PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Vibration

Daniel Muratore
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Guys

I have receently started to notice a strange vibration on my cluth pedal.

If i put the pedal to the floor and hold the RPM between 2500 and 3000, i feel a strange vibration on the pedal, keep in mind the clutch does not slip, but i have noticed a similar vibration on gear down. When the car is in neutral and my foot is not on the cluth there is no noise when holding at the same RPM. The car is not driven hard on a regular basis.

Would appreciate it if anyone can give me some feedback.

MRSPCS
10-08-2007, 03:03 PM
dude your so gonna get flamed for starting this thread man!

it's the infamous clutch buzz.. common problem with early model s2ks, nothing to worry about.. if it bothers you that much, then just change the clutch, and the buzz will be gone.

Daniel Muratore
10-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I was actually aware of the cluthch buzz before i bought the car, however the dealership supposidly replaced the whole lot with a 2001 clutch kit before i picked it up. the problem has only just resurfaced, and yet it is a different feeling to that which i felt when i test drove the car originally. Thanks for the heads up, don't worry i am sure i can handle the grilling.
:)

ludecrs
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
It should have been replaced with an 02 spec clutch.... not 01... 01 still retains the clutch buzz problems, 99-01.

Daniel Muratore
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks Mate, lets just say they'll be fixing it under warranty.

destrukshn
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
It should have been replaced with an 02 spec clutch.... not 01... 01 still retains the clutch buzz problems, 99-01.
all the clutches from honda, are all superceded to the new clutch anyways.

ludecrs
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
all the clutches from honda, are all superceded to the new clutch anyways.

Then why was it replaced with an 01? :confused:

And that an't be true because the AP2 clutch has an anti launch mechanism built in which has to be modified for the car to be launched.

IRI
10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Then why was it replaced with an 01? :confused:

And that an't be true because the AP2 clutch has an anti launch mechanism built in which has to be modified for the car to be launched.

Can you elaborate on that?

jko2
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Anti-launch mechanism?

Could be talking about the clutch delay valve, i'm not sure which year that was introduced in...

whoosh!
11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
had the same problem found out that time it wasnt my clutch , but my diff

ludecrs
12-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Anti-launch mechanism?

Could be talking about the clutch delay valve, i'm not sure which year that was introduced in...

Thats the thing I meant. I didn't have time to search s2ki for the correct term since I was on my way out the door to work.

It was introduced in 2004 for the AP2 update.

integrity
13-08-2007, 08:49 AM
the anti launch mecahnism doesnt allow the AP2 model S2K to laucnch at a higher rpm (i dont remember what the highest lauch was but i think its around 4500rpm)

clutch buzz is totally normal and there are cases where it will still buzz een if you change it to another OEM.

if you change the complete system with clutch and flywheel its a definiete go and will not come back.

MRSPCS
13-08-2007, 10:52 AM
the anti launch mecahnism doesnt allow the AP2 model S2K to laucnch at a higher rpm (i dont remember what the highest lauch was but i think its around 4500rpm)

clutch buzz is totally normal and there are cases where it will still buzz een if you change it to another OEM.

if you change the complete system with clutch and flywheel its a definiete go and will not come back.

does this also include a JDM OEM clutch aswell?

integrity
13-08-2007, 11:56 AM
well ive done the jdm clutch system (flywheel and clutch)

no buzz though its reoccuring and the pedal vibrates from time to time.

sort of over it as it isnt the end of the world.
overall i prefer the OEM with clutch buzz over a aftermarket i dont know why

aznsiko
20-09-2007, 11:59 PM
i get the same when i back off the accelerator pedal.. for a second i feel it vibrate tehn it just goes.. but it normal isnt it? CLUTCH BUZZ