PDA

View Full Version : JTune FN2

elim
13-08-2007, 06:11 PM
yo
I know some of the new ctr owners out there are itchy about modding their cars. I think dynodave also mentioned about james picking up the new fn2 and dyno'd it so I thought i post this link which I came across:

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1532

quite impressive i should say especially compared to dc5r... maybe there is hope for the fn2 :p

hinezz
13-08-2007, 06:27 PM
gotta say the FN2 has alot of potential.
dont mind getting one ;)
gud infor there :thumbsup:

sitta
13-08-2007, 07:28 PM
crap so its actually pretty damn powerfull... the figure from honda compared to the jtech one confuse me....

Tofu
13-08-2007, 07:54 PM
not bad...
would have to see how it performs in real life situations.

Chris_typer
14-08-2007, 02:12 PM
not bad...
would have to see how it performs in real life situations.

lol he's cut...

didz
14-08-2007, 02:41 PM
very impressed. ill need to get my car all nice and tuned to match it ;)

_FeRiO_
14-08-2007, 02:57 PM
was there wen james first pik it up. FN2 actually looks good in person.

aaronng
14-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I hope that he will do his own 0-100 and 400 metre testing as well. The wheels test results were pathetic.

Chris_typer
14-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I hope that he will do his own 0-100 and 400 metre testing as well. The wheels test results were pathetic.

Yes quite true.

GupZ
14-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Lol....honestly..i am not supprised about these figures (FN2 vs DC5R), as DC5r was my previous car.

hengz
14-08-2007, 08:13 PM
very impressed. ill need to get my car all nice and tuned to match it ;)

didz dc5r vs my fn2. it's on mate!

m3ntAL_l2
14-08-2007, 08:39 PM
eeeeeerrr wdf 140kw stock atw..............

yfin
14-08-2007, 08:44 PM

Dont get hung up on numbers - just look at comparisons to other cars on the same dyno. Also this type of dyno measures at the hubs not at the wheels.

Tofu
14-08-2007, 11:44 PM
lol he's cut...

lol
i really don't care for dyno figures since they are all different, especially this one since it was a hub dyno was it not?

Honda PR and marketing is trying to sell this car saying it's not all about power, yet this car as shown by THIS set of dyno figures proves otherwise...so i think it needs to be put to real life situations.

weezer
15-08-2007, 08:43 AM

Hub dyno ;)

ginganggooly
15-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Is this the same dyno that had the modified Euro making 155kw atw??

HRD2BQT
15-08-2007, 11:13 AM
all of those comparison were done using d same dyno (dynapack)...its still interesting too see freakin 19.7kw gain over dc5r (Stock vs Stock)
yeah but then again.....real life comparo wud be good :)

Chris_typer
15-08-2007, 02:58 PM
lol
i really don't care for dyno figures since they are all different, especially this one since it was a hub dyno was it not?

Honda PR and marketing is trying to sell this car saying it's not all about power, yet this car as shown by THIS set of dyno figures proves otherwise...so i think it needs to be put to real life situations.

Yes thats fair too say...personally can't wait till he designs some mods for it because I will be interested in purchasing them and this car has some sound potential

GupZ
17-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Yes thats fair too say...personally can't wait till he designs some mods for it because I will be interested in purchasing them and this car has some sound potential

Thats right. I think i have to save a huge sum of $$ for the mods :p

Btw, Im looking forward to see some aftermarket bodykits :cool:

didz
17-08-2007, 03:13 PM
didz dc5r vs my fn2. it's on mate!

LOL run it in first mate! wouldnt wanna see u (almost!) win then blow ur engine ;)

Also with power, after thinking about it. The CTR is much heavier than the previous DC5R/S so comparing in real life is much more appropriate to me. Also cornering will be interesting with the sussy being very different. One thing i am impressed with is the safety features! 3 sets of airbags?!?!?!??! STANDARD?!?!

ALSO re: wheels car test. The Honda brochure states that its 0-100 in UNDER 7 seconds. So i will be very interested in how jtune goes with it.
Ill give my own comparison between DC5R and FD2r on tues/wednesday when i test drive one at Doncaster. FI it lives up to the hype then maybe i might consider it.

Tofu
17-08-2007, 04:54 PM
CTR has side curtain airbags right?

Chris_typer
19-08-2007, 06:08 PM
CTR has side curtain airbags right?

yeah it does...also has an airbag in the actual headrest

aaronng
19-08-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah it does...also has an airbag in the actual headrest

You mean in the side of the seat. :)

Chris_typer
19-08-2007, 07:09 PM
You mean in the side of the seat. :)

Yeah..well the actual headrest when it senses your having a crash, directs your head to where the centre of the crash is and the airbag blows out from the sides of your seat to protect you...also read that if someone in the passenger seat is sleeping and has there head against the headrest or to the side of the seat, the airbag disables itself from working to prevent injury to there neck and then once there head is off the seat it automatically re-enables.

aaronng
19-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah..well the actual headrest when it senses your having a crash, directs your head to where the centre of the crash is and the airbag blows out from the sides of your seat to protect you...also read that if someone in the passenger seat is sleeping and has there head against the headrest or to the side of the seat, the airbag disables itself from working to prevent injury to there neck and then once there head is off the seat it automatically re-enables.

It's a similar system to what the Accord Euro has.

kookie
19-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't think the FN2 has massive mod potential as it seems like its come out of factory with a much better tune. Changing the air mods might only net smaller gains in comparison to the DC5R (Due to poor tune from factory). But only time will tell once more mods are available to the car.

[RSX 03]
19-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't think the FN2 has massive mod potential as it seems like its come out of factory with a much better tune. Changing the air mods might only net smaller gains in comparison to the DC5R (Due to poor tune from factory). But only time will tell once more mods are available to the car.

x2 ;)

aaronng
19-08-2007, 08:59 PM
If they can get 168kW out of the JDM CTR, then the FN2's CTR stil has at least 20kW of potential out of it. :)

ennavoli
19-08-2007, 10:08 PM
If they can get 168kW out of the JDM CTR, then the FN2's CTR stil has at least 20kW of potential out of it. :)

2nd you on this post.

There is nothing wrong with the FN2R, I do not know why people are critical of the whole vehicle. If anything, I think the JDM CTR has less potential than a FN2R cause FD2R is already so well balanced and tuned from the factory, compared to the "detuned" FN2R. The only thing which might not be so "tunable" is the rear torsion beam, but I reserve my comments on that for now.

Tofu
19-08-2007, 11:24 PM
well..even there are areas of improvement over the NSX, so i think there's still things you can do to make the FN2 better, but at what costs?

aaronng
20-08-2007, 01:07 AM
If people are willing to spend $3k on rims, $1.5k on tyres, $4k on a bodykit for their cars, then that $8.5k put towards the engine instead should be enough to get your engine to make more power than the FD2R. :)

kookie
20-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Its kind of like putting bolt on's to s2k's. They don't really net massive gains, because the engine is so well tuned from factory. But with deep pockets you can make anything happen.

Chris_typer
20-08-2007, 12:53 PM
If people are willing to spend $3k on rims, $1.5k on tyres, $4k on a bodykit for their cars, then that $8.5k put towards the engine instead should be enough to get your engine to make more power than the FD2R. :)

Yeah well i dont know whether I'll be spending 8k on it in the near future but prob atleast 1k.

aaronng
20-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah well i dont know whether I'll be spending 8k on it in the near future but prob atleast 1k.

1k is not enough even for a good header though. It's enough for only a catback system.

Chris_typer
20-08-2007, 03:42 PM
1k is not enough even for a good header though. It's enough for only a catback system.

Prob the max id have to spend on it at the moment would be 4k...but even then pushing limits..maybe soon though.

ennavoli
20-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Prob the max id have to spend on it at the moment would be 4k...but even then pushing limits..maybe soon though.

To make a FN2R really quick or as quick as a FD2R, you need to spend much more than 4K. As I said before, the market hasn't mature as the car is still very new.

Slap on some light rims, good rubber and do what you can do to the suspension, then just spend the rest of the time the next 2 years getting to know the car and be a better driver than the car rather than the car is a better vehicle to you. Knowing the car's sweet spot and perfecting it is much better than having tons of mods on the car but not knowing the characteristics of the car.

Chris_typer
20-08-2007, 07:55 PM
To make a FN2R really quick or as quick as a FD2R, you need to spend much more than 4K. As I said before, the market hasn't mature as the car is still very new.

Slap on some light rims, good rubber and do what you can do to the suspension, then just spend the rest of the time the next 2 years getting to know the car and be a better driver than the car rather than the car is a better vehicle to you. Knowing the car's sweet spot and perfecting it is much better than having tons of mods on the car but not knowing the characteristics of the car.

Yes I know what you mean but at the moment I just don't have that amount of cash lying around, yet you are right about the market not having alot of parts yet..so I suppose I have some time to safe up some cash. Getting to know the car is exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment, thats why I'm not really that keen on moding it until I do. Prob advise this to all new CTR drivers or in fact any new car purchase, get to know the car first before going out of control on mods.

aaronng
20-08-2007, 08:20 PM
At least you know that the FN2R is plenty fast enough to drive on the street without breaking any rules. :) So even without mods, it's fine.

Chris_typer
20-08-2007, 09:56 PM
At least you know that the FN2R is plenty fast enough to drive on the street without breaking any rules. :) So even without mods, it's fine.

Fair enough point too. It already draws enough attention as it is :p