PDA

View Full Version : what's a racing clutch feel like?

v19_7
15-08-2007, 04:09 PM
as title, was it very less working space for the clutch? i.e no need to drop much then the car will go---as soon as in gear then just drop 2cm then come to fraction point????
pls verify

Zdster
15-08-2007, 04:13 PM
as title, was it very less working space for the clutch? i.e no need to drop much then the car will go---as soon as in gear then just drop 2cm then come to fraction point????
pls verify

The cluctch engagement point (which is what I think you are talking about) will vary depending on numerous factors including the type of car, type of clutch, master cylinder etc etc.

As to what they feel like, again it depends on what sort of clutch etc. I have driven a car with a brass button clutch and it engagement was fairly difficult (as in you needed a fair amount of force to get the clutch in).

JDM.Power
15-08-2007, 04:13 PM
my brother has a hks triple plate clutch in his gtr.
the noise it produces is crazy, once your foot is on the clutch, you can hear it spinning and ready to grab.
theres not friction point, either in or out.

its a B*tch to drive in traffic where there is heaps of traffic lights.

sheepo
15-08-2007, 04:20 PM
*just realize you were asking about friction point*

Hmm I thought you could adjust the friction point being high, mid and low? (stepping the clutch pedal all the way down)
With the clutch I used it was set to bite high so i dun have to step on it that much to shift.. however I did crunch my 2nd gear once by being careless

wp89
15-08-2007, 11:26 PM
pls verify

yes.. i got the ogura orc clutch & its pretty much as you desribed.. not much distance between gettin it right & making the car jerk.