PDA

View Full Version : problems with red paint

CRXUAL
15-08-2007, 11:06 PM
hey..i got a red car and ive heard dat red paint comes up the most problems...such as wen the paint oxidises forming white cloudy spots on the car..makin it look like the paint is fading...is there anythin that will fix this besides a respray if this is to happen ??

Zdster
16-08-2007, 09:53 AM
hey..i got a red car and ive heard dat red paint comes up the most problems...such as wen the paint oxidises forming white cloudy spots on the car..makin it look like the paint is fading...is there anythin that will fix this besides a respray if this is to happen ??

Just try and keep up with cleaning and waxing etc and pray that your paint doesnt end up looking as bad as mine. Otherwise you can always get the car resprayed.

Rivic
16-08-2007, 12:05 PM
if its a honda uve got the red they come out with from the factory does have a problem with the uv potection in the paint which does cause it to 'fade'. if it hasn't fadded or antyhting yet best bet is to keep it out off direct hot sunlight in summer etc for long periods of time, and look after ur paint, buffing and polishing etc, GL :)

technify
16-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Like zdster said, keep on cleaning.

each time , applying the wax too.

but dont go for a respray unless your paint goes full hectik bad condition. :thumbsup:

dupac->
16-08-2007, 11:57 PM
dont park in the sun for long periods of time.

dsp26
17-08-2007, 12:52 AM
as said by all above, gotta keep it clean, UV protected/waxed.

Red paint in general fades the quickest on any car.. something to do with being the opposite colour to ultra violet on the spectrum..

Zdster
17-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Red paint in general fades the quickest on any car.. something to do with being the opposite colour to ultra violet on the spectrum..

Its not just that. The Honda red doesnt have enough UV resistant pigments in it, so fades even faster than a 'normal' red paint job.

panda[cRx]
17-08-2007, 09:16 AM
it's not just honda, it seems most reds from that era were pretty bad. have seen the same thing on red mx5's, my red mr2 and on a workmates late 80's statesman

Zdster
17-08-2007, 09:42 AM
;1300108']it's not just honda, it seems most reds from that era were pretty bad. have seen the same thing on red mx5's, my red mr2 and on a workmates late 80's statesman

I have been told that the Peugot are the worst of them all.

panda[cRx]
17-08-2007, 09:48 AM
probably, the only good thing about french cars is i dont drive one :D

ram si
17-08-2007, 09:55 AM
i had a 92 civic with the milano red and yea it does fade quite badly..

a friend who also had the same car bought his from a smash repairer who had given his car a few coats of clear gloss or something, and the paint looked as new

so if your really worried thats any easy solution, dont know how much it would cost though

Spunkymonkey
17-08-2007, 11:08 PM
yes the red egs...fade heaps....

i think its more that shade of red....

I see less of the fade problem on the milano red....and torino red pearl....

although they are "metallic" paint I guess so probably better protected

Zdster
18-08-2007, 10:26 PM
yes the red egs...fade heaps....

i think its more that shade of red....

I see less of the fade problem on the milano red....and torino red pearl....

although they are "metallic" paint I guess so probably better protected

Are you kidding? The milano red paint jobs are just as bad if not worse. Search the US forums for "milano pink" for further proof. Furthermore, milano red is not metallic.

Spunkymonkey
18-08-2007, 10:39 PM
From what I usually see its the red egs that are pretty bad..

vy-tec
21-08-2007, 06:06 PM
i like shiney RED paint on cars =) makes them look more sexy =)