PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Sideskirt

killua888
09-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Guys

A month or two back i accidentally hit a kerb in the carpark when i was rounding a corner. That knocked one of the clips off its hinges and i can that all i did was knock the sideskirt off its hinge (theres no damage except a few scratches on the bottom).

I was just wondering if anyone here has any idea how to take off the side skirt properly. I can see all the screws and clips and i could take a blind stab at it, but i don't want to break anything. So is there anything i need to know before i take it off?

P.S: forgot to mention above, its just the stock sideskirt no body kit.

Thanks

aaronng
09-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Take off all the screws and clips and pull out to get the side skirt to come off.

If you purchased the sports body kit option from the dealer, they take off your original sideskirts to put on the sports one anyway.

aaronng
09-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Here are the instructions from the service manual:

Side Sill Panel Replacement
1. Remove the side sill panel (A).

-1 On the front of the rear wheel arch, remove the screws (B).

-2 Remove the bolt (C) securing the side sill panel and middle floor under cover (D), and remove the clips (E, F).

-3 Slide the side sill panel rearward and remove it. The side clips (G, H) will stay in the body.

-4 Remove the side clips (G) by turning the clip 45° from the body, and using a clip remover, remove the
side clip (H).

-5 On the back of the front wheel arch, remove the screws (I).

-6 Turn the side sill inner trim (J) 45° to release the side clip (G), then remove the trim.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6373/sideskirt1dx8.jpg

2. Replace any damaged clips.

3. Install the side clips (A, B) on the side sill panel (C).

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7274/sideskirt2hp2.jpg

4. Install the side sill inner trim (D) on the side sill panel, and install the clip (E).

5. Hold the panel up, and fit all the side clips into the holes in the body, then push on the panel until the clips snap into place.

6. Install al the expansion clips (F) and bolt (G).

7. Install all the screws (H, I).

killua888
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
thanks alot aaron=)

somehow i was expecting you to be the first to reply. lol