PDA

View Full Version : is the JDM and AUDM FN2 type R's Intake manifold and trottle body same?

X8TEENX
15-08-2007, 07:29 PM
pretty interest whether JDM civic type r and AUDM civic R using the same intake manifold and trottle body??cause from website review. it says that the JDM Civc R having bigger TB+better IM. so curious whether these are the same (gonna try to get 1 JDM 1 to fit into my AUDM dc5r...

aaronng
15-08-2007, 07:38 PM
pretty interest whether JDM civic type r and AUDM civic R using the same intake manifold and trottle body??cause from website review. it says that the JDM Civc R having bigger TB+better IM. so curious whether these are the same (gonna try to get 1 JDM 1 to fit into my AUDM dc5r...

JDM FD2R has an electronic throttle body. Your DC5R has a cabled throttle. Why don't you just get an aftermarket throttle body?

X8TEENX
16-08-2007, 01:10 PM
cause i though like if i get FN2 IM then just get a set of TB+IM

aaronng
16-08-2007, 01:49 PM
So are you after an FN2 or FD2 IM? both are different. FD2 is shorter and straighter. But both have an electronic throttle body. You can always go for an FD2 IM (if you could ever find one) and get a sandwich adapter made up to fit on an aftermarket cabled throttle body.

X8TEENX
16-08-2007, 08:26 PM
do you knw how much for honda dealer deal wif a FD2 IM? btw wat sandwich adapter i need to get??it's no point to get a JDM dc5r IM for like 300 and pay hundred dollar more for better FD2 IM

aaronng
16-08-2007, 09:18 PM
do you knw how much for honda dealer deal wif a FD2 IM? btw wat sandwich adapter i need to get??it's no point to get a JDM dc5r IM for like 300 and pay hundred dollar more for better FD2 IM
You can't get an FD2 Type R IM from the dealer here in Australia. You'll have to contact Japan directly.

The sandwich adapter is just a plate with holes in the correct location so that you can bolt it to your FD2 IM, and then bolt your TB of choice to the plate.

VT3C
16-08-2007, 09:40 PM
the FN2 IM is a revised design over the DC5 with shorter, fatter runners and a larger square plennum.. makes for some good top end in terms of design. I do admit i havnt looked at the JDM one but i doubt there'd be much of a gain over the UK version if there was a difference.

I think your money would be spent better on exhaust upgrade or perhaps replacing the TB with a cable-operated unit with Throttle cable from Euro or DC5 and a tunable ECU to match ;) what u can do largely depends on how much you value your warranty.

aaronng
16-08-2007, 09:57 PM
the FN2 IM is a revised design over the DC5 with shorter, fatter runners and a larger square plennum.. makes for some good top end in terms of design. I do admit i havnt looked at the JDM one but i doubt there'd be much of a gain over the UK version if there was a difference.

I think your money would be spent better on exhaust upgrade or perhaps replacing the TB with a cable-operated unit with Throttle cable from Euro or DC5 and a tunable ECU to match ;) what u can do largely depends on how much you value your warranty.
The Euro's throttle body is electronic and smaller than an AUDM DC5R's throttle body.

X8TEENX
17-08-2007, 07:20 PM
i think so far no ppl know will the FN2 IM fit dc5r or not...hai..bad luck

aaronng
17-08-2007, 07:37 PM
i think so far no ppl know will the FN2 IM fit dc5r or not...hai..bad luck

Same block, will fit. Heck, the DC5R's IM will fit an Euro. Why not an FN2 on a DC5R?