PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

z3lda
21-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Does anyone have cruise control on there Del Sol? cuz my car does and some told me that it doesnt come with cruise control..is that right?

Also anyone with cruise control on thier car, have you's tried to put it in neutral and turning it on? i did that before by accident and it just reved all the way to red line, bouncin and didnt stop reving until i turned it off. is it meant to be like this ?

cruise control is dangerous.... :?

wynode
21-07-2004, 01:35 AM
Cruise control should only workin when you are above a certain speed and should automatically switch off if you press the brake pedal.

Is your aftermaket?

toE
21-07-2004, 04:03 AM
i doubt del sols have cruise control as standard. i could be wrong. :)

and yer...i tot cruise controls wont work if engine is idling. *shrugs*

VTEC16
21-07-2004, 10:31 AM
I bought my EK4 with aftermarket cruise control installed..... the speed can fluctuate more than 10ks on the freeway - so its kinda vague.....but i havent tried mine in neutral!!

PhatMirage
21-07-2004, 11:23 AM
i doubt del sols have cruise control as standard. i could be wrong. :)

and yer...i tot cruise controls wont work if engine is idling. *shrugs*

I looked through the manual for my del sol and cruise is not listed at all (even though it lists the rear fogs, heated seats, and all the other stuff we don't get).

VTEC16: The cruise control on newer cars is much more accurate than that. The AU falcon can hold +/-2kph.

wynode
21-07-2004, 11:48 AM
....The AU falcon can hold +/-2kph.

In theory yes......but not in practise ;)

Weq
21-07-2004, 12:28 PM
cruise control came on american civic's & del sol's since 92..

PhatMirage
21-07-2004, 12:34 PM

No, in practice! I drive one when i'm not driving the sol :)

ECU-MAN
21-07-2004, 09:28 PM
No [acronym:d40b661e81="Australian Domestic Market"]AUDM[/acronym:d40b661e81] delsol came with Cruise, it wasnt an option either. aftermarket unit vary in quality. the cruise control should disengage when you put your foot on the brake or clutch, and depending on the way its speed sensing is setup as to how accurate it is.. most aftermarket units put three magents on the inner cv joint and there own pick up unit. it would be more accurate to tap into the [acronym:d40b661e81="Vehicle Speed Sensor"]VSS[/acronym:d40b661e81]. also if the throttle cable from the cruise control isnt routed correctly ( eg to tight )it can cause inacuracy.

z3lda
21-07-2004, 09:54 PM
my cruise control is pretty accurate -/+5kphs, it turns off when i lightly tap the clutch or brake. its pretty cOol i can accel and de-cel with it ehhe.. but yea. i also thought that it doesnt work if the engine is idlin. cuz i was rollin down my street with the engine idlin then accidently turned on cruice andd VrOommm.

Weq
21-07-2004, 10:56 PM
yeah my mate was reverseing once in his magna, and boom, cruise control cracked a few rims and control arms.

ECU-MAN
22-07-2004, 06:57 PM
yeah my mate was reverseing once in his magna, and boom, cruise control cracked a few rims and control arms.

damm,, Cruise aint ment to be able to be engaged until 40km/h

wynode
23-07-2004, 01:17 AM

So do I and I can tell you for a fact in ain't that accurate....especially on the slightest incline.

PhatMirage
23-07-2004, 08:36 AM

So do I and I can tell you for a fact in ain't that accurate....especially on the slightest incline.

Ohh well mine is an AUII, mabey they were improved? It is certinally, much better than other cruise controls I have used before. I have never used it up a huge incline, but it maintains +/-2km/hr on gentle highway slopes. I have checked the speed using a GPS :P