PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust /silencer question ...Help

g_kn
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey guys

ive got a cannon exhaust on my Dc2 and thinking of putting my Silencer in as i want the sound to be more quiet.

is there any Noticeable disadvantages if i was to put my Silencer in...
ive heard from people with experiences from silencers... they seem to notice that the car pulled a bit slower and is noticeable bottom end.. is that true?

i am thinking of putting a stock Exhaust muffler and getting rid of the cannon but cant seem to get a hold of a stocky muffler :(

Should i just look for a stocky Muffler and getting it put in or just better off just placing the Silencer in what ive got now... at the same time i dont want noticeable disadvantages though =S ... what should i do ?

aaronng
10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Take off the cannon and use a high flow muffler like a Magnaflow instead.

smk415
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Yer i have a canon aswell which was at 108 decibel. I put on my silencer and i noticed a huge decrease in performance. The simple reason being is that your car performs better if the exhaust flow is smoother. After i put my silencer on it decreases the amount of space the exhaust has to escape which slows your ride down. I would take aaronngs suggestion and
Thread Relocator #2

Car: Chloe
Trade Rating: (8)
aaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to beholdaaronng is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to aaronng

smk415
10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Woops i copied and pasted some other random crap. I meant Take off the cannon and use a high flow muffler like a Magnaflow instead like aaronng said.

aaronng
10-08-2007, 10:42 PM
^^ you can always edit your post. :)

baeshin
12-08-2007, 12:59 AM

yeahh use a magnaflow ftw lol

Zdster
13-08-2007, 10:19 AM
A couple of other options:

Keep your existing system and just but in a long resonator before the muffler.
Go to a wreckers and get yourself a stock muffler.
Change out the muffler to something that is less 'straight through'.Adding a silencer will decrease performance as it is adding a blockage to the exhaust flow

Limbo
13-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Also your can opt for a better quality canon. Usually a large body muffler works better for reducing noise. You get what you pay for in mufflers

DLO01
13-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Also your can opt for a better quality canon. Usually a large body muffler works better for reducing noise. You get what you pay for in mufflers

^^^ Aye. :thumbsup:

aaronng
13-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd rather get a hotdog resonator put in and then use a straight through muffler like a magnaflow.

TypeRice
08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
f*Ck no wonder my car is so slow...
my exhaust system has a silencer too