PDA

View Full Version : dc2r light problem

gheybo
12-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi all

i have just got a problem lately on my dc2r. The problem is when i turn on my lights, my engine switch off automatically and then i turn the engine back on and the lights too its fine. By the way i've got hid kit installed in my car. Does anyone know whats the problem? It just happen a few days ago.

teaseR
12-08-2007, 11:32 AM
try removing HID and starting the car... turn on headlights... shuts down then its not HID... u need to do some trial and error there... good luck

Jamezy
12-08-2007, 12:01 PM
mayb its ur hid's draining all the power from the battery the wattage output of the hid's could be too much ..

ive got 35watt 8000k hid lamps and mine are fine also neva turn ur hid's on
1st b4 starting the car alwais start ur engine 1st then turn on ur hid's ..

hope this helps good luck buddy :thumbsup:

xenonkuraz
12-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I hope I don't have the same problems!

gheybo
12-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Well i just recently change my battery so i don't think its the battery problem. Also, i had the HID on for about a week with no problem, it just happen recently and i always turn on my car before i turn on my lights.

Dy_
12-08-2007, 09:24 PM
yeah unplug hids and give it a try..even thoguh its a new batt. still could be the problem.

check your hid specs..it should only be drawing a very low watttage rating.

if not just sell your car to me 10grand..considering its got a problem!

gheybo
13-08-2007, 05:10 PM
yeah unplug hids and give it a try..even thoguh its a new batt. still could be the problem.

check your hid specs..it should only be drawing a very low watttage rating.

if not just sell your car to me 10grand..considering its got a problem!

LMAO

10grand might as well go buy a GSI instead for 10 grand haha

gheybo
16-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I've think i fix the problem, just need the time to see does it still happens.

It was just the battery connector lose :eek:

gheybo
16-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi all

I've unplug all the wires and connectors and reconnect them all, but the same thing happens, it only happens sometimes.

I turn on my car, then i turn on my light, then the car switches off, could it be a fuse problem?

Have anyone has this problem before?

Could it be the HID problem? i install them and used them for about a week or two then the problem started to happen

need some help :confused:

teaseR
16-08-2007, 09:18 PM
even if its a loose terminal when u start the car.. it should be ok to run off the alternator so that is not the problem.

Joel The Mole
16-08-2007, 09:52 PM
not sure if HID have grounding wires, but if the do, make sure there all good. or it could be an instillation fault or a product fault.

Dy_
16-08-2007, 11:50 PM
If it was the battery clamp being lose hence its touching sometimes and not others then..you'd have the car starting sometimes and not other times.

gheybo
17-08-2007, 12:01 AM
yea the battery clamp was loose as my car didn't start, so i opened my hood and the clamp was off the battery.

But this problem was fixed already

Dy_
17-08-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah therefore the problem you had before prob wasnt because of the battery.

da928
17-08-2007, 01:04 AM
there may be some sort of wiring problem?

B18cEG
19-08-2007, 06:17 PM
hey bro, make sure all your earths in the engine bay and on the engine are secure, also check if your altenator is charging by starting the car and put a multimeter on the battery, it should read about 13-14.4v if not u got a altenator problem. also try install another earth strap from the negative of battery to a spot on the engine.
Good luck

gheybo
02-09-2007, 12:10 AM
hey guys

after some time has pass, it only happens sometimes, well less than before

does anyone know whats the problem is?

hid faulty?

B18cEG
02-09-2007, 02:48 PM
didi you try this? )hey bro, make sure all your earths in the engine bay and on the engine are secure, also check if your altenator is charging by starting the car and put a multimeter on the battery, it should read about 13-14.4v if not u got a altenator problem. also try install another earth strap from the negative of battery to a spot on the engine.
Good luck)