PDA

View Full Version : sending an axleback muffler

kelviN
12-08-2007, 07:47 PM
hey just wondering what is the best and cheapest method to send a axleback muffler. I have no box or container that is big enough.

aust post , courier ???

Zdster
13-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Wrong section, but try a courier. I have found VicFast to be the cheapest/easiest - just wrap the exhaust in bubble wrap (you can get lengths from AusPost or OfficeWorks)

Kiz_EG6
13-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I would also chase down a box which will fit it, maybe go to a few local exhaust joints and see if they have any old ones, better to be safe that sorry, as it is out of ur control as soon as it's picked up.
No courier likes dealing with un-packaged items!!

Zdster
13-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I would also chase down a box which will fit it, maybe go to a few local exhaust joints and see if they have any old ones, better to be safe that sorry, as it is out of ur control as soon as it's picked up.
No courier likes dealing with un-packaged items!!

Have sent heaps of things 'packed' in bubble wrap and never had a problem. If you are worried pay the extra five bucks for insurance.

Kiz_EG6
13-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Have sent heaps of things 'packed' in bubble wrap and never had a problem. If you are worried pay the extra five bucks for insurance.

Yeah, true, bubble wrap should be fine!

Joeyboy
13-08-2007, 01:11 PM
i know that pack and send will ... well...PACK AND SEND, hehehe! try them, if they're in your area.

but i usually just get bubble wrap from aussie post and i have sent it through aust post just bubble-wrapped with no probs.

Zdster
13-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I seriously dont know why people dont use VicFast. They ship everywhere and as long as it is going to a capital city are by far the cheapest for larger items.

Kiz_EG6
13-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I seriously dont know why people dont use VicFast. They ship everywhere and as long as it is going to a capital city are by far the cheapest for larger items.

Yeah, he's right, comapnies like that usually work out way cheaper that Aust Post on bulkier items, also try courier's please, you may need to have a account with them though!?!