PDA

View Full Version : 98EK Frontbar Removal.

A'PEXi
17-10-2003, 01:03 AM
I know its basically just the 2 screws under wheel arches, 2 under the car and 4 grill screws... does it just pop off after these are removed?... should the car be on a stand while removing screws underneath the car? or jacks?... just some general info/pics would help, thanks.

sesshoumaru
17-10-2003, 02:04 AM
hmmmz... i've done it before, but cant remember how.

But i can assure u that it will be pretty self explainitory. As you've mentioned, there will be screws in the wheel guard, along the top of the bar, and probably some underneath just attaching the bar to the mud guard.

undo all the screws and give it a gentle jiggle, if its still stuck, make sure tehre arnt anymore screws... and try again... should really just come off...

i doubt u'll need to jack the car up... just lie on ur back :P. u should be ok!

eknine
17-10-2003, 01:51 PM
you don't have to jack up your car :)

VTi-RT
17-10-2003, 04:10 PM
There should me more then 4 clips at the top of the bar, can't remember exactly but there should be 6. take the clips off, 2x 10mm bolts underneath the car and 2x screws under the wheel arches...

very easy, no jacking the car up, unless your car is dumped, which will make it hard to get to the 2x screws underneath the wheel arches.

Once you take off the bolts, screws, clips, you should be able to just pull it off.

Civic Type R
17-10-2003, 04:36 PM
its a piece of cake :)
no jack needed - just a 10mm socket for the wheel arches and possibly some near the intake underneath the bumper. Then the 5 or so plastic screws with a philips screwdriver.

:wink:

A'PEXi
17-10-2003, 08:48 PM
would someone be kind enough as to post a pic of the position of the screws under the car/wheel arches.... its a bit hard for me to see, the car is a 'tad' low lol... and im not sure how i can fit under there to undo the screws :)

thanks in advance.

sesshoumaru
18-10-2003, 12:44 AM
sorry, i dont have an EK to take pictures of...

but the main screw should be where the top of the front bar meets the front quarter panel. There might be a couple more holding the mud guard to the bar...

As for reaching it, well, turn the steering wheel! :P

96vti
19-10-2003, 10:41 AM
ey man,if ur cars abit low jack the front wheels up abit, i got same car as u an i removed the front bar the other day to fix a headlight... turning the wheel reaches the screw on the wheel arches. theres 2 screws underneath the car which dont need a screw driver, a small wrench works. then 2 screws under the bonnet next to the grill, then the screws on the grill, u gotta take the grill off with the front bar then if u wanna take off the grill gotta unscrew it from inside the front bar.. that shuold be it, hope it makes sense.. jus out of curiosity why u taken it off anyway,oh by the way nice car

A'PEXi
26-11-2003, 04:42 PM
yep, makes sense 96vti, i've got everything covered except the ones underneath, there are like 20 different types of screws under there... i'll have a look again tommrow morning though and see what i can find to undo them as well :P... i'm taking it off so i can remove the headlights. 8)