PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear bar

EDCivic
13-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Arghhhhhhhh ! my wife (i.e. woman driver) backed into another car on the weekend. Luckily there was not much damage paint/shape wise but as the bar flexed in it cracked (approx 1 & 1/2 "), so I want to try and glue it back together. I can see mount screws around the rear wheel arches and beneath, but there is a concealed hard to get to set along the top of the bar. How does one get to these and remove the bar on a 1991 ED Civic sedan ?

Rivic
14-08-2007, 06:49 PM
trying to remeber back when i had mine, get under neath and have al ook up between the bar and the car there may be bolts up there? aose when u open the boot anything accross the top? there also should be some around the wheel arches i thought? (is there inner gaurd liners in the back? i cna' remebr now) if not im pretty sure theres was a bolt or screw on the very end of each side of the bar around where it meets the gaurd..

EDCivic
15-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks Rivic. The ones which will be a bugger are the ones going across the top of the bar as there is bugger all clearance to get to them, say around 1/4". Perhaps they can be got to from beneath as well ?