007, 03:05 PM
do it!

krogoth
13-08-2007, 03:54 PM
good to see you guys taking it on board.

bennjamin, if you where to do anything, id have three categories.
-EF/ED/CRX
-EG/EK/EM/Delsol
-EP/FN/06+ (incl. CTR)

Three categories would suffice without causing too much confusion or un-necessary sub-cat's.

OR you could have the above, with the exemption to Type R's. that way, you could have ONE category for all things type R (Creating a cleaner forum for Integra owners too!)

We all know that all Type R's are substantially different to normal models. Giving them one section to discuss specific R topics would also be something to consider.

BLASPHEMY

wers the ES civic?? 01-05?

lol

Q_ball
13-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Mods are still discussing this one pplz.

Zdster
14-08-2007, 10:47 AM
;1293725']do it!

:inserts the Ben Stiller Starsky and Hutch 'do it' jpeg if he could find it:

Steer^Gimic
10-09-2007, 02:02 PM
some long ass discussing going on...
view the page 1 of the CIVIC/CRX section now...

Q_ball
10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Guys, keep in mind that the mods/admin do have lives outside of Ozhonda and that no one gets paid to do anything.

When wynode or bennjamin have the time, they will make these changes.
Its a relatively time consuming thing to do!
Please be patient.

bennjamin
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
As above - busy times these are , remember this website is run by people with normal lives so we do what we can :) Hang in there guys there is a few things to do !

Muzz
10-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Think its a great and much needed idea, the civic crx forum cover WAY to many models.

I agree with Steer^Gimic, that the catagories need to be split in 3 sections.

-EF/ED/CRX
-EG/EK/EM/Delsol
-EP/FN/06+ (incl. CTR)

Basically just pre 1992 models, 1992-2000 models, and 2000 onward models, or somthing along thoes lines.

Nikki
11-09-2007, 12:16 AM
As above - busy times these are , remember this website is run by people with normal lives so we do what we can :) Hang in there guys there is a few things to do !

you mean...your real people?.. :eek:

dc2dc2dc2
11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Yes just like ChanOP in mIRC days.

dc2vtir
11-09-2007, 12:46 AM
agree with steer^gimic my reasons are pretty much the same as everything that has already been said..

Zdster
11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes just like ChanOP in mIRC days.

Lies!

Steer^Gimic
14-11-2007, 10:03 AM
What happened to this proposal? Still thinking about it are we?

Never mind, like most ideas and proposals in this section of the forum, it has fallen of deaf ears.

Guess i'll just keep sifting through 'EG Springs fit EK4?' & 'We just may get the JDM CTR in Australia.'

You lot are absolute bollocks.

panda[cRx]
14-11-2007, 11:47 AM
need i remind you that attacks on other members isnt allowed on the forum.

yes, and u just called him a 2yo sook :confused:
if you dont want someone to respond then don't provoke them.

and it's fair enough for him to ask the question without being called a sook. the last thread reply was over 2 months ago. we have had no updates or results from the mod team.

bennjamin
14-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Relax Steer^Gimic (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=3199) and Q_ball.

"We" as moderators have had other priorities with this website IE modding , and the big boss that instates the actual change has a full time job so its alittle hard sometimes with some things. Hang in there guys ! IT will happen soon.

Steer^Gimic
14-11-2007, 12:09 PM
That's fine bennjammin. A little update to show that you guys are still considering it instead of leaving this thread go to die is all you have to do.

Understand that you guys have better stuff to do then run this site.

*bennjamin edit no need :)*

bennjamin
14-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Steer^Gimic (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=3199) , the actual current status of this and others to do , is in a "to do list" in the mod section. We simply bump it up , like you are and add any thoughts and hopefully Wynode gets around to it. Hang in there.

wynode
17-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Hoping to catchup on all the overdue work tomorrow......so hang in there ppl.

wynode
18-11-2007, 11:01 AM
sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone.......but we're just deciding on how to categorise things........looking at possibly two sub-categories atm.

wynode
22-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Almost there.......just deciding on the forum name and description. There will be two (2) forums......one for Pre 2000 models and one for post 2000 models. We didn't want to split it up anymore than that because then it gets confusing.

Dxs
24-11-2007, 11:56 AM
sounds dumb to have a pre2k and post2k sections

should group them by similar generations

bennjamin
24-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Why is it dumb ?

All EK and below share majority same engine/mounts/wiring/tech etc.
ED/EF/EG/EK
All latter are a newer generation and share similar parts.

Instead of criticizing how about you suggest what a title/s could be.

Steer^Gimic
28-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Cool, some progress :)
IMO i probably still would have sectioned into model category e.g:
EF/ED/CRX
EG/EJ/DELSOL/EK
DC2/DC5

or whatever may be the case. BUT i still think dividing the categories into basically new and old is still ok because that's where the main confusion was. Having more specific sub-categories results in members paying more attention to specific types. Members paying more attention results in more accurate and relevant info IMO.

But glad it's gotten somewhere :)

wynode
28-11-2007, 09:03 PM
ONly splitting the Civic forum.....not the Integra forum :)

This has to be done while the forum is offline and unfortunately I can't turn it off during the times I'm generally at home (ie evenings during peak times). I'll be away this weekend too so that doesn't help things). But yeah..just a matter of me getting it done.

Steer^Gimic
29-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeh i knew you where only splitting the civic forum, was just giving an example. But i still think it would be much better off to split into chassis instead of just new and old.

Jump on H-T and see how specific some of their topics are :)

EG5
29-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Cool, some progress :)
IMO i probably still would have sectioned into model category e.g:
EF/ED/CRX
EG/EJ/DELSOL/EK
DC2/DC5

Just like honda-tech.com

krogoth
29-11-2007, 05:00 PM
i think i need to point something out

steer gimic, u are not unique or gifted in coming up with this idea.....

im sure wyn and the others prob thought about doing this 4 years ago wen the forum started.......

they just didnt do it...most likely because it meant more work for the mods, which have lives apart from moderating these forums, so just be a little more patient and understanding

Steer^Gimic
29-11-2007, 05:21 PM
i think i need to point something out

steer gimic, u are not unique or gifted in coming up with this idea.....

im sure wyn and the others prob thought about doing this 4 years ago wen the forum started.......

they just didnt do it...most likely because it meant more work for the mods, which have lives apart from moderating these forums, so just be a little more patient and understanding

There is always one isn't there...

Unique or gifted? No sh!t, that's probably why i referred to Honda-tech to virtually copy there idea. When and where did i state that it hasn't been done before or i was the first to come up with it?

Secondly, if they had thought of it 4 ago, it wouldn't have been as necessary back then. It's necessary now because of the influx and new members and new model civics.

Have you read all 4 pages of this thread, or just page 1? If you where able to take notice of any dates, i started this thread almost 4 months ago, so please, don't talk to me about patience, i'm merely giving my input and trying to help. I understand that this isn't a mods full-time job, but if they decide to do it, then do it properly. Is that difficult to understand?

Go piss in another thread, i'm trying to suggest something postive for this forum.

krogoth
29-11-2007, 06:58 PM
lol, look at u all angry

no need to get all hyped up

and yes i have read all 4 pages of the thread, i was subscribed to this lonnggg ago

and if u look back, i even suggested including a my civic, which was left out

u missed the whole point of my post, im saying, the mods have other things to do besides sit on this forum and instantly do everything ppl ask, im just telling every1 not to have a hissy fit and be patient

i also want this change......but i understand it will take a long time

wynode
29-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Now now settle down guys. It's going to happen just be patient. Nothing is perfect and the site evolves as it and its member base grows. Sometimes even mods need things pointed out to them so they can sort it out. Please be patient while I have some spare time to get this done.

markCivicVti
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Might as well put my name down for it. There's obviousely alot more FD related threads than there were before. I don't care how the civic/crx thread is split up... but will be glad when it does happen.

wynode
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Will get this done tomorrow morning (finally!)

Steer^Gimic
07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Good stuff, thanks Wynode.

wynode
09-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I've just setup the forum. Just need to double check the permissions and then after that will open it up. It will take awhile to move the 'new' threads into it though so be patient please.

steve88
10-12-2007, 12:50 PM
-EF/ED/CRX
-EG/EK/EM/Delsol
-EP/FN/06+ (incl. CTR)

IMO id go for those. problems seem to correlate betwen those range of years of cars (80s, 90s, and 00s basically)

who cares if its the same as hondatech, and maybe other forums use "generations". how else do you suggest we split up the civics? by race of the drivers?? lol

panda[cRx]
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
AH, ES and others dont get a mention from you?

but yeh hondatech (real one, not blkcrx rubbish) has done it right, copy them lol

krogoth
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
^lol blkcrx rubish

and yeh, no es ftl

panda[cRx]
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
i see u have a beta civic section there atm, good to see something happening.......now to get the builds section up and running :p

wynode
12-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok so it's finally done.......opened up the new forum and renamed it. Will get the mods to move threads as they get around to it :)

markCivicVti
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Well done!! Am loving the change!

Steer^Gimic
12-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Awesome.
Nice work, much cleaner viewing :)