PDA

View Full Version : Higlighting Posts that have a recieved a PQ point

krogoth
13-08-2007, 09:01 PM
wat u guys think?

i dont know my vb coding, but if this is possible it would be quite helpful to every1

say posts that have been repped by other members with 2 green boxes or more are automatically high lighted

this would definatley help ppl pick thru all the rubbish

IMO, it will also reduce the amount of spam control mods have to do, as the other reliable memebers will pick the good info from the crap

just an idea.....

and the report post button is ther if a member finds a post that has been incorectly repped..mod goes and has a quick look and amends if needed

bennjamin
13-08-2007, 09:07 PM
it might incite some bias towards these " posts"...
Also , not all "repped" posts are useful. Alot of non-repped posts are useful too.

chunky
13-08-2007, 09:13 PM
but would it lead to more + rep for that post or no rep at all
ppl might think aw yeh already repped no need to rep sum more
when potentialy u could be earning more rep points

krogoth
13-08-2007, 09:15 PM
of course, it cood be used and abused

but i imagine it would be a good feature, simply because some threads get choked with unnecesarry posts, that may not really be spam

and highlighting the good posts would def be an advantage for ppl sifting through threads with the search option

bennjamin
13-08-2007, 09:17 PM
"best posts" can equal "most popular" , so they will usually remain on the first page anyway.

krogoth
13-08-2007, 09:17 PM
but would it lead to more + rep for that post or no rep at all
ppl might think aw yeh already repped no need to rep sum more
when potentialy u could be earning more rep points

im pretty sure this is happening now, even though posts that have been repped dont get high lighted

i mean, wen i find a 2 week old thread or older and see som1 has made an excellent and accurate contribution to the thread, i still rep it...

even though im pretty sure it must have been repped b4 as its an old thread...

krogoth
13-08-2007, 09:19 PM
btw ben, did u recieve a PM from me?

bennjamin
13-08-2007, 09:22 PM
yus i did but i accidentally deleted it. Something about stickying that tyre thread post ? We have another great on-going thread that isnt sticked
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409
but its kept up there by people contributing because its full of info of longevity plus more.
Hopefully your thread will too.

krogoth
13-08-2007, 09:26 PM
yus i did but i accidentally deleted it. Something about stickying that tyre thread post ? We have another great on-going thread that isnt sticked
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409
but its kept up there by people contributing because its full of info of longevity plus more.
Hopefully your thread will too.

ahk thnx

krogoth
13-08-2007, 09:27 PM
any more input on the highlighting idea?

im guessing u guys arent too keen, lol

chunky
13-08-2007, 09:29 PM
lolz im guessing not
is it even possible though?
wheres wyynn

wynode
13-08-2007, 10:19 PM
any more input on the highlighting idea?

im guessing u guys arent too keen, lol
It will involve custom code and frankly it's just not worth the time/effort. I don't know why people are soo hung on the PQ points system. It was only really introduced to stop people abusing the for sale forum (ie signing up to sell items and not help each other out).

Zdster
14-08-2007, 08:58 AM
It will involve custom code and frankly it's just not worth the time/effort. I don't know why people are soo hung on the PQ points system. It was only really introduced to stop people abusing the for sale forum (ie signing up to sell items and not help each other out).

Its because ECU-Man has so many more points than everyone else :p

krogoth
14-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Well i see the PQ system as much more than simply a method of stopping ppl from signing up simply to sell

its still easy to get past this security anyway, im sure ther are heaps of members who signed up for a month or 2 to get accepted into ozhonda, sell wat they need and then disspeared

i see the PQ system as a way to sort out the members who contribute and know massive amounts of info from the members who love to spam and the members who dont know much

wen i click on a thread, i look for the ppl with lots of green boxes that have posted, and give most attention to....but thats doesnt mean only ppl with green boxes know wat theyr talking about....

thats y i thought the highlighting method would be good because it shows wen accurate information is being posted, regardless of who posts it...

say, wen ben posts, every1 knows he knows wat heez talking about because he has 40000 green boxes, lol, but other memebers dont get that

im just justifying my thoughts

its not a perfect idea i know, but i though id put it out ther, and fair enough if its too hard to implement

IZY-10
24-08-2007, 12:37 AM

Agreed not worth the time and effort. As stated to much coding is involved and alot of threads without rep points are still a great read.