PDA

View Full Version : few more stupid questions

Sico
21-07-2004, 06:01 PM
i know latley ive been asking a whole heap of quesitons of every one and pm almost every 2nd person but im jsut full of q's at the moment.......

just wondering ive heard that if you have your car tuned though say an apexi Vafc your original settings will reset after a while is this true and if soo how long, is there any way to stop it with out going full aftermarket ecu??? i ask this cause ive had mine in about a week and its feeling like its not pulling as hard as it did in the first week......i could be getting used to it but still its feeling different.

2nd Q, those of you with VTI-R's 93-99 how much power are you all pumping out with what mods, and where did you get your work done and who tuned your cars???

i ask all this because i just had a bit of work done and by the looks of things ive been HAD.....soo now im just asking round seeing who else is out there in melbourne

thanks for any help guys and gals

BLKCRX
21-07-2004, 08:09 PM
All your questions regarding your STOCK [acronym:7df38d58c8="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:7df38d58c8] can be answered here

http://www.hondata.com/techclosed.html

in summary the stock ecu will self learn via the short term and long term fuel adjustment via negative feed back from your stock oxygen sensor.
Short term fuel trim = within 4 or 5 full throttle pulls
Long term 1 - 2 days of driving

Can you get around it.. and stop the [acronym:7df38d58c8="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:7df38d58c8] from self learning.. NO, not with a VAFC

Regards James

Sico
22-07-2004, 12:39 AM
so it was a waste of time and money getting the vafc??? as now the car will basically be out of tune again after a week of driving??? that sucks major balls

VTEChnique
22-07-2004, 11:25 AM
With VAFC, can you turn it on/off while running ?

So could you drive around with the VAFC turned off (running of std [acronym:7b6c6ae6eb="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:7b6c6ae6eb] maps) then when you want to race, turn it on (running with the +/- Fuel values etc )???

Sico
22-07-2004, 11:51 AM
but i want to run it all the time..............when i first took my car out of the garage first day it felt mint, if i could have it like that all day long i would.......