PDA

View Full Version : Attn : Accord Euro Drivers!

Cr@ckerJ@ck
21-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Recently I became a father with our 1st child, our family car atm is a 1998 Nissan Pulsar, which just isn't cutting the mustard in terms of space for stuff, small interior, boot, ect...

As above will the euro be a good family car for 2a+child for the next 10 years? We don't plan on having any more children in the near future but..... The euro has some great features in terms of safety,power,comfort but my wife is like "I don't know what do you think" about the whole affair.

So please give me your honest opinions please. Will this car be a good family car?

Accord Euro STD Automatic Trans.

toE
21-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Welcome on ur child! :)

if u want to stick to Hondas, ur choices are pretty limited...u got the Accord Euro/Accord V6/CRV/Legend/Oddysey.

in terms of safety, i'm pretty sure the Euro has safety standards that are comparable with the modern European manufacturers.

my 2cents! :)

bigdongers
21-07-2004, 07:07 PM
If you need to drive a baby around all the time, I probably wouldnt suggest a Euro. The boot is a little small and also getting a baby seat in and out of the rear seat would be a pain. A CRV would probably be a better choice. The Euro is much better for style and performance though.

yfin
21-07-2004, 10:06 PM
If you need to drive a baby around all the time, I probably wouldnt suggest a Euro. The boot is a little small and also getting a baby seat in and out of the rear seat would be a pain. A CRV would probably be a better choice. The Euro is much better for style and performance though.

I disagree that the Euro has a small boot. 450 volume litres is not small and it has a 60:40 feature.

See -
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?[/google]click_id=132&art_id=iol1043981037295H532&set_id=4

What sort of baby buggy are you using that will not fit in that boot!?

The doors on the Euro also open VERY wide so I am not sure why getting a rear seat in and out would be difficult.

Cr@ckerJ@ck
21-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone :wink:

Very informative post yfin thanks.

I took a test drive and looked one over today and enjoyed the ride....we'll see how it goes with the wife :shock:

razaman
22-07-2004, 07:29 AM
I drive a 5th gen accord and we have no problems. I have a 1 1/2 yr old daughter.

We went away last month for a week. We took clothes for 2 adults in a large suitcase, clothes for daughter - small suitcase. Mountain buggy pram/stroller. Porta-cot, portacot matress, 2 shopping bag of toys, shopping bag of food, plastic ride-on. And some other misc stuff that I can't remember, although I remember it was damn full!

If I had 2 kids we would probably have to leave behind the push chair to make room for extra clothes/toys.

I can't imagine the boot of the Euro is smaller than the 5th gen?

Raz

EuroAccord13
22-07-2004, 06:23 PM
The Euro might look small on the outside but it's actually quite spacious on the inside.. if you want more space... go for the Accord (The one that has the V6 Option)

CHEERS
Nick

ECU-MAN
22-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Congratz on your new addition to the family. I got buy with a 95 accord and two kinds. we have recently Upgraded to a euro, there greate. My youngest now sits in a booster seat so the baby captial ist a problem now althogh it does fit. I like my seat a fair bit back and i find myself telling of my son for kicking the seat, he has room but kids will be kids. he can get in from the left hand side and walk over to his side quite ok. the way the doors open so much is a bonus, ( just dont let your kids open the doors when your parked next to somthing ) retracting center seat belt is nice as well. Only hassel is I never put my son in the front seat as he is only 5 and the air bag would be nasty in the event of a accident. feels stupid driving and taking to him in the back seat. pram fits ok in the boot with lots of room to spare, the button instead of a lock for the boot is great when you got your hands full. all round there awsome. and I have done my home work as well and found its ok for a family of 4, I chose cloth as I didnt want leather coz of the kids. I am still getting used to the blind spots as there bugger all rear viewing area, hope this helps. get one, you know you want to, go tomorow and sign up, go go go go :)

Cr@ckerJ@ck
23-07-2004, 08:30 PM
get one, you know you want to, go tomorow and sign up, go go go go

Yes already have :D

Thanks everyone for your input, I have done my homework too and this car is looking like a good buy for us, cheers.

ECU-MAN
24-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Awsome, Is this your 1st Honda ?..

Cr@ckerJ@ck
24-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Awsome, Is this your 1st Honda ?..

2nd now, I have two Honda's to play with!! :twisted:

coladuna
25-07-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm another soon-to-be Accord Euro owner.
I've already signed the contract for arctic blue Accord Euro Luxury manual.
Just need to sell my current car now.

ECU-MAN
25-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Honda Quality is awsome, the Euro brings it to a new level for a lower price as well.

EuroSip
27-07-2004, 09:12 PM
I got the Euro after I lost the first car my parents gave me...
Although i don't have any children...but congrates on your child!!

But yeah, the Euro is definitely a great small family car, it's ride is especially comfortable...plus, it's decent fun for the driver.

juve
29-07-2004, 11:12 PM
I purchased my one and am very happy with it.. heaps of boot space and comfort.. the back is a little tighter if you have tall people sitting in the frront... :(

Archangel
04-08-2004, 01:23 AM
I cant wait for mine! Ordered yesterday. After much haggling and my decision NOT to get the Mazda 3 sp23. Im going to be EURO TRASH! and i couldn't be happier :D

zhenjie
05-08-2004, 12:43 PM
How much did it end up on-road?

I'm going through a broker at the moment, see how much of a good deal the can get me

Archangel
05-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Got a great deal simply because this is the 5th Honda we've bought from that dealership. Also very difficult hagglers :)

Ended up paying $36500 (Std Accord Euro - manual): Which included tinted windows, Metallic panelling and Floor mats. Im in Sydney.

EuroSip
05-08-2004, 11:33 PM
I ended up paying 47K on-roads for a luxury model with a bodykit and stuff...did i get ripped off...?? although...i did crash my first car and the insurance covered fully for it...so my parents didn't haggle as much for this one

Archangel
05-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Depends on what you mean by "stuff"

EuroSip
05-08-2004, 11:43 PM
well...this paint protection thing...which i think is a total lie...but insurance was paying so that was ok

bigdongers
05-08-2004, 11:49 PM
I ended up paying 47K on-roads for a luxury model with a bodykit and stuff...did i get ripped off...?? although...i did crash my first car and the insurance covered fully for it...so my parents didn't haggle as much for this one

Was 47k for an Auto or Manual? If it was a manual I think you could have gotten cheaper.

I was quoted 50k for a auto with bodykit. This is the full RRP on the road price. If you got an auto for 47k, then you got a 3k discount which is not bad.

EuroSip
05-08-2004, 11:51 PM
It's an auto...since that my parents said they might need to drive it in emergencies...but none of them have touched it once...
But still it's a nice auto...nice drive too..

Archangel
06-08-2004, 12:33 AM
well...this paint protection thing...which i think is a total lie...but insurance was paying so that was ok

I got all those options too, I personally think they're worth getting but perhaps a little bit pricey. I agreed (only because of discount) but after the purchase of the car so not factored into my price as above.

Taking that into consideration i think you got a good price :)

coladuna
06-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I think all of you paid too much.
I was able to negotiate price down to $41500 on-road for Accord Euro Luxury with floor mats and free window tints.
The other dealer was also willing to under-cut that by a few hundred dollars.

47K for auto with full bodykit is a pretty good deal though.

Archangel
06-08-2004, 11:45 PM

Fair enough, what state you in? Other places i enquired couldn't even match. I was contemplating carbroker or something along those lines, but im really happy with what i got for the price i paid. I just want the damn thing to be delivered already! :)

EuroSip
07-08-2004, 10:17 PM
I was able to negotiate price down to $41500 on-road for Accord Euro Luxury with floor mats and free window tints.
The other dealer was also willing to under-cut that by a few hundred dollars.

47K for auto with full bodykit is a pretty good deal though.

No, not a full one, i didn't want the boot lid spoiler because i personally think that it looks awful....does anyone have any suggestions of a spoiler that looks good on the Euro...

Most dealers will be willing to throw in floor mats and window tints for free if you're willing to haggle. I got reverse sensors with mine as well...so i guess 47K was a pretty good deal....

coladuna
08-08-2004, 10:29 AM
No, not a full one, i didn't want the boot lid spoiler because i personally think that it looks awful....does anyone have any suggestions of a spoiler that looks good on the Euro...

Most dealers will be willing to throw in floor mats and window tints for free if you're willing to haggle. I got reverse sensors with mine as well...so i guess 47K was a pretty good deal....

Well, I wouldn't get the rear spoiler for $1000 either. It doesn't look any better and it's a rip off. Just stick to your Euro without a spoiler.

I didn't know you can get a parking sensor for Euro.
Is that an aftermarket option or a factory fitted option?
I'm pretty sure I didn't see a parking sensor listed on accessory list.

Archangel
08-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Its not on the actual Honda Accecsory list. Honda dealers have pamphlets for the sensors, in case any customers want to take advantage of that option. Then they install them.

coladuna
08-08-2004, 02:17 PM
How much do they charge for the rear parking sensors?

kanthan
08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
i paid 41770 includes mats, bonnet protector, headlite protector and side wind deflector thingy....not bad i guess.

EuroSip
09-08-2004, 11:08 AM
How much do they charge for the rear parking sensors?

They're around 600 dollars i think...but I managed to throw it in with the whole package...one advice...top salesmans can normally give you a lower price...or look for someone with no experience at all....got 7000 off my first car last yr because the kid didn't know what he was doing and promised more than he could deliver..